Friday, April 18, 2014

Let's Rock n' Roll Again

Hi everyone ~ This week’s card for the Muse Challenge was created by Therese Calvird, and I was determined to play along, since I haven’t done so in a few weeks. 
Here is Therese' card:



And, here is my card:





 
I stayed close to Therese’ card design, but wanted more dimension on my stenciled panel. So, I used white embossing paste tinted with 3 different shades of distress ink, so it would create an ombre effect, just as Therese did. I used the Rock n’ Roll technique for the feather with Mama Elephant Blush and Eggplant pigment inks, then inked the dots on the coordinating stamp with my glue pad and added clear glitter for some sparkle. I stamped the sentiment with gray ink on to a dimensional banner from SSS.


*****

My next card is for this week’s challenge at CASology.The cue card this week is ‘Note’, so I went through my stash and found a combination of stamps and a notebook die.


For this card, I die cut the notebook die 3 times to add dimension, and used gray ink for the sentiment. The heart was die cut with silver foil cardstock to add a little shine, and I popped up the flower and leaves with foam dots. Lastly, I placed this panel on to the embossed card base.

*****

 My last card is for is for this week’s challenge at Addicted to Stamps and More - our theme is Anything Goes.


I stamped the Water Blooms flowers with Mama Elephant Pigment inks, and masked the flowers before adding the stems and leaves. I stamped the sentiment in gray, and put a generous coat of Wink of Stella clear glitter on the flower centers to add some sparkle.

Well, that’s it for me today...If you celebrate, I wish you a very Happy Easter! Thank you so much for stopping by...I appreciate your sweet comments very much!




Supplies:

You Make My Heart Soar
Stamps: Papertrey Ink - Feather Finery
Ink: Mama Elephant - Blush, Eggplant; Versafine - Smokey Gray; Tim Holtz Distress Inks - Tumbled Glass, Broken China, Peacock Feathers
Cardstock: Papertrey Ink - Stamper’s Select White, True Black; MFT - Berrylicious
Dies: Papertrey Ink - Feather Finery; Simon Says Stamp - Tilted Banners
Stencil: Simon Says Stamp - Falling Stars
Embossing Paste: Wendy Vecchi - White
Glitter: Tim Holtz - Clear Rock Candy
Misc: The Essential Glue Pad

Just a Note
Stamps: Papertrey Ink - Just Smile, Birds & Blooms, Wonderful Words ‘Hello’
Ink: Versafine - Onyx Black; Versamark; Hero Arts - Mint Julep, Passion Flower
Embossing Powder: American Crafts ‘Zing’ - Gold
Cardstock: Papertrey Ink - Stamper’s Select White; Avery Elle - Orchid
Impression Plate: Papertrey Ink - Picnic Plaid
Dies: Papertrey Ink - Just Smile; Lil’ Inkers - Notebook Die; Mama Elephant - Confetti (heart) 

Love You
Stamps: Mama Elephant - Water Blooms, Just Hatched (sentiment)
Ink: Mama Elephant - Blush, Eggplant, Winter, Sunshine; Hero Arts - Green Hills; Versafine - Smokey Gray
Cardstock: Papertrey Ink - Stamper’s Select White
Glitter: Wink of Stella - Clear


18 comments:

Joni Andaya said...

Wow!!! Gorgeous cards Barb....so Awesome in each special way :) Love this Fantastic!!!

Dawn T said...

You have been busy Barb . Beautiful cards

Meg said...

All three are great! Love your take on Therese's card.

Anonymous said...

You go Barb, I can't believe you ombre'd the stencil paste, all I can say is a big WOW! So glad you could share this week, Hugs Therese

Deborah Frings said...

I think all these cards are absolutely fabulous! I do like the pretty flowers on your ASM card! Thanks so much for playing along with ASM this week!

Tracey McNeely said...

All fabulous Barb. I love your Muse card, the feather is gorgeous. A sweet little note for CASology and pretty posies! Thank you so much for sharing with us at CASology!

Ardyth said...

Love the effect of the embossing paste - great colours! It sounds so messy and complicated with paste and inks, but it looks so beautifully clean! Love the idea of the note 'ripped' out of a notebook, too! So glad you joined us at CASology and Muse this week!

Anita in France said...

Wow, Barb, the texture with the embossed ombré paste is fantastic ... gorgeous with that soft, delicate feather! Such a cute little 'note' card with a fab embossed background, and a wonderful springtime floral delight! Easter Blessings to you! Anita :)

Cornelia (fun stamping) said...

Came over from the Muse - but there are so many beautiful cards to admire! Love them all - Happy Easter to you, Barb!

Jenni's Jems said...

Simply beautiful cards ! x

Michelle Short said...

Stunning cards Barb, love the colours on the first two and the third one is stunning too, love the arrangement of the flowers. Wishing you a very happy Easter x

Karen M said...

Three beautiful cards Barb - your coloured embossing paste looks fab too:) Happy easter xx

Kate said...

Great cards Barb :) Love your take on the muse card.
Kate x

Gillian R said...

What gorgeous cards Bard, I love them all Thank you so much for joining us this week at CASology

Jean said...

Lovely cards! Hope you had a fabulous Easter holiday.

Deepti said...

Love these set of beautiful cards u have shared, Congratulations on being featyred at Muse. Your card took my heart away :)

Sarah G said...

What great cards! Love the ombré embossing paste on the first one - so clever!

Cat Craig said...

Barb, such great cards. You have been a busy crafter. Love them all.