Saturday, May 3, 2014

Have a Happy Day

Hello Blog Friends!
Another quick post ~ For this week’s challenge at CAS(E) This Sketch, Chrissy Larson created this really fun sketch:



I used 2 techniques on this card: ‘Two-toned Stamping’ on the balloons, taught by Jen McGuire in This Video and ‘Layered Die Cutting’ shown in Betty’s Post and in this video by Therese Calvird, which is different than the technique I learned from JJ Bolton in This Post. Here's my card:



It's a little difficult to see the sparkle on the balloons and the strings I added, so here's a close up:



I stamped the balloons in 2 colors, added stars with white pigment ink, and used soft stone ink on the balloon strings. There are 5 layers of the die cut sentiment, and the words are from a Hero Arts stamp set. I also added the gold stars using my Mama Elephant Confetti dies with foiled cardstock.

I would also like to enter this card into this week's Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge for the theme 'Anything Goes'.


So, that’s it for today...I hope everyone is getting ready to have a fun and crafty weekend! And, if you’re signed up, Monday is the first day of Online Card Class - Watercolor for Cardmakers ~ Hope to see you there!

Thanks so much for stopping by!
Barb



Supplies
Stamps: Clearly Besotted Stamps - Make a Wish; Hero Arts - Butterfly & Flower (sentiment)
Ink: Versafine - Onyx Black; Papertrey Ink - Soft Stone; Hero Arts Shadow Inks - Several colors
Cardstock: Papertrey Ink - Stamper’s Select White, True Black; DCWV - Foiled Cardstock
Die: Memory Box - Happy; Mama Elephant - Confetti
Misc: Wink of Stella - Clear Pen




22 comments:

Hannelie said...

Hi Barb!
Your comment on my blog just made my day! Big hug to you for inspiring me with your kind words!
Now look at this creation! It's fantastic! Those balloons stamped to perfection , combined with a dimensional die cut sentiment... makes this stunning!
Great job!

Barb said...

I have yet to try this technique - love your fabulous results, Barb! The sparkle is so pretty too! Happy weekend to you, and yes - you will see me in class on Monday - can't wait! :)

Lorraine A said...

Gorgeous card Barb :-) the balloons look amazing and I love how you have used the die cut technique too,,, absolutely fabulous !

thanks for joining us on the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge
luv
Lols x x x

Dawn T said...

Gorgeous card Barb.

Sarah G said...

Wonderful card - thanks for the links to the techniques. I often think that I must try something and then forget where I saw it! Love the shimmer and colour on your balloons. Looking forward to class on Monday.....see you there :)

Anita in France said...

So much gorgeous dimension, Barb ... fabulous two tone stamping and great shimmer on the balloons ... love that layered die cut happy! Won't be in class this time round (sadly, no time available!) ... but am looking forward to seeing what you create! Anita :)

lostinpaper said...

Super clever take on the sketch Barb, love the sentiment over top of the balloons too!

Betty said...

Wonderful card Barb - Therese explained how to that technique better than I did but love that look! Thanks for the link to my post.

shirley-bee said...

This is such a fabulous take on the sketch, Barb!

ThePurplePlace said...

Your balloons are fabulous...I love the how "realistic" they each look and love the wonderful variety of colors your chose! It's also such a great take on the CTS sketch! Now, I am off to watch Jennifer's video as I think I somehow missed this one and now MUST see it.

PS: See you in class on Monday, I think this one will be extra fun and I already have my supplies ready and my homework done!!

Lin said...

Love your take on the sketch, Barb - thanks so much for joining us once again at the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge!

joy said...

I love this card, Barb! Your two toned stamping is so pretty and I love the colors and sparkle!

Greta said...

Oh wow--what a neat card, Barb--love it! Just to explain, the water splat piece on my card looked totally different after I spritzed it with the inks & dry embossed it--covered up the failure--LOL!

Karin Åkesdotter said...

LOVE your Beautiful balloons!!!!

Deepti said...

This sure looks like a winner to me :) what a fantastic execution! I love the sparkle, the colors u picked for the balloons and I definitely can see the strings :)

Cornelia (fun stamping) said...

Love those rainbow ballons! Love the sparkle, too!

Cris G. said...

Wow! This card is so beautiful! I especially love the balloons stamped in two tones, and sentiment. Perfect for the sketch... I think you have a winner here!

Michelle said...

Barb, this is fantastic! Beautiful, beautiful card! Thanks for joining us at CAS(E) This Sketch!

Leigh Penner said...

Oh, this is so fabulous! Wonderful take on the sketch!

Kailash said...

Gorgeous card Barb, you are amazing at trying these fun techniques. I am always so inspired by your designs but never get to try them:-)!!

Jen W. said...

Your sparkly, two-toned balloons are amazing, Barb!! Thanks for playing along with CAS(E) This Sketch this week!

donna mikasa said...

Wow! This is simply amazing! The balloons look so realistic with all that glimmer and shine! Love how you used the sketch, too! Thanks so much for joining CAS(E) this Sketch!