Wednesday, May 21, 2014

More Challenge Cards

Hi everyone...I have 2 cards to share ~
A few days ago, I found a new CAS challenge blog (thanks, Hannelie!), AAA Cards CAS Challenge, and for their third challenge, the theme is "INSPIRE" and CASE a card by Linda Beesom. Here is a photo of Linda’s card:


 And, here is my card:




It wasn’t until I was finished, that I realized there is no stamping on this card...so strange!!! So, to begin, I inked my Swiss Dot stencil with shadow inks, then die cut and embossed the black panel with the Linen/Canvas Impression Plate. I die cut the Dream Cloud in vellum and inked cardstock to create a matching gradient of colors for the positive alphas. I added a few sequins and enamel dots, and a coat of Wink of Stella clear glitter to the word dream. It’s difficult to see the sparkle on screen, so here is a close up:




This week’s challenge at Addicted to Stamps is ‘Anything Goes', so I would also like to submit my card there, as well!


 *******************

My 2nd card is for two challenges: CAS(E) This Sketch, and The Card Concept, for the theme ‘Coffee’:





 Ever since I bought Avery Elle’s Rounded Diamonds stamp and die set, I’ve been trying to think of a unique way to use them on a card. So, when I saw the hexagon on the sketch, I decided to go with what I had on hand and create a CAS design. I used just the die and created an aperture for the cup and saucer. I used the rock n’ roll technique on the image, colored pencils for shading, and gold embossing powder for the sentiment.

So, that’s it for me ~ Thanks so much for stopping by!

Barb  







Supplies:
Dream:
Ink: Hero Arts - Butter Bar. Orange Soda, Pale Tomato
Cardstock: Papertrey Ink - Select White, Lemon Tart, True Black, Vellum
Dies: Memory Box - Dream Cloud; MFT - Blue Prints 13
Impression Plate: Papertrey Ink - Linen/Canvas
Misc: Wink of Stella - Clear Glitter Pen
Gems: My Minds Eye - Enamel Dots; Pretty Pink Posh - Sparkling Clear Cupped (6mm)

Let’s Catch Up:
Stamps: Clearly Besotted Stamps - Warm Wishes
Ink: Mama Elephant - Winter, Ocean; Versamark; Hero Arts - Cup O’ Joe
Cardstock: Papertrey Ink - Select White; Simon Says Stamp - Surf Blue
Pencils: Prismacolor
Embossing Powder: Zing - Gold
Gems: My Minds Eye - Enamel Dots

29 comments:

Sarah G said...

Great work, Barb - you are so clever with challenges! I am hoping to get the chance to play along with the AAA challenge - love your card, especially the inking on the die cut word and the vellum cloud! Love your coffee card too - great use of the rounded diamond :)

Virginia L. said...

You are a PRO when it comes to challenges! Love both of your cards! The color combo is so striking in the first card! Love your use of that AV die cut on the end! Just delightful!

Jen W. said...

Both of this are fabulous, Barb! Love the ombre dots and sentiment on the first card. The way you used the AE die on the second card is gorgeous and I love the soft look of the coffee cup! Thanks for playing along with CAS(E) This Sketch this week!

Hannelie said...

Barb... you are a STAR! for playing at AAA cards! Your card is a fantastic case of Linda's card.
The sentiment on vellum looks super!
I love that rounded diamond shape on your second card... it just works time and time again!

Unknown said...

Fabulous cards! Love that first one with the bright colors and awesome polka dots!

Cathy Weber said...

You couldn't have come up with a better die for that CAS(e) this Sketch card...very smart to use the rounded diamond! I really love the rounded edges on your card base too. Thank you for joining us at the Card Concept Challenge!

Jane said...

So pleased you found us at AAA Cards! Love the leather look of your black panel, it's such a great contrast to the hot polka dots.

Dawn T said...

Gorgeous cards Barb. Lovely designs and colours

sandie said...

Both are great cards Barb. I love the multicolured 'dream' on the first one and just the yummy CAS ness of the second! Thanks for joining us at ATSM

Deepti said...

Both of ur cards are amazing in their own ways, I like the idea of dream and cloud, so very genius. Love the soothing colors on ur second card :) thank you for sharing with ATSM !

Angela said...

Barb, all your cards are fantastic! Thank you so much for joining us at AAA Cards!

Rosemary said...

another fun set of cards, barb... the second one is my fav... fab take on the CTS layout!

Cat Craig said...

Great takes on the challenges Barb.

Kristie Goulet said...

Awesome cards! Love the first one with the fun colors! Your take on the sketch is great.

Leigh Penner said...

Great cards! They're both wonderful!

Julia said...

Love the use of the colors in the polka dots card. Great CASE! Thanks so much for joining us at AAA Cards.

Judy Tuck said...

Love your cute coffee card Barb!

Tracey McNeely said...

Oh my goodness Barb, I just love how your dream cloud turned out--gorgeous! Love your coffee card with the rounded diamond. Thank you so much for sharing with us at the Card Concept!

Linda Beeson said...

I so love what you did with that die cut word on your first card and how adorable is that coffee cup on the second one.

Kelly Latevola said...

Brab I am totally in love with that dream cloud! It's so stunning!!

Victoria Lavender said...

Great take on AAA Cards CAS Challenge Barb! That's a cool die (I have Thanks in a cloud). Your background is "spot" on too. We are so glad you've come to play with us at AAA Cards, you make wonderful cards and we look forward to seeing more of you and your cards in the future!

jimlynn said...

Fantastic card and love that background! Great die!
Lynn

Kay Miller said...

Oh your inspired card is sooooo pretty Barb! Love the striking colors and the vellum cloud under the sentiment is so clever and looks amazing! Beautiful work! I love how you used the rounded square die on your coffee card! That's one of my favorite set of dies by the way! So many fun things to do with them! Thanks for the inspiration ;) Beautiful card too! Hope you have a lovely weekend! (( Hugs))

Happy Dance said...

Two awesome cards, Barb! Super stenciling on your AAA card - you've really captured the inspiration perfectly. And goodness! Am loving how you've used that AE die on you wonderful coffee card! Brilliant! Bev

maria f. said...

Way to rock challenges! That dream cloud is fabulous. Love the two-toned coloring.

~amy~ said...

Both of your cards are wonderful...love the coffee card and the watercolor-y look.
Thanks for joining us at the card concept!

Deborah Frings said...

I think both cards are fabulous! Love the aqua and coffee theme on the second card, but your dream cloud and dotty card are just stunning. Thanks so much for playing along with Addicted to Stamps and More!

Cris G. said...

Both great cards, Barb. So you-nique and happy. I love the colors and perfect coloring on the first one.

lostinpaper said...

I have been having so much fun catching up on your cards Barb, love this sparkly 'dream cloud'!