Sunday, May 25, 2014

New Goodies!

Hi everyone...I have 2 more cards to share today. The first one is for this week’s challenge at CAS(E) This Sketch.
The sketch was created by the Super Talented, Gayatri Murali, and there are so many ways to go with it! 





I chose to use another one of my ‘new to me’ stamp sets from Clearly Besotted to create this card called Elegant Butterflies. Before I stamped them, I used selective die cutting for the lilac butterfly, so that it would pop up off the top of the card. Then, I colored them in with Copics, stamped the small ones in black, and added Wink of Stella clear glitter to add sparkle to them. I stamped the sentiment in gray, because there’s so much black on this card, and added white pearls to the center of the images.


                                         *****************

My 2nd card is for this week’s challenge at Less is More...the recipe for this week is ‘Die Cut’!





For this card, I die cut the outline of the poppies in black, and used Copics to color in the flowers. I used the inlaid die cut technique and since I just received this Winnie & Walter stamp set, of course, I couldn’t wait to use it on a card (and that it was perfect for my son to give to his girlfriend)! I stamped it in black archival ink and used clear embossing powder to make it shiny. I wanted to keep this card really CAS, so I added a few sequins, and I was finished.

So, that’s it for me ~ Thanks so much for stopping by!

Barb










Supplies:

Heartfelt Thanks
Stamps: Clearly Besotted Stamps - Elegant Butterflies
Ink: Memento - Tuxedo Black; Versafine - Smokey Gray
Cardstock: Papertrey Ink - Select White
Markers: Copics
Gems: Hero Arts - Small Pearls


Love You
Stamps: Winnie & Walter - The Big, The Bold, and The Happy
Ink: Ranger - Archival Jet Black
Cardstock: Papertrey Ink - Select White
Embossing Powder: Hero Arts - Super Fine Clear
Die: Memory Box - Darling Poppies
Gems: Pretty Pink Posh - Sparkling Clear Cupped (4mm)

29 comments:

donna mikasa said...

Such pretty cards, Barb! I love your take on the sketch and how you selectively diecut the butterfly! And your second card with the inlaid poppies is CAS perfection! I'm sure your son's girlfriend will love it!

Cornelia (fun stamping) said...

Fabulous card, Barb - especially the first one with the butterfly flying off the card - just beautiful!

Michelle said...

Beautiful, beautiful cards, Barb! I love your butterflies!

Virginia L. said...

GORGEOUS cards, Barb! I love your striking colors on the first one! I adore the copic -coloring on the flowers! And I love how you used the W. and W. sentiment! Wish you a great week ahead!

Virginia L. said...

Just noticed your inlaid die cutting--wow, it's impeccable!

Anita in France said...

Soooo lovely, Barb ... great butterfly movement with one going off the top edge ... stunning poppies, just beautiful! Anita :)

Dawn T said...

Barb.... what can I say... AWESOME springs to mind! Your cards are simply stunning. Love the idea to use butterflies for the circles and having it fly off the page is inspiring. And the card you did with the flower is also just amazing. Your cards are just getting better and better to look at.

Jasleen Kaur said...

Beautiful cards Barb. I LOVE those butterflies. Great take on the sketch.

lovecraftingpaper said...

Butterflies and flowers are my favourite themes in my cards, so I love your cards! I love especially your poppies.

Mariangela

Sazzle Dazzle said...

Two amazing cards and I can't pick between them. I adore the elegant butterflies set from CBS so I guess that one will have to edge it for me.
Great use of dies and Thanks for taking part.
Sarah
Less is More

Jackie Rockwell said...

Love how the butterfly is flying off the top edge of your card!

Sarah G said...

A beautiful pair of cards - love the movement of the butterflies and your gorgeous die cut poppies! Both so fresh and CAS!

Chrissie said...

Just love that poppy card Barb!
Thanks so much
Chrissie
"Less is More"

Cat Craig said...

Gorgeous cards as usual Barb. Love your style.

Leigh Penner said...

Beautiful cards! I love your pretty take on the sketch! And your second card is wonderful, too!

Anne said...

Barb what a gorgeous couple of creations! Love the butterfly flying from the card and your flower card looks fab

jintyoo7 said...

Fabulous cards, Barb :)

Craft-E-Place said...

Two gorgeous cards. I think I need that Poppy die!
Elaine

Vicky Hayes said...

A stunning pair of CAS cards Barb! Vicky x

Sue said...

Love your elegant butterflies, Barb and the poppies are beautiful! x

Kay Miller said...

Absolutely beautiful work on both of your cards Barb! The way you did the lilac butterfly at the top is fabulous! I'm going to have to try that ;) Everything colored just wonderfully! Hope you had a nice Memorial day weekend! ((Hugs))

Tracey McNeely said...

Barb both of these cards are fabulous, I love those butterflies with the perfect touch of colours and your poppy outline die is so elegant!

wienerhoneymooners said...

Girl, you took my breath away!!! Awesome inlaid and coloring!!!!! Lovely clearly besotted goodness!!!

Deepti said...

Beautiful cards Barb, what I like the most about ur cards is the colors and the way u color the images and the way u design ur card :) amazing is the word !!

Jean said...

Both are lovely! That new sentiment is gorgeous!

Jen Nelson said...

both fabulous card!!

Love how you used the dies for this weeks challenge.
Thanks for joining us at Less Is More
Jen xx

Cris G. said...

Your butterflies card is just gorgeous! And the colors you have used are beautiful together. Your second card is also beautiful.

lostinpaper said...

Great cards Barb. Love how the butterflies are floating off the card!

Joni Andaya said...

Amazing cards Barb! Really love the butterflies :)