Sunday, May 11, 2014

Online Card Class - More Water Coloring!



After watching Shari’s video on Friday demonstrating water coloring on an embossed background with Distress Markers in the ‘Watercolor For Cardmakers’ class, I decided to create this card based on the current Hero Arts Spring Sketch Challenge (Sketch # 1).




After embossing the background with white EP, I used distress markers with water and a paint brush for the triangles. The leaves were inked on the Hero Arts Night Flower Stencil with Green Hills, and the sentiment is from my brand new stamp set, Hello Sunshine Daisies.

So, that’s it for me today...Sending you all my best wishes for a Happy Mother’s Day ~ Thanks so much for stopping by!



Supplies:
Stamps: Hero Arts - Tiny Flags, Hello Sunshine Daisies
Ink: Hero Arts - Green Hills; Versafine - Onyx Black
Cardstock: Papertrey Ink - Stamper’s Select White, Spring Rain
Markers: Tim Holtz Distress Markers- Broken China, Squeezed Lemonade, Dried Marigold, Peacock Feathers, Victorian Velvet
Dies: Spellbinders - Large Circle
Sequins: Pretty Pink Posh

15 comments:

Dawn T said...

Just gorgeous Barb.

Rosemary said...

fab take on the technique and the sketch, barb!!

Lin said...

You are so clever to adapt this to the sketch, Barb! Beautifully done!

Betty said...

such a great card, Barb - very creative!

lostinpaper said...

Oh my, this is such a clever technique, love your card Barb!

Sarah G said...

This is a great take on the sketch and lovely watercolour effect! Love the way the tiny flags are pointing down towards the sentiment - clever design, Barb!

Cat Craig said...

Wonderful to combine the sketch challenge and homework! Outstanding, Barb.

Leslie Hanna said...

Great job with your homework!Perfect background stamp for that technique!

I made a card front, but I'm still not sure if I'll share it or not. ;/

Loll said...

Beautiful design Barb ... and great job with the watercoloring. Loll xx

Susan said...

I love the stamp you've used. I've looked at it so many times! This being on a fixed income is not any fun sometimes! :) I get it one day! You sure made a beautiful card!

Virginia L. said...

FABULOUS water-coloring! Love the composition and design! Hope you had a great Mother's Day! HUGS!

Hannelie said...

Great application of the technique Barb! I LOVE the colors!

Anita in France said...

What a fabulous technique, so beautifully executed, Barb ... those wee watercolour triangles are delicious! Anita :)

Unknown said...

Love, love, love the way your colored these individual triangles!!! Need to try this idea! So glad you are enjoying the class!

LauraJane:) said...

You have captured the sketch BEAUTIFULLY! And I also Love the individually colored triangles.
seems like is would be therapeutic to color like that.