Thursday, May 8, 2014

Online Card Class - WaterColor For Cardmakers!


Well, it’s Day 3 for Online Card Classes ‘Watercolor For Cardmakers’ and even though I’m very behind on my projects, I’m really enjoying this class!

For my first card, I thought I would channel my inner ‘Laura Bassen’ ...well, I tried! I lost count of how many pieces of water color paper were trashed in the process, but it was still a lot of fun and I did manage to create a card: 




I can’t go into the specifics, but I used distress inks to create the front panel, and die cuts from PTI and Lil’ Inkers.

*****

For my next card, I used a soft water color wash background technique taught by Agnieszka Malyszek on Day 2. I found this very relaxing...



I wanted to create a scene for the horse and buggy images, so I tried to mimic grass and the sky behind them with just a hint of yellow from the sun across the top...not sure if I really achieved that, but I tried! I used my water color pencils (Stampin’ Up and Inktense) and the new Tim Holtz water color papers, which seem to hold up well to all the water I added to the colors.  

*****

My last card is based on a technique taught by Kristina Werner on Day 2. I used my Hero Arts Loop Flower background stamp, and my new SSS/Mama Elephant stamp and die set called ‘Summer Garden’ for the flower. The sentiment is from the Hero Arts set ‘Enjoy Today’.



So, that’s it for days 1 and 2...now, I would like to create something Day 3....onward and forward, as they say! 


I hope everyone is having a great week ~ Thanks so much for stopping by!
 
Barb


18 comments:

wienerhoneymooners said...

You are MOST definitely on a ROLL Barb! Most excellent, I cant wait to see what else you do....love them!!!!!

Dawn T said...

You have been having fun by the looks of these Barb. I'm like you, a bit behind with my homework! But thoroughly enjoying it.

Kate said...

Great cards Barb loved Laura's too ...its the only card ive finished so far oops.

Anita in France said...

Wow, the colours on your first card are stunning, Barb ... so bright, vibrant and bold ... gorgeous! The other two are deliciously subtle ... what a fabulous effect the soft watercolouring gives! Anita :)

lostinpaper said...

Looks like a fabulous class Barb, your cards are amazing!

Betty said...

isn't this class fun - all three of your cards are wonderful, but especially love the soft pink one!

Tracey McNeely said...

Barb these are fantastic, love the vibrant colours on your first card!

Cat Craig said...

Looks like you are enjoying the class, your creations are wonderful. I especially love the vibrant colors on the first one.

Jean said...

These are all lovely! Great job!

Rosemary said...

beautiful set of cards, barb! your take on laura's technique is so pretty! (i have to say that i tried laura's technique and didn't like anything i came up with! but i'm not going to give up just yet!)

Darnell said...

Oh, goodness, Barb, you are just too hard on yourself! Your watercoloring is wonderful! It's such a fun, low-pressure class and I can't wait to see our next lovely cards!! Hugs, Darnell

Kelly Latevola said...

These are all so beautiful Barb! I absolutely adore the first one, such bold bright colors :)

Kim M said...

Your cards are fantastic! I just adore you hello card! It's incredible! :-)

Diane said...

Fabulous group of cards Barb.

Hugs diane

Leslie Hanna said...

Wow, indeed on a roll! I love all your homework!

Greta said...

I love all your cards, but the last one is my favorite! Great work, Barb!

Loll said...

Great job on your class cards Barb. Looks like you are having fun and learning lots. Loll xx

Hannelie said...

Your effort and all those "wasted" paper was well worth it in the end! The bright colored first card stole my heart!