Friday, May 23, 2014

Special Mother

Hi everyone...I'm one of those very blessed people who still have my mother, and I love to create cards for her for no reason at all! She loves flowers, and since they seem to be the theme this week for several challenges, I couldn’t resist jumping in. I would like to enter this card for the CASology Challenge and for my 2nd submission at Less is More Challenge.

And, here is my card:




I used my brand new Clearly Besotted stamps to create this card. I embossed the flowers in white, and for a change, I colored the flowers in Lilac (my mother's favorite color).

So, that’s it for me ~ I hope everyone has a wonderful Holiday weekend! Thanks so much for stopping by! 


Barb


Supplies:
Stamps: Clearly Besotted Stamps - Fresh Flowers
Ink: Versamark; Hero Arts - Silver
Cardstock: Papertrey Ink - Select White
Markers: Copics - V000, V 04, V15, YG06, YG07, YG09
Gems: Pretty Pink Posh - Sparkling Clear Cupped (4mm)

19 comments:

Tracey McNeely said...

Barb that is just gorgeous, your Copic colouring and embossing is just perfect! I am waiting for that set and the dies to be back in stock at Simon Says! Thank you so omuch for sharing with us this week at CASology!

Anne said...

Lovely card for a perfect reason Barb!
Thank you for your LIM entry
Anne
Less is More Designer

Betty said...

beautiful card - you have a special mom and she has a special daughter - both of you are blessed!

Lin said...

Perfect for a flower-lover, Barb! I love it embossed in white!

Rosemary said...

beautiful card for your mom, barb! love the shading on the flowers!

Cindy C. said...

Awe so pretty!!

Loll said...

Hi Barb. Your flowers are GORGEOUS ... and your mom will love them. How special to make her a card "just because". Loll xx

Meghan said...

Barb, I have this set and I just absolutely love how you coloured it! So glad you joined us at CASology again this week!

wienerhoneymooners said...

OH BARB, ! This is amazing and such inspiration for me as I just received this... so amazing and I will try some loveliness too!!! Love your style, and love seeing you here, so glad you made it to CASology for the lovely Flower challenge!

Hannelie said...

Wow, an absolute gorgeous bloom Barb! Perfectly colored!

Dawn T said...

what a beautiful card Barb. I think I need that stamp set!

Chrissie said...

This is beautiful Barb, I love this stamp and your treatment of it is gorgeous!
Thanks so much
Chrissie
"Less is More"

Judy Tuck said...

Beautiful flowers Barb. Your colouring of them is awesome.

Kailash said...

Such a special and gorgeous card Barb, you are so blessed to share your creativity with your mum:-)

Sarah G said...

A beautiful stamp, beautifully coloured! Love the soft lilac and the CAS design - serene and elegant!

Kim M said...

This is beautiful, Barb! Wonderful colouring and great design. I'm sure your Mom will love it! :-)

Darnell said...

Oh, my goodness, Barb, I think this might be my new favorite card of yours. It really took my breath away! You are so blessed to have your mom, but it works both ways; how blessed she is to have you for a daughter, and such a talented card artist besides!! Hugs, Darnell

Unknown said...

So pretty! Love that you colored the flowers in your mom's favorite color! Good choice:)

lostinpaper said...

This is especially beautiful Barb and I know your mother will adore it!