Sunday, September 7, 2014

ATCAS Challenge - Oriental

Hi everyone,
ATCAS Challenge is one of my all time favorite challenges, and this week's Code Word is 'Oriental'! Well, I knew this was going to be a real stretch for me, so I opened my Silhouette software and went shopping...and this is what I came up with:


The symbol, which I die cut in black means "Love", so I stamped the PTI word in Delicata Gold, as it also keeps with traditional Chinese colors. I also added a strip of gold foil cardstock along the side, and even though I usually add sequins or enamel dots to my cards, I slapped my own hand, and resisted temptation. In the end, I'm happy that this card has crisp, clean lines and no additional elements...truly CAS!

Well, that's it for me today...I hope everyone has had a great weekend ~ Thanks so much for stopping by!

Barb


Supplies:
Stamps: Papertrey Ink - Wet Paint
Ink: Tsukineko - Delicata Gold
Cardstock: Papertrey Ink - Select White; DCWV - Gold Foil Cardstock
Other: Silhouette Studio - Chinese Characters 'Love'


25 comments:

Betty said...

wonderful card, Barb - the gold and black is so classy!

Karin Ã…kesdotter said...

So cool and so stylish!

Bonnie said...

So elegant, Barb! Wow!

Rosemary said...

definitely clean and crisp and so very lovely, barb!

Laura Norris said...

I really like this card Barb! It is very CAS and lovely. The black and gold are great together!!

Hannelie said...

This is fabulous bold and so striking Barb. Just the way I like it!

Kylie said...

Absolutely stunning, Barb! Perfectly CAS and the black and gold look amazing! Thanks so much for playing along at ATCAS xx

sandie said...

Wow Barb this is just so stunning and so perfectly CAS, that silhouette comes in useful. So pleased you joined us at ATCAS x

Dawn T said...

Gorgeous Barb.

Kathyk said...

Super CAS a very elegant card

Kathyk

Judy Tuck said...

Stunning Barb. Definitely very CAS!

SYLVIA-ANNE said...

Wow - truly CAS indeed Barb! Love your take on the Oriental theme - this is absolutely fabulous! Thank you for joining us again at ATCAS (congrats on your win in the "Luxury" challenge by the way!). Sylvia xx

Kay Miller said...

Wow Barb!! This is striking and stunning! What an eye catcher you have created here! That beautiful black bold symbol is lovely with the gold! Beautiful job on this!! ((Hugs))

Sarah G said...

The black and gold is the perfect colour combo - love your CAS take on the oriental theme!

Greta said...

Absolutely gorgeous CAS card, Barb!

Joyce said...

This is brilliant and gorgeous. I love the look of the Chinese lettering, and the gold is the perfect accent.

cm said...

Barb, your oriental inspired card is absolutely stunning with the images and colours you've paired. I'm calling winner on this gem!
Hugs~c

Tracey McNeely said...

Barb this is gorgeous, love the die cut symbol for love and perfectly paired with the Delicata ink!

Deepti said...

Striking :) love the gold ink n black, fab take on the code, thank you for sharing with ATCAS !

Loll said...

LOVE the gold edge and sentiment. Fabulous CAS design Barb! Thanks for joining us at ATCAS. Loll xx

Cat Craig said...

Smart, clever, and beautiful Barb.

Michelle Lupton said...

I love the simplicity of your card design! Thanks so much for playing along with us at ATCAS :)

OH Babs said...

Wow a lovely and elegant card Barb.

very_inky_fingers said...

Very beautiful!

Anonymous said...

Barb this is fabulous ! Such a gorgeous dynamic card love the touch of gold and the fact that you resisted to add that something extra, not need as you say your self truly CASA. Thanks once again for your continued support at ATCAS always a pleasure to see you.

Marie