Tuesday, September 23, 2014

ATSM CHALLENGE - CAS



Hello there, Blog Friends! It's Team A's turn this week at Addicted to Stamps & More Challenge! Our theme for this week is CAS! Here is my first card:

    

For my card, I used all Simon Says Stamp exclusive stamps and dies. The outline of the tree is die cut with white woodgrain cardstock, and the leaves were colored with Copic markers. In the spirit of the fall season, I stamped the sentiment with Versamark and used Copper Embossing Powder. I also added a touch of Wink of Stella clear glitter marker to the small solid white leaves to make them sparkly.

And, here is my 2nd card:


For this card, I used my new Mama Elephant stamps and dies from the Carnival Cupcakes and Carnival Toppers sets. I colored the cupcake with Copics, and mounted the die cuts on to an embossed panel. A bit of thread and a few sparkly sequins, and that was it! 

Our sponsor for this week's challenge is QKR Stampede and the winner will receive 3 free digi stamps of their choice!



I hope you'll be able to find time to stop by and check out all of the amazing projects my Teamies have created for this challenge and play along!

My first card also qualifies for the current Simon Says Stamp Flickr Challenge, so I would like to enter it there, as well. Barb Engler is our Hostess for the challenges, and she has come up with some great ideas to get your mojo going! Here is the inspiration photo for this challenge:


This is my 2nd entry, and once again I chose the top left to bottom right diagonal:
- Die Cut
- Autumn
- Glitter


Thanks so much for stopping by...have a wonderful day ~
Barb 


 


30 comments:

Kylie said...

Both cards are beautiful, Barb. The tree is stunning and I love the copper embossed sentiment. I got to your second card and I am sitting here eating my salad.... now I want a cupcake!!! LOVE the design of this card with the twine behind the cupcake, the cherry on top and the scattered sequins. LOVE it. Off to turn on the oven... LOL xx

Cornelia (fun stamping) said...

Two great cards - like the colored leaves in the tree and the matching frame and the cupcake is just too yummy!

Virginia L. said...

You did CAS so beautifully, Barb! I love the the first card's clever use of die cut and color combo. The cupcake looks yummy with the strings and sequins!

Deborah Frings said...

Wow! I really like that tree - simple and stylish! Love the bronze sentiment. And the cupcake card - so sweet!

Kelly Latevola said...

Wow Barb! These are both beautiful! I love your colored leaves and gorgeous embossing on the first. Your cupcake is super sweet! I love your thread nest with the sequins :) Gorgeous, gorgeous, gorgeous!!

Rahmat said...

Two gorgeous set of cards Barb! I really like the copper embossing on the first one, and the second one is simply a yummy card!

Shona Chambers said...

Your tree is so beautiful! I didn't know you could get Copper embossing powder, it looks incredible and perfect for this time of year. I love those stamps from Mama Elephant and you coloured the cupcake in deliciously. Gorgeous!

Joyce said...

These are both fantastic. I really like that white on white for the tree, and how you colored the negative spaces of the leaves. That cupcake card is so very cute. Love how you did that frosting.

Dawn T said...

fabulous cards Barb. Both are stunning.

sandie said...

Gorgeous tree and love the added WOS. The second card caught my eye as I love the twine behind the cake. I really like the look of the white twine but keep forgetting to get some! Fabulous CAS card x

Anonymous said...

Beautiful cards Barb. x

Neets B said...

Two beauties here, Barb. I love the copper and that tree die, it looks really classy. At that cupcake...omnomnom! Love it x

Julie B said...

Two fab CAS creations Barb. The tree is so pretty and I love the copper and the cupcake is sure to tempt the most diet conscious person! :)

Anonymous said...

Hi Barb. Beautiful cards. The cupcake looks too good to eat! :-D Have a great day! hugs Monika xxx

Lee-Anne said...

Two awesome cards, Barb! I love the simplicity of your tree card and love the copper :) The cupcake card is just sweet (lol)!

Rosemary said...

i'm always in awe of the fact that you usually have not one, but at least two wonderful cards in each post... don't know how you do it! both cards are fantastic... love the cute little cupcake on the second one!

Sue said...

Two gorgeous cards, Barb. The tree is so beautiful on the first and I lovely that cupcake and sentiment on the second.

Anita in France said...

These are both such gorgeous cards, Barb ... the white on white with the pops of leaf colour is stunning ... and the sweet little cupcake is so delicious looking! Anita :)

Loll said...

Two fabulous cards Barb. Love the white on white fall tree with the gorgeous colored leaves ... so striking!! And love that cupcake ... looks good enough to eat! :) Loll xx

cm said...

Two delights, Barb! The autumn leaves and copper sentiment in the first is ever-so striking; the cupcake on the second, pure scrumptious! You've sparked a craving...
Hugs~c

Keep It Sweet and Simple said...

Two fabulous cards. I admit, I am drawn to your gorgeous tree.
Love how you coloured the leaves and the copper embossing is just beautiful.
Caroline xxx

Kay Miller said...

Oooooh I'm in love with both of these Barb! The white tree with the copic colored leaves is just stunning! Love the blended leaves, that is just a fabulous idea! And of course I adore the little pink cupcake card! It's a "Kay" card! haha! So absolutely adorable!! (( Hugs))

Greta said...

2 great cards, Barb, but the tree really grabbed my attention--LOVE it!

Wei Wei said...

Love these two awesome cards! Love the gorgeous tree die,and the cute rabbit image! so beautiful.

Cat Craig said...

Beautiful cards Barb, I especially love the tree. Love the handling of the leaves. So darned pretty.

Deepti said...

Ah!! these are so fabulous :) I love how u brought just a little color into ur design with the leaves :) simply amazing!

Bonnie said...

Love the Fall tree and the cupcake! Two very different but equally awesome cards!

Tracey McNeely said...

Two fantastic cards Barb! I love your tree with a few coloured leaves and the yummy cupcake!!

Katie Melhus said...

These are absolutely great, Barb! I love them both!

lostinpaper said...

That tree is incredible Barb and those carnival cupcakes on the way to me as we speak and now I can't wait, thanks so much for the inspiration!