Saturday, September 6, 2014

Simon Says Stamp Flickr Challenge

Hi there, blog friends! There's a brand new challenge in Blog Land...Simon Says Stamp Flickr Challenge, hosted by the AMAZINGLY TALENTED Barb Engler! The very first challenge was posted yesterday, and will run for about 2 weeks, ending at 9:00 a.m. EDT, Thursday, September 18th, and it's a 'Color Challenge'. Here is the inspiration photo:


So many great colors to play with...Love it! Here is my card:



For this card, I used SSS Bouquet of Flowers stencil, and masked the flower on the left to create a little dimension. I inked this flower with Hero Arts Orange Soda, Butter Bar and Soft Vanilla to create a gradient, and inked the other flower with just Butter Bar. I used SSS Smoke ink for the dots inside this flower, and HA Green Hills ink for the stems and leaves. For the sentiment, I used the SSS/Mama Elephant Exclusive set called Summer Garden (stamped in black), and added a few DIY enamel dots in clear and gray. I mounted this panel on to a Steel Gray (MFT) card base, and that was it! I surprised myself by using all of the colors from the inspiration photo, too!

And...did I mention that there are some really amazing prizes for the winners in the challenges? For this challenge, the prize is a set of the six, brand new, Simon Says Stamp inks, which were released on Monday at the start of STAMPtember! I hope you'll have a chance over the next two weeks to check out the challenge in the SSS Flickr Group and play along!

Barb


18 comments:

Cat Craig said...

Gorgeous!, love how you colored the stencil.

Barb said...

I love this card, Barb! It's so beautiful! Your stenciling looks perfect! I'm so happy you played in the challenge! ♥

Kay Miller said...

Oh how lovely Barb! Those flowers are so pretty and I love how you inked the stamp to get the gradient! Great job with the masking too! I'll have to check out this new challenge! Sounds intriguing!! ((Hugs))

joy said...

So pretty, Barb! You used the challenge colors so nicely here. Love it!

Betty said...

fantastic card Barb!! very art deco and elegant!

cm said...

Barb, those stenciled flowers are so sweet....artsy, funky, fabulous and fun! Way to go with managing to fit all the colours!
~c

Vicki Dutcher said...

Oh this sounds like an awesome challenge -- your card is amazing! Good luck!

Greta said...

What a beautiful stencil used wonderfully, Barb!

Unknown said...

Oh, your inking is absolutely divine!!! Love it with this gorgeous sentiment!

Dawn T said...

gorgeous Barb. Must hunt out some SSS stuff and have a go.

Julie B said...

Well done Barb notice those enamel dots appearing again. Still haven't been able to try them out!

Chark said...

Great card for this challenge, I love how the stencil makes these softer than a stamp but still a great focal point--good luck!

Laura Norris said...

I love those flowers! So bold and bright and fun. Great take on the color challenge Barb!

Sarah G said...

Great idea to use the stencil, Barb - great way to use the colours! I will definitely be playing along :)

Tracey McNeely said...

Gorgeous card Bar, love those flowers so much!

Deepti said...

Awesome creations, love the coloring through the stencil !!

Cornelia (fun stamping) said...

I love the look of that stencil - so elegant!

lostinpaper said...

What an awesome funky flower!!