Monday, September 22, 2014

Simon Says Stamp Flickr Challenge

Hi everyone,
Gosh, it's been almost a week since I've had time to blog, and I wanted to share a card I created for the 2nd Simon Says Stamp Flickr Challenge!

Here is the inspiration photo:


For my card, I chose the top left to bottom right diagonal:
- Die Cut
- Autumn
- Glitter


I used the negative of the Heart Blooms die cut (which I won from Judy), and blended my Hero Arts Shadow Inks (Pale Tomato, Orange Soda, Butter Bar, Green Hills) on a panel beneath it. My sentiment is stamped in Versamark and Zing Black Glitter Embossing Powder, and the sequins are from an old SSS Card Kit.  

The Simon Says Stamp Flickr Challenge is so much fun, and runs for 2 weeks (this one will end on Thursday, Oct. 2nd at 9am), and the prize for this challenge is a Simon Says Stamp, $50.00 gift certificate! There's plenty of time between now and then, so I hope you'll consider checking it out! 

Well, that's it for me today. Online Card Class - Copic Markers for Card Makers started today, and as promised, it's fabulous!!! If you're taking the class...see you there!

Have a great week,
Barb











15 comments:

Joyce said...

Fantastic card. That die is something else--never seen it before, and it looks like you've got some pretty cool inking or coloring underneath. Love it.

Rosemary said...

wow, barb!! this is a winner in my book... absolutely gorgeous!!

Sarah G said...

Stunning card, Barb! Love that die and the rich colours - a great way of combining 3 elements from the new challenge. I will have to give it a go :)

lostinpaper said...

Such an elegant design Barb, LOVE it!

Barb said...

Love this gorgeous card, Barb! So beautifully created! The colors and design are perfect! Thank you so much for playing in the SSS Flickr challenge! ♥

Virginia L. said...

Way to rock the SSS Flickr challenge!! Love your color- inking and use of dies! Thanks SO much for leaving me some blog love today....much appreciated!

Hannelie said...

I LOVE those tint hearts turned into flowers!
Beautiful Barb!

Aileen said...

Bautiful card, love how you have used the negative of the die cut.

Dawn T said...

very pretty card Barb.

Cat Craig said...

Beautiful card Barb, wonderful fall feel.

Anita in France said...

So beautiful, Barb ... gorgeous sponged background to those sweet heart petals ... such a stunner! Anita :)

Kay Miller said...

Oh what a gorgeous card Barb! I love the negative die and the beautiful blending underneath! Very striking effect! Glad you're enjoying your Copic class. I thought long and hard about taking that class too, but decided against it as we're leaving for vacation soon. I will look forward to seeing what all you do with it! ((Hugs))

cm said...

So incredibly pretty; you heart blooms are making my heart pitter-patter, so delightful they are with their pretty sponged background. The bold sentiment, the bits of sparkle...winning combination!
~c

Greta said...

Wowzer--what a fabulous card, Barb! Love what you did here!

Deepti said...

Soooooooo amazing :)