Sunday, September 28, 2014

Thanks Bunches

Hello again! A quick post with 2 cards I created for a few challenges.
This week's Guest Designer and creator of the inspiration card for the Muse Card Challenge is the AMAZING Anita Bowden, and when I saw her gorgeous card, I couldn't resist playing along! Here is her card:


Anita's card really spoke to me, so I decided to use the same color combo, although a much darker shade of blue. Here is my card:



I've had this Wplus9 Spring Blooms stamp set for a while, and finally opened up the package! I stamped the flowers with SU Marina Mist, the centers with HA Soft Sky, and the leaves with PTI Soft Stone. The die cut sentiment is from Paper Smooches Quote Tag, and the stamped sentiment is from Fresh Squeezed Stamps. I used Studio Calico blue vellum for the stamped sentiment and mounted the panel on to Soft Stone cardstock. Here's a close up of these pretty flowers:



I would also like to enter this card at the Die Cut Diva's Challenge. We are being asked to try something new, or as in my case to use a new stamp set!
 
_______________________________________________________________

My second card is for the Time Out Challenge. The theme is stamping with an optional twist of using an apple! Here is my card:
 

So, for this card, I die cut the apple on the center of the card, stamped it, added glossy accents and inlaid it into the aperture. I stamped the sentiment, and die cut the white panel and card base with Mama Elephant Femme Frames. 

That's it for me today...Thanks so much for stopping by!
Barb 









27 comments:

Julie B said...

You must have been posing at the same time as I was!
Lovely take on Anita's Muse card. :)

Sarah G said...

Love what you did with Anita's inspiration card, Barb! Those WPlus9 flowers look great. So glad that you could play along with us at Time Out too - love the glossy apple and the sentiment is just perfect :)

Betty said...

both are wonderful cards, Barb - but love love the blue one - and i like it even better than the inspiration card 'cause of the blues that you used - really effective and made the design really stand out!!

Neets B said...

Thanks so much for interpreting my card so beautifully. I love the deep blue and those chunky sentiments. And your juicy glossy apple looks fab too. Hugs x

Erika said...

I love the Soft Stone background - it adds a subtle effect and makes your flowers stand out. Very nice!

Karen M said...

Two gorgeous cards Barb - your flowers are so pretty and I love the cute apple xx

Rosemary said...

oh that apple card is just so sweet, barb! love your take on the muse inspiration card, too!

Barb said...

Great cards, Barb! Love your gorgeous take on the inspiration card and that apple is adorable! ♥

Ardyth said...

Love the drama of the darker blue! So glad you joined us at Muse this week!

Jacquie Southas said...

Love the deeper colors on the Muse card :)

Kylie said...

two amazing cards, Barb. Love the combination of colours on the first and the glossy apple on the second looks good enough to eat!! xx

sandie said...

I am with Kylie here,want to eat that apple! And love the pun and obviously the CAS design is perfect! The blue is so dramatic in your first card and it is a great take on Anita's card. Great to see you at TIME OUT Challenges x

Shona Chambers said...

That apple caught my eye straight away with all its shine and glossiness! I love that sentiment and I'm surprised I haven't ever seen it anywhere else, so glad you used it. And I'm so happy you were able to join us at TIME OUT and hope you come back again soon!

Dawn T said...

both cards are lovely. Your first blue one would be ideal for our Challenge at Die Cut Divas. -use a die cut and something new... would love if you entered.

*Vicki* said...

WOW!! These are ALL fabulous designs!! Love the pretty blues with the die cut wording and your apple card is so sweet and simply cute! :) Hugs & Smiles - *Vicki*
My Blog: Stamp Smiles

alexandra s.m. said...

I love your cards Barb!
Thank You~

Anita in France said...

You take on the Muse card is gorgeous, Barb ... the bold colours are fabulous! Your juicy, shiny, luscious apple is mouthwatering ... and so perfectly framed! So pleased you played along with us at Time Out! Anita :)

Nonni said...

Oh I LOVE this! Such a cute CAS design! The pierced edges add a lot of impact and I love the design in general. Thanks for taking TIME OUT and joining our challenge!

lostinpaper said...

You really have been busy! Both these cards look so beautiful, that glossy apple looks good enough to eat lol.

wienerhoneymooners said...

Love this card!!! I sure hope that you join me as my Guest Premiere at MUSE!! Would be overjoyed!!!!

Joyce said...

Both cards are so fabulous. I love those bold and beautiful flowers on your first card, and the shiny apple is such a dramatic focal point on your second card.

Loll said...

Two fabulous cards Barb. Love your pretty circle of blooms ... and the glittery apple is so pretty! Loll xx

cm said...

Another duo of delights, Barb! Your first is a lovely take on the MUSE card, and the second is pure delicious with that gorgeous apple! Soooo pretty, both!
~c

wienerhoneymooners said...

Yay, I am shameless in asking my friends to play along, totally shameless!!!!!

Arlene said...

Beautiful cards. The first card fits the Die Cut Divas' challenge perfectly. Lovely The apple card is a hit with the bright red apple in the middle of the sentiment and framing.

So glad you could join us at Die Cut Divas.

Anonymous said...

Great CAS cards! Love them both! Thank you for joining us over at the Time Out Challenge.

Kay Miller said...

Oh that is a really cute sketch!! Loving what you did with it! I love what you did with Spring Blossoms and those die sentiments are fabulous! The little CAS apple card is darling! Sometimes something so simple is just so striking!! (( Hugs))