Friday, September 5, 2014

Thinking of You, Marie

Hello everyone...Today I have a card and a tag to share with you.

For this week's challenge at Addicted to Stamps & More, Team B has added a twist to the Anything Goes challenge, which is to include a Get Well or Thinking of You theme for Marie. 

Marie is well known in the blogging community and was one of the original Design Team members at ATSM. Unfortunately she is going through a rough time right now, so I thought I would create a card for her:




I apologize for the somewhat dark photo...we've had overcast skies for the past few days, so it's been hard to get a bright photo. 

Recently, my Blog Friend Betty and I 'RAK'd' each other with some die cuts, and she sent me this lovely Hero Arts Butterfly. I colored it with Copics in shades of coral, die cut the aperture with a Sizzix oval frame and stamped the sentiment. I added a few pearls to the body of the butterfly and a few sequins...and that was it!

My next project is a tag for the Tag You're It Challenge. I wasn't entirely happy with the first tag I created, so when my new Lawn Fawn stamps and dies arrived, I got busy creating a new tag. Here is the inspiration photo with 2 tags created by Donna Mikasa:


And, here is my tag:


Here it is with my new Goodie Bag die cut from Lawn Fawn:



For this tag, I inked the edges of the tag with Unicorn Pigment ink, stamped and die cut the pumpkins and mini leaves, stamped the sentiment and added a bit of twine. I thought it would be fun to create a Goodie Bag to go along with it, so I stamped some of the smaller images in the set, colored them in, and I was finished.

Thank you so much for stopping by...I hope everyone has a really fun weekend!
Barb


20 comments:

Barb said...

Such a pretty card with that big, red butterfly and I adore your tag too, Barb! Love that you created one for autumn, and is that goodie bag ever adorable! Nicely done! ♥

Kay Miller said...

Oooooooh I love your new LF cute as pie projects!! The goodie bag is just darling and I love love the cute little pumpkin tag!! What fun things to give out for Halloween!! The butterfly card is beautiful!! What a lovely butterfly die that is! Happy weekend my friend! ((Hugs))

Betty said...

your butterfly turned out beautifully, Barb - and love the pumpkin tag and goodie bag!

Laura Norris said...

Love them both, Barb!! Perfect take on Donna's tags!!

Dawn T said...

awesome Barb. love those little pumpkins

Rahmat said...

Barb, the bright red butterfly looks very striking against the plain background, truly a very beautiful card!

Marybeth said...

Your little pumpkin tag is adorable! The card for your friend is beautiful ,hope this get better for her. Thanks for joining us at Tag You're It!

Deepti said...

Gorgeous card, love the pop of color with the butterfly and ur pumpkin tag is the best, such a sweet take !

Rosemary said...

super pretty card, barb!! the tag and treat bag are just yummy!!!

sandie said...

Hi Barb, Marie will love this card. The colouring on the butterfly is fabulous. I do love the little cute tag and goodie bag-Halloween already!

Cornelia (fun stamping) said...

Hi Barb - Marie will love your card - this is one gorgeous butterfly! And your tag - adorable - looks like a winner to me! T also want to thank you for playing with us at ATSM. Come back next time, too! Hugs, Cornelia DT

Cat Craig said...

How wonderful of you to send your friend a cheery card. Love that big butterfly. Your LF items are just so cute!

cm said...

Barb, you can easily predict my response to your stunning butterfly card...swooning!! It's absolutely gorgeous and I know Marie will adore, it, as do I. As for your little tag...crushing on that darling little pumpkin patch you've created! Darling tag and treat bag!! Cuteness++++ Another visit = another smiley me!
Hugs~c

Greta said...

Always love your work, Barb, but the tag is one of my favorites!

donna mikasa said...

So happy that you made time for another tag! I love the little pumpkins and leaves and that matching treat bag, too! Thanks again for joining Tag You're It!

Julie B said...

My you have been busy Barb, love the funky pumpkin tag. :)

Leigh Penner said...

Beautiful card & super sweet tag! Great take on Donna's tags!

Marion said...

Gorgeous creations. I particularly love your autumn themed tag! Thanks for joining us at the Tag You're it challenge :)

lostinpaper said...

Your card and tag are fab, LOVE that butterfly! Isn't it frustrating when the sun won't co-operate with our photography lol!

Anonymous said...

Barb please forgive me for the late comment intact I did comment a while back with my IPad but checking back now I see it didn't appear the nuisance of a machine does this often. Thank you so much for taking the time out to make this card and for your kind words they mean so much to me and have cheered me up no end. Love the butterfly they always give me hope, oh and your tags are just fabulous so so pretty.

Marie