Wednesday, September 10, 2014

Virginia's View Challenge

Hi everyone, just a quick post today...

I don't use patterned paper on my cards very often, but I really wanted to play along in Virginia's View Challenge this month. So, I created a rather simple card with a classic design...Here is my card:




I chose PTI's Bitty Box papers in Aqua Mist, and used teal and green felt for the flowers and leaves. I recently bought a package of these sparkly gems, and thought it would look pretty on the blooms. I also added a few tiny sequins from an old SSS monthly card kit, and finished the card with an Avery Elle sentiment. Here's a close up of the sparkle on the gem:



Well, that's it for me today. Thanks so much for stopping by!
Barb



Supplies:
Stamp: Avery Elle - Sentimental Swirls
Ink: Versafine - Onyx Black
Cardstock: Papertrey Ink - Select White
Patterned Papers: Papertrey Ink - Bitty Box Basics
Dies: Papertrey Ink -Beautiful Blooms ll, Turning a New Leaf
Felt: Benzi Design (Etsy) - Teal, Green 
Gem: Kaiser Craft - Sea Breeze Sparklets
Sequins: SSS monthly card kit

18 comments:

cm said...

Barb, you forgot one word in your card's description: simple, classic and STUNNING! The paper paired with the flower...absolutely lovely! Happy sighh...
Hugs~c

Betty said...

really pretty Barb - those are my favorite colors together and nice to see felt being used again - i noticed Dawn M. used it today too.

Sarah G said...

Love this card, Barb - the felt flower really makes it stand out! Like Betty, this is one of my favourite colour combos. I struggle to use patterned paper on my cards so simple is good as far as I am concerned :)

Darnell said...

I don't think a card with an extraordinary flower like that can be called simple, Barb!! It's elegant and rich in those colors and I love the design!! Hugs, Darnell

donna mikasa said...

Classic, and gorgeous! I LOVE using felt and your bloom and card design are both wonderful!

joy said...

Stunningly elegant, Barb! I've yet to see a card of yours I didn't love!!

Cris G. said...

Très chic, Barb. Your flower is stunning and I love that you cut it from felt, what a great contrast with the sparkly gem. Love!

Rosemary said...

oh that felt flower is so pretty, barb... lovely card!

Barb said...

Oh, my! I love this card, Barb! The design really is a classic and the patterned paper you used looks perfect with your gorgeous, felt flower! Nicely done, my friend! ♥

Virginia L. said...

This is so fabulous and perfectly CAS, Barb! Thanks so much for playing Virginia's View Challenge! :)

Dawn T said...

very elegant Barb.

Cat Craig said...

Very pretty, your flower is fab!

Anita in France said...

Wow, so very pretty, Barb ... the sweet bloom is gorgeous! I've just had a lovely time catching up on all your recent cards and tags since I've not been in blogland very much over the last week or so ... such wonderful inspiration! Loved reading your Getting To Know Me post too! Anita :)

Kay Miller said...

Oh it's just lovely Barb! I love to use patterned paper on my cards, but it's hard sometimes to keep the CAS look that I have grown to love with pp. You did a gorgeous job on this! The paper is such a nice tiny patterned and really accentuates that beautiful felt flower!!

Deepti said...

So very elegant !! The blues and aqua amazing :) such a fab way to use patterned paper

Tracey McNeely said...

Pretty felt flower Barb, lovely card. So glad that you joined us at Virginia`s View!

lostinpaper said...

I've been making an effort to dive into my paper stash recently... because then I have an excuse to buy more, right? You also reminded me that I have this gorgeous die and maybe it needs to see some sunlight, as your flower is gorgeous!

~amy~ said...

This is gorgeous, love that bloom!
Thanks for joining us at Virginia's View Challenge!