Saturday, February 28, 2015

Addicted to CAS Challenge - Distress




Hello again,
It's time for another challenge at Addicted to CAS challenge blog, and our code word is 'Distress'. Kylie is our hostess, and our sponsor for this challenge is Uniko Studios! The winner will receive a £15 E-Gift Certificate, so I hope you'll put on your thinking caps and join us this week. Also, we are thrilled to have Ellen as our guest designer sharing her beautiful CAS cards with us again this week.  

Here is my card:




I found it challenging to incorporate distressing on my cards, so I thought it would be fun to grab my Tim Holtz distress inks to stamp my images, and colored them in using my water brush. I added some Wink of Stella for sparkle and die cut the front panel with Lil Inker's Stitched Rectangle Frame.

I hope you have a chance to stop by the Addicted to CAS blog and check out all of the inspiration from my team mates, and play along with us!

Thanks for stopping by,








19 comments:

lostinpaper said...

Such a beautiful CAS design Barb, the added sparkle is perfect!

Barb said...

Such a charming card, Barb! I love your beautiful water coloring and the sparkly water in the vase is so fun!

Deepti said...

This is so pretty , love the sparkle on water !

Cat Craig said...

Beautifully colored, and the distress markers with the water coloring really give an artsy feel.

Bonnie said...

I have been admiring this sunflower, Barb! Wonderful job of coloring it!

Vicki Dutcher said...

SWEET coloring and card! Just gorgeous

Rosemary said...

lovely card, barb... love the sparkly vase!

Tracey McNeely said...

Love your card Bar and I especially love the sparkly water in the vase! Your distress marker colouring is fabulous!

Harriet Skelly said...

Oh I love this card Barb - your watercoloring with the distress inks is so beautiful!!

Greta said...

Beautiful card--love the water in the vase!

Anita in France said...

So very pretty, Barb ... that shimmery water is brilliant! Anita :)

Loll said...

This is so pretty Barb. LOVE the soft watercolouring of your beautiful sunflower. And the sparkle in the water is so pretty too!! Loll xx

Joyce said...

That water looks so realistic, and your card is so very pretty. What a great challenge this week. I look forward to playing along--I love my Distress inks.

cm said...

Such a lovely water-coloured flower and vase...clean, fresh, pretty and just all-around smile-and-happy making! You realize that you're giving me incentive to bring out my DIs again and attempt a reconciliation, don't you ? *grin* Awesome card...
Hugs~c

Hannelie said...

Sunflowers make me miss home... you made this flower look so lovely Barb!

Sazzle Dazzle said...

Another superb creation Barb - I adore all that glistening water in the vase!
The flower too of course but such a beautiful scene overall. Sarah x

Unknown said...

Such a pretty card and a clever idea!

Kylie said...

You are too clever to be challenged, my friend! What a beauty. Love the extra sparkle too xx

Jaydee said...

Barb, I love your beautifully colored image. It is so soft. CAS perfection
hugs
jaydee