Monday, June 8, 2015

Time Out Challenge; Kathy's 30 Day Coloring Challenge

Hello there blog friends,
I have a card that I will be entering into two (ahem...3) challenges:
- Time Out Challenge - CASE With Your Own Twist
- Kathy's 30 Day Coloring Challenge
And, I just realized I have a few minutes to get my card in for:
- Pretty Pink Posh Watercolor Blog Hop
 
I’m sure you’re familiar with my sweet friend and Super Talented Card Artist, Deepti ...Well, Deepti is being featured at this week's Time Out Challenge, we are being asked to CASE her card: 



I was excited to learn that Deepti recently started designing her own line of stamps with Stamplorations, so I purchased her first set titled Blooming Buds - ‘Dee’s Artsy Impressions’and used this set to create my card:



                                                                                                                                         
Congrats again, Deepti! Your stamps are beautiful, and they are a joy to 'play with'!

I started by embossing the Lawn Fawn jar with Liquid Platinum EP on vellum, then colored it from the back with a Copic  Marker (BG10). I also embossed the flowers and leaves on to water color cardstock and colored them with Inktense Pencils. The curve was created using PTI Sentiment Splits: Curve Vertical Die, and the flowers and leaves were fussy cut. Lastly, I added the sentiment, patterned paper and sequins.



That's it for me today...I hope you are all having a great day ~ Thanks so much for stopping by ~








32 comments:

Rahmat said...

Wow, what a fabulous card Barb, its stunning, and a beautiful case of Deepti's.

sandie said...

Hi Barb, great to see you at TO, your card is a delight. I love you used Deept's stamp and the gold embossing is perfect.

Sazzle Dazzle said...

Wow! Just awesome barb! Love your water colour and so effective set against the black! X

Kylie said...

Stunning card Barb. Love the design. Gorgeous vase! xx

Larissa Heskett said...

OMG OMG OMG!! I LOVE this!! Such a BEAUTIFUL Design and your Water Coloring is AWESOME!! =) THANKS for sharing and have a FABULOUS WEEK!! =)

Dawn T said...

Stunning Barb. What a beautiful card.

D- said...

Thanks for sharing your wonderful card. Your flowers are beautiful.
Crafty hugs,
Dawn
DesignsByDragonfly.blogspot

Bunny said...

You were last, but not the least on the watercolor blog hop. Love the beautiful flowers.

Unknown said...

Just lovely!

Kim Faucher said...

Very pretty!!! The flower is so pretty and I love that vellum jar with the liquid platinum outline!!!

Pin_Addicted said...

Your card is gorgeous :-)

donna mikasa said...

Hi Barb!! Glad you made it "under the wire" and shared this beauty with us! You made Deepti's blooms shine on your card--love the vellum jar, too! Wow!

Bhavana said...

Its a fab card :) the flower is so pretty :)

Kay Miller said...

Wow! Such a pretty card Barb! I know Deepti will be thrilled with how beautifully you showed off her new stamp set! Your watercoloring is wonderful and I love the curve with the striped paper and dark background! ((Hugs))

Deepti said...

Oh my what a beauty! You made my day, it is so delightful to see my stamp being used by you... you made it look so pretty :) I like the place of the bud ! So glad you could play along with TOC

maria f. said...

Liquid platinum on black and vellum! What's not to fall in love with?

Anita in France said...

How gorgeous, Barb ... love the drama of the black paired with the delicate blooms and vellum jar! Delighted to have you playing along with us at Time Out! Anita :)

Nonni said...

This is beautiful! I love the curved edge and your use of vellum. We have just begun with a new challenge at TO: I hope to see you joining in! http://timeoutchallenges.blogspot.fi/2015/06/challenge-33.html

cm said...

So gorgeous, Barb! You've transformed elements from Deepti's card into a lovely creation that's all your own! That flower...oh my! Absolutely stunning!
Hugs~c

Cat Craig said...

Fabulous Again Barb. I love the contrast the black gives your cards, so pretty.

lostinpaper said...

Beautiful take on Deepti's card Barb, the curved cut on the patterned paper is a great idea!

ThePurplePlace said...

TWO awesome cards....! I wish I felt better so I could create..today is NOT good! But, I know it will be better soon! :)

Gerrina said...

What a super idea to use the vellum for the jar! Your card looks so warm and the flower is so beautiful! Thank you for taking the TIME OUT and join us!

Lucinde | Lucilight said...

Beautiful card, very elegant :)

Migdalia said...

GORGEOUS card!!
Have a wonderful day,
Migdalia
Crafting With Creative M

Shona Chambers said...

Hi Barb, I think this is my 4th attempt to comment on this gorgeous card and each time the internet has crashed, so fingers crossed this one makes it thru!! I think your card is incredible, the colours, the design, everything about it is amazing. Love the colours you painted Deepti's flowers and your vellum jar is so cool. An absolute winner in my book. And better thank you for joining us at TIME OUT too!!!!

sandie said...

Congrats on winning at TO Barb...see blog for details xx

Anita in France said...

Congratulations on your top spot at Time Out, Barb ... look forward to having you as our GD soon! Anita :)

Cindy C. said...

What a beautiful CASE Barb!! Congrats on your top spot at Time Out!!

Cornelia (fun stamping) said...

You are rocking those challenges lately - stunning card and big congrats on your win at JUGS!!!!

Darnell said...

Congratulations on the well-deserved recognition from TIME OUT, Barb! Your card is truly a winner!! Hugs, Darnell

Kathy said...

Your card is lovely. Love all your soft details.Thank you so much for participating in The 30 Day Coloring Challenge and I hope you will be up for the next one.
Kathy/The Daily Marker