Saturday, October 14, 2017

Addicted to CAS Challenge #122 - Pumpkins


Hi there blog friends,
It's time for a new challenge at Addicted to CAS and just in time for autumn, our theme is 'Pumpkins'! Here is my card:


I wanted to add texture to this card so I used texture paste with the diagonal stripes stencil and Peerless watercolors for the pumpkins. Thank heaven I was finished working on the pumpkins because right afterward I spilled a cup of water onto the yellow/orange/red Peerless swatches...YIKES ~ What a mess!
Anyway, all are welcome to join us over at ATCAS and don't forget we always have a lovely prize for the winner...this time it's a GC from Create a Smile Stamps ~ Hope to see you there!

Have a great weekend ~ Thanks so much for stopping by,






Supplies:
Stamps: PTI - Spooky Smiles (Sentiment)
Dies: SSS - Stitched Pumpkins; MFT - Blueprints 15 (Stitched Border)
Stencil: SSS Diagonal Stripes
Watercolors: Peerless
Gems: PTI - Rainstones

14 comments:

Anita in France said...

The glow of these fabulous pumpkins is brilliant against the crisp, texture-y white, Barb ... such a delicious CAS card! Peerless and spilt water ... oh my, I can imagine the chaos ... hope the colours are still usable after their dousing! Bon weekend! Hugs, Anita :)

Betty said...

wonderful CAS card, Barb - the striped background is perfect with the pumpkins - can you still use the swatches??? hope so!

Jaydee said...

Fabulous CAS card, Barb and your vertical element in the background was a genius idea. It adds lovely texture without distracting from those wonderful pumpkins. So glad you had finished your card before you spilled the water on the swatches! I hope they are still usable......
hugs
jaydee

Karren said...

The stenciled background is perfect for these pumpkins and grounds them beautifully. I'm sorry for the spilt water and I hope the watercolors were salvageable.

I Card Everyone said...

Barb, I worry about spilling my coffee all the time! So glad you didn't spoil this darling little creation!
LOve your pumpkins, and that diagonal bit of texture is so smart! xx
=]

Misty Elam said...

Oooh, I love the diagonal stripes!! Very nice card

lostinpaper said...

Fabulous Barb, love the subtle stripes in the background!

Cat Craig said...

Those stripes are alovely soft background for your beautifully colored pumpkins.

Susan said...

Your bright pumpkins really pop on the simple white background. Just perfect!

Bobby said...

I love the added texture of the embossing paste, Barb. Your painted pumpkins have a lovely glow to them. I solved the spill problem by getting a cup with a closing top. You know, an adult sippy cup. ;)

Unknown said...

Perfect CAS card Barb. Love the layout... your pumpkin card totally works. x Carolyn

Loll said...

Wonderful texture from your striped embossing paste background, Barb. Your pumpkins are so beautifully coloured! Gosh, I can just imagine the mess with water hitting peerless swatches ... they are SO FULL on w/c paint! xx

Ellenor said...

This is a PERFECT CAS card! I love it! So clean and sweet.

Ellenor

cm said...

So glad the spilled coffee missed your fabulous pumpkins card! So pretty with their variations in highlights and shadows; the texture paste background is lovely!
Hugs~c