Monday, April 16, 2018

April Twofer Challenge - Pets


Hi there! I'm back to share two cards I created for Darnell's really fun 'Twofer Challenge'! For this challenge, we are asked to create two different designs for two different occasions using the same stamps and/or dies. My first card:


This is an NBUS (Darnell speak) stamp and die set which is reminiscent of the turtle my children had when they were young. I thought it would be fun to showcase him walking ever-so-slowly uphill saying thank you to a dear friend :)
I used a retired grassy border die, a mini cloud stencil and kept the colors to a minimum.

My 2nd card was created to provide encouragement a family member going through a rough time right now...


For this card, I used the drifts/hills stencil for the grass and thought it would be fun to use a rainbow of colors for the turtle. 
And, here they are together ~


We all have until the 24th to join in...so pop on over to Darnell's Challenge Blog and check it out! Her DT is really amazing, so there is a lot of wonderful inspiration!


Thanks so much for stopping by,






Supplies:
Card #1
Stamps: MFT - Too Cute Turtles, More Essential Sentiments
Dies: MFT - Too Cute Turtles, Grassy Border
Inks: Memento - Tuxedo Black; Distress Inks - Twisted Citron, Mowed Lawn, Tumbled Glass; Versafine Onyx Black
Misc: Copic markers; MFT - Mini Cloud stencil

Card #2
Stamps: MFT - Too Cute Turtles
Dies: MFT - Too Cute Turtles, Stitched Clouds, Blueprints 15
Inks: Memento - Tuxedo Black; Distress Inks - Twisted Citron, Salty Ocean; Versafine Onyx Black
Misc: MFT - Drifts/Hills stencil

19 comments:

Loll said...

Two adorable cards Barb!! Love that sweet turtle. How cute having him climbing up the grassy hill. Great spring scene with the butterfly and beautiful blue sky. And the second card is awesome with the rainbow colours. He definitely will add some cheer! Great designs Barb. Thanks for sharing with us at Twofer Card Challenge! xx

Betty said...

that turtle is so cute! two darling cards - whoever receives them will certainly smile!!

cm said...

Barb, your Turtle Twofers are absolutely adorable! This set recently joined my collection and I'm having one challenging time using copics to colour them - my blends are just not cooperating (one very happy recycle bin!). Do you mind letting me know what greens your used for your darling turtle bodies, please and thank you!
hugs~c

Darnell said...

I feel like your adorable turtle really MEANS those wonderful sediments, Barb! You have managed to give him such a terrific personality with your scenes and your fabulous coloring! As always, each design is impeccably made and sweet as can be! Thank you so much for playing at Twofer Card Challenge #4! Hugs, Darnell

Cat Craig said...

Darling lil turtle Barb, and I can totally see him being a sweet pet! Lovely cards.

jintyoo7 said...

What a adorable cards Babe, that turtle is so sweet. LOVE the clouds :-)

Susanne Vargas said...

Your turtle is super cute walking up the grassy hill as well as all decked out in rainbow colors with it's friend the little birdy! What a sweet encouragement card!
Thank you for joining us at the Twofer!

I Card Everyone said...

Turtle-y adorable twosome, Barb! LOve the rainbow shell - what a darling idea!
=]

Anita in France said...

Oh Barb, how adorable are these little turtles ... they're set in such sweet scenes, both so beautifully detailed! He really does look as though he's slowly climbing that hill on the first ... and I do love the rainbow shell on the second ... so cute! Thanks so much for playing along with us at Twofer! Hugs, Anita :)

Bonnie said...

This sweet rainbow turtle is so appropriate for both sentiments, Barb! Adorable and fun!

Bobby said...

I've always loved turtles and these two are so cute, Barb, especially the one with the rainbow shell. That will be sure to cheer up anybody.

lostinpaper said...

ooh, who wouldn't love a rainbow shell!!

Dawn T said...

too cute Barb. Two beautiful cards.

Shelly said...

These are so sweet!

TK said...

What fun cards -- love that the turtle and butterfly are color coordinated, and your sentiments work so wonderfully with your scenes!

Kara Lynne said...

Eeep! I didn't know I needed that turtle! THANKS, BARB! I couldn't get more giddy about these two scenic cards! I love the dies and stencil variations. Thanks for joining in the fun with us at the Twofer Card Challenge!

Cornelia (fun stamping) said...

Such darling little Turtles - especially the rainbow one - so sweet!

Karren said...

These turtles are adorable and so are the cards you've put them on! I so want to join in with this challenge but time and an irrational fear of making two cards with the same stamp at the same time is stopping me😀

Linda W. (ScrappinBari) said...

Darling turtle cards, Barb! Just love all the fun colors!! Reminds me of a turtle we had when I was growing up!