Saturday, June 23, 2018

Addicted to CAS Challenge #139 - Girl Power


Hello again, blog friends! It's time for a new challenge at Addicted to CAS, and this time we've got some 'Girl Power'! I love to bake, so when I saw these Ellen Hutson 'Baker Lady' stamps, I had to have them :)


A little Copic coloring and some sparkle for the chocolate icing, and this CAS card was finished! Of course, I was dying to stamp some confetti and a few balloons, but they would take up all of my white space...next time, right?

We have a super talented Guest Designer for this challenge ~ Cindy Chiu from Escape to Stamping, and as always, Happy Little Stampers is awarding a $20.00 GC to the winner! So, if you would like to show off your Girl Power, we would love to see it in our gallery!

Have a great weekend ~ Thanks so much for stopping by,






Supplies
Stamps: Essentials by Ellen - Leading Ladies - Baker Lady
Misc: Copic Markers; Spectrum Noir

12 comments:

Cat Craig said...

Your baker Lady looks positively proud of that amazing cake - and she should. Now I am craving some chocolate icing!

Betty said...

your baker lady is darling and the cake looks delicious - agree about the balloons but am sure it was tempting!

Doni High said...

Hi Barb! ....so cute. Love the CAS layout (the way she is off the bottom edge). And the cake looks yummy! :)

I Card Everyone said...

BARB!!!! that Baker Lady was just waiting for you to love her - you've shown her such beautiful details, and shading, my friend! It's funny... I totally see confetti in my head! and maybe a few balloons just floated by... xx
=]

Karren said...

Oh this is fabulous and such a great way to depict Girl Power! Love this card, Barb!

Cindy C. said...

Fabulous card indeed! Love that sentiment!

lostinpaper said...

Love how you have used this leading lady, what a great CAS and really pretty design Barb!

Stephanie Lanzalotto said...

I love this, Barb. Baking talent certainly is a super-power. I grew up in a long line of amazing bakers who could cure any ill with a bowl, spoon, butter, eggs, flour and sugar. I did not inherit that gene, but I can cook with the best of them. I love the way you positioned the images and sentiment in the bottom half of the card. Your coloring is stellar, as always. Love the sparkly icing and chocolate sentiment. Your card is just delicious!

Tracey McNeely said...

Barb the sparkly frosting on the cake looks fantastic! Baker Lady is always so fun!

Anita in France said...

Ta-dah! Barb, I love how you've placed this beautifully coloured Baker Lady to have her presenting her scrumptious looking cake with that shimmery topping ... she really does deserve that ta-dah! Hugs, Anita :)

Bobby said...

Beautifully colored, Barb, and that sparkle is the perfect final touch.

Jaydee said...

Barb, I love that you restrained yourself and didn't fill up the white space... but I know how you felt :-) However, all that wonderful white space does allow your beautifully colored image to take center stage and the shimmery toppings is really the perfect finishing touch!
hugs
jaydee