Saturday, July 21, 2018

Addicted to CAS Challenge #141 - Summertime


Hello again, blog friends! It's time for a new challenge at Addicted to CAS, and this time our code word is 'Summertime'!



I started by stenciling the waves with Salty Ocean, then went over the entire panel with Tumbled Glass. All of the elements were colored with Copic markers with a little sparkle on the flowers and Glossy Accents on the glass.

I also added a few tiny water drops with Glossy Accents...here is a close-up:



We have a super talented Guest Designer for this challenge ~ Gerrina, and as always, Happy Little Stampers is awarding a $20.00 GC to the winner! If you would like to play along, pull out your favorite summertime stamps and dies and submit your card to our gallery

Have a great weekend ~ 

Thanks so much for stopping by,






Supplies:
Stamps & Dies: MFT - Penguins in Paradise
Stencil: SSS Waves Stencil
Misc: Copic Markers; Glossy Accents; Wink of Stella - Clear Sparkle Pen



12 comments:

Joyce said...

Fantastic card for summer. I love your blended waves and that adorable penguin with his cocktail.

Stephanie Lanzalotto said...

This is absolutely wonderful, Barb. I love your little penguin with his refreshing cocktail... complete with flower and unbrella. A aplm tree and hibiscus, and he is good to go for a beautiful summer day.

Gerrina said...

Such a fun and sunny card! Love the shape you used for the background! Thanks for having me as Guest Designer at ATCAS! Enjoy summer!

Cindy C. said...

Super cute card Barb! A fun scene!!

Karren said...

This is super-cute! I love these penguins and they make me smile whenever I see them! I love the arch design you've used as well - so clever and gives such an interesting look.

Anita in France said...

I could do with a desert island just like this cute little penguin has, Barb ... warm ocean waves, tropical palms, long cool drink in wing (or hand!) ... brilliantly detailed and just lovely! Hugs, Anita :)

Doni High said...

Hi Barb! Totally cool card! Love the water drops, glad you did a close up, I would have missed that.

Cat Craig said...

Darling card and I love that your aperture is almost igloo shaped. Nice juxtaposition.

Loll said...

This is so darn cute, Barb! :) Awesome summertime scene! xx

Ellenor said...

This card is so cool! I love this stamp set and I'm using it a lot right now :) Your card is a perfect summer card, love it!

Ellenor

lostinpaper said...

I've just been in the north of Australia which is like Summer all year round so this is the perfect card to celebrate that I am returning home, especially because there is a drink with an umbrella and we all know how great those are lol!

Bobby said...

A tropical isle with a tropical drink. What could be better in the summertime? So cute, Barb.