Sunday, August 19, 2018

CASology Challenge - Sports



Hi there ~ I haven't played along with the CASology Challenge lately, so when I saw their latest cue card I made sure I took the time to create a card.



Since I don't have any sports-related stamps, I went shopping in the Silhouette Store and found this cute little gymnast. I started with a stitched panel, then blended Tumbled Glass ink for the background. I used black textured cardstock for the image and gold embossing powder for the stars (so sorry for the glare).

Thanks so much for stopping by,






Supplies:
Stamps: MFT - More essential sentiments
Dies: Silhouette Store - Balance Beam Gymnast (#16477); MFT - Stitched Rectangle STAX
Ink: Tim Holtz Distress Ink - Tumbled Glass; Versafine - Onyx Black; Versamark
Misc: Altenew - Rose Gold Embossing Powder

19 comments:

Joyce said...

Love the classy simplicity of this card, Barb. such a fantastic silhouette image, and I love your hint of color in the sponged background.

Anita in France said...

Such a lovely soft halo of colour around this fabulous silhouette gymnast, Barb ... the plume of embossed stars is wonderfully magical and adds beautifully to the celebratory feel! Takes me back a few years!! Hugs, Anita :)

I Card Everyone said...

Oh Barb! The movement you've achieved with those stars is outstanding! What a beautiful sport that is, right? Gorgeous card, my friend! xx
=]

Nora Noll said...

WOW!! This is amazing1! The movement is just stunning!! The addition of the stars really makes this design!!

Cat Craig said...

Lovely elegant card Barb.

BożenA said...

WOW! I love this project. I love how the stars spill out of the gymnast's hand. An amazing card!
Hugs,
BożenA

aussie aNNie said...

Brilliant card, can't go past the silhouette store for goodies, always there looking...lovely one chosen too.x

Dawn T said...

Great card Barb. Beautifully done

Barb Ghig said...

testing blogger

Jen W. said...

Barb, this rocks! I love watching gymnastics on tv. I did it for a bit as a kid - wasn't that great at it but I had fun. :) I love the soft blue in the background and the stars are such a gorgeous detail. Thanks for playing along with CASology this week!

Anna Uhras said...

Wow! Barb!! This is awesome!! CAS perfection! Love it! Thanks so much for sharing this with us at CASology! Anna xo

Karren said...

Oh wow! This is gorgeous, Barb! Such a great, graphic image taking center stage on your card.

Jacquie Southas said...

Simply perfect, Barb! Love the star detail. Thanks for sharing with us at CASology!

Rachel Bergfeld said...

I love the addition of the stars! This is gorgeous! Thanks so much for playing along with CASology!

Anonymous said...

I adore this card. The embossed gold stars are a perfect touch. Thanks for playing along with us at CASology.

Melissa said...

Oh my! Barb, this is a breathtaking design! I love how you used a simple silhouette to create such a stunning card!
Thanks so much for playing along with us again over at CASology! :)

lostinpaper said...

Pure elegance and pure balance!

Marina said...

Beautiful and elegant.

JoAnn said...

Love your card with the gymnast and the star cascade. Lovely CAS card.
Thanks for stopping by my blogging and leaving your sweet comment.