Sunday, November 10, 2013

Noel

Hi there blog friends!
I have another Christmas card to share for the 2013 Caring Hearts Card Drive  and I am also entering this card into the following challenges:
Addicted to Stamps and More Challenge - 'Photo Inspiration’

Clearly Besotted Challenge - ‘Christmas'
CAS-ual Friday’s Challenge  - CFC 119 ‘Embossing’
Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge 
- ‘Keep it Clean and Simple’



I wanted some sparkle on the poinsettia leaves, so I used my Spica glitter pen. I think it’s still hard to see, but it looks pretty IRL.  Here is a close up:
Well, that’s it for me. The 2013 Holiday Card Workshop starts tomorrow, so I'm off to finish one more card and clean up my craft room so I'll be ready. I hope to see you all there, it's always such a fun class! Have a great day ~ Thanks so much for stopping by!
Barb


Supplies:
Stamps: Clearly Besotted - Pretty Poinsettia
Ink: Versamark; Tim Holtz Distress Ink - Tumbled Glass
Cardstock: Papertrey Ink - Stamper’s Select White, Vellum
Dies: Clearly Besotted - Pretty Poinsettia; Spellbinders - Standard Squares; PTI - Turning a New Leaf
Embossing Powder: Hero Arts - White, Silver
Gems: The Robin’s Nest - Clear; Silver Sequins - Stash
Pen: Spica - Glitter Pen



20 comments:

Cat Craig said...

I am so glad you posted a close up of the poinsettia, it is beautiful. Love those clear baubles in the center. It is just lovely in white, so calming. Like the stillness after a winter snow.

joy said...

Gorgeous card, Barb! Love that glittery poinsettia!

wienerhoneymooners said...

That is gorgeous, I most definitely agree!!! I LOVE that I posted you in my HOT BLOG list and can see when you update and pop over!! I followed you on Flickr too!!
Your creations are Awesome Barb!

Deborah Frings said...

This is simply fabulous! I really like the vellum poinsettia, the embossed leaves and the simple sentiment. Great take on the photo inspiration. Thanks so much for playing along with ASM this week!

Barb said...

Gorgeous card, Barb! LOVE your stunning poinsettia!

See you in class tomorrow! :)

Unknown said...

Such beautiful embossing! Stunning card!

Gerrina said...

Love your card! The poinsetta looks so real and fine glittering...

sandie said...

stunning embossing and love all the shine. Thanks for joining us at ATSM

Michelle Short said...

Beautiful card Barb, I love how you have done the poinsettia especially. Thanks so much for playing along with us at the Clearly Besotted Challenge too xx

Anonymous said...

Beautiful embossing Barb, and such a cool layout for a card - love how the poinsettia is anchored on the bottom of that frame. Thanks for playing along with us at CAS-ual Fridays ;-)

lostinpaper said...

Stunning flower Barb!

Jean said...

Stunning is right! Wonderful elements.

Savannah O'Gwynn said...

OHHHHHHH Barb! Look at that gorgeous poinsettia! WOWZA! LOVE the embossing and the CAS design! BEAUTIFUL x10000!

ps...thanks for leaving so many comments on my blog while I was away for the past..... FOREVER.... ok just week:) You've made my day! You are the BESTEST!! THANK YOU x100000000 <3

Kay Miller said...

Oh my goodness!! This is stunning Barb!! That vellum flower is just gorgeous and I love the white on white!! So classy and lovely!!

Karen Dunbrook said...

gorgeous card...

Sarah G said...

Another gorgeous card - I have just been playing with my poinsettias from clearly besotted but your vellum poinsettia is perfection! Great CAS design!

Rosemary said...

beautiful card, barb... the vellum poinsettia is stunning!

Amy Kolling said...

Barb! This is such a beauty! That CB poinsettia is just gorgeous done up this way! Thank soo much for playing alonng with CAS-ual Fridays! :)

Deepti Stephens said...

This is beautiful! Thank you so much for joining us at ATSM. Good luck.. :)

Stephanie said...

Wow! Absolutely stunning card, Barb! x Thank you so very much for joining the CLearly Besotted Challenge :)