Monday, April 14, 2014

Mama Elephant Challenge

 Hi everyone ~ For the month of April, the theme for the Mama Elephant Challenge is a photo inspiration, and the prize is a spot on the ME Challenge Team for a 6 month term! I’ve never tried out for a DT spot before, but I decided to give it a try (gotta be in it to win it, right?). So, I created several cards and a tag, and instead of listing all of my products at the end of this post, I have added a brief description below each photo. If you have any questions, please feel free to leave me a note, and I'll get right back to you. All of the products I used can be found in the Mama Elephant Online Store

I created a total of eight cards...here is my first card:



For this card, I used the stamps and dies from the ‘Sunny Skies’ set, and used the Rock n’ Roll technique on the balloon (the left side is aqua, and the right side is one shade darker). I also die cut the ‘Landscape Trio’dies in vellum and the ‘Confetti’ dies with foiled cardstock. 



For this card I masked and stamped the mums from the ‘Lovely Mums' set, also using the Rock n’ Roll technique after die cutting the front panel and card base with ‘Femme Frames’. I stamped the sentiment in brown to acknowledge the dropper in the small bottle and cork in the large one. 



For this card, I stamped the cityscape from the ‘Central Park’ set twice - once in light gray, and again in black. I stamped the sentiment, added the clouds from my ‘Landscape Trio’ set in vellum, a few stars from the ‘Confetti’ dies, and the cute little yellow taxi...after all, the taxi cabs in NYC are yellow! 





On this 5x5 card, I stamped the cloud background in Soft Pool ink from ‘Sunny Skies’, then created a focal point with the sun rays, the bunny from ‘Up and Away’, vellum clouds from ‘Landscape Trio’ die set and vellum stars from the 'Confetti dies'. I stamped the sentiment on the ‘Bold Banner’ die cut. I also added Wink of Stella Clear glitter pen to the stars, rays and the bunny’s tummy. Lastly, I used Liquid Applique for his tail.



I love the little chick in the ‘Just Hatched’ stamp and die set, so I created this tag for an Easter gift. I die cut 2 ‘Embellished Tags’ and the polka dot eggs. I stamped the chick and colored him in with Copic markers; I also stamped 2 pieces of the cracked egg and added Wink of Stella clear glitter for sparkle and then stamped my sentiment. Twine is called Caribbean Stripe from the Twinery. 



I really love this ‘Water Blooms’ stamp set, so with the inspiration photo in mind, I created this card using the color palette. I found an old bottle of Diamond Glaze in the bottom of my adhesive drawer, so I added a drop of it to the center of each flower as a nod to all the clear sparkle in the photo. I stamped the sentiment in Versafine Onyx Black ink and popped the panel onto a white card base with pop dots...and that was it!





Who could resist these adorable Love Birds from the ‘Love Quotes’ Stamp and Die set? Not me! The first thing I did was to create a small pattern with my Diagonal Stripe stencil from SSS inked with Peacock Feathers and Picked Raspberry. Then, I stamped and die cut the love birds (colored with Copics) and embossed the cute speech bubble. The sentiment and frame were heat  embossed with Hero Arts white EP, and the ‘Dainty Bow’ was die cut with Aqua Mist felt from PTI. I popped up a glitter heart from the Confetti dies.
***Since I used a stencil on this card, I would also like to enter it in this month’s challenge at Virginia’s View



So, if you’re still with me...Thank you for being a true friend! This is my last card combining ‘So Breezy’ and ‘Party Kit’. I die cut the front panel with ‘Femme Frames’, colored in the sentiment with Copic markers and added Wink of Stella clear glitter pen to the balloons for some shimmer.




 
Well, that’s it for me today...Thank you so much for stopping by...I appreciate your patience and of course your sweet comments very much!

23 comments:

Virginia L. said...

Wow, what a CARD FEAST that you are hosting, Barb I love each and every one of them. They are created with lots of love and thoughts! Your card with the stenciled background is darling! Love the pink and blue with the sweet images! SUPERB entries all around. Thanks so much for playing Virginia's View Challenge!

Barb said...

Holy moly, girl - you are amazing! Each one of these creations is beautiful! Wishing you the best of luck in making the design team - I'd choose ya in a split second if it was up to me! ♥

lostinpaper said...

These are all magnificent Barb, you really know how to make this stamp company shine!

Sarah G said...

Wow, what a treat! LOVE all of these designs, Barb - you have definitely rocked these Mama Elephant stamps :). Love your CAS style and this is a great showcase of your versatility. Good luck on winning a DT spot....I will keep everything crossed :)

Dawn T said...

Good luck Barb. You've made some totally awesome cards. I must get myself some Mama Elephant stamps - your cards make me want them all!

Jean said...

Wow Barb! You've been busy! Each of the creations are fabulous!

Kristie Goulet said...

What an awesome line up of cards here, Barb! I need these adorable bunnies from Mama Elephant!

jintyoo7 said...

Wow, Barb - "card making ninja"! What a terrific haul of beautiful cards!

Darnell said...

Oh, Barb, I wish I had a say in the matter, because the DT would be so incredibly lucky to have you on board!! EACH AND EVERY one of these cards is sensational!! I really loved that Easter tag card, but only by a smidge over all the other great creations! Well done and good luck, my friend!! You did a beautiful job promoting these adorable images! Hugs, Darnell

wienerhoneymooners said...

Wow, amazing parade of amazing mess!!! I love all of their stamps!!! These are so wonderful!!

Tracey McNeely said...

Oh Barb what an awesome collection of cards! I have my fingers crossed for you, you would be an amazing asset to the team--good luck!

Rosemary said...

each card is absolutely amazing, barb!! love the variety... everything from cute to elegant! good luck with the challenge!!

Christiana said...

You did amazing! Oh my gosh! I love every last one of them. You showcased such a variety and a simple elegance that really made the stamped images shine. LOVE THEM! If you twisted my arm to pick a favorite, I would say number seven with the little birdies from Love Quotes. Love the stenciling behind the speech bubble. So darn cute! But they all are so pretty. Awesome job, Barb!

Deepti said...

Oh my goodness!! I was not knowing that I was coming in for this card treat :) every single card is awesome. I love thos cards the most where u have created the sweet scenes. I wonder why did u not try to a DT spot, you should, you are so inspiring. Good luck !!

Kailash said...

Wow Barb, such a beautiful collection of cards. Each one is designed with so much thought and effort. Wishing you all the luck for that DT spot:-)

Joni Andaya said...

WOW...What a show? Gorgeous creations Barb :) I wish you all the best!!!

Emily Leiphart said...

Oh my, Barb! Love all eight of your projects! It's hard to choose a favourite but I'm going to say I love that last one the best!

Unknown said...

Awesome cards, Barb! You've been busy! Love them all!

Anita in France said...

My goodness, Barb ... each card is amazing and lovely ... it's hard to pick a favorite as they're all so fabulous, but the water blooms one just leapt out as being so utterly gorgeous and stunning! Good luck with the DT ... they'd be lucky to have you! Anita :)

Kay Miller said...

Oh my goodness Barb! You are on a roll now! These are all just wonderful in their own delightful ways! It is very hard to say which one I love the best, but those two little love birds have stolen my heart! So very cute!!

ThePurplePlace said...

Wow!!!!! You did a fantastic job on each and every card! I hope very much that you are chosen to be part of their new DT. There is not doubt in my mind that you would be an excellent addition to Mama Elephant. I also think their stamps are wonderful and have recently starting adding more and more to my craft stash.

My very best wishes to you for lots of luck -- clearly you have the talent and it's just a matter of time before you'll earn a spot!! So excited for you!!!

Hugs,
Lisa

Hannelie said...

I don't even have to comment on each card separately... 'cause one word is enough to desrcibe them all... FABULOUS Barb!

Diane said...

Wow Barb what fun designs.

Hugs Diane