Sunday, May 4, 2014

Hi Everyone ~
It’s a color challenge this week at Less is More, and we have been asked to create a card using either three colors, or three shades of one color! I decided to create a tag, and chose gray, blue and red: 





 A really sweet blog friend recently gifted me some wonderful MFT goodies, so I took out this cute image and my Copics, and got busy. I wanted to die cut the tag leaving the horse’s tail to hang off the side, so I used a technique I learned from Bev Rochester ...easy-peasy, and I’m happy with how it turned out. It may be hard to see on screen, but I created a mask and added clouds with distress inks.

My next card is for this week’s sketch at Addicted to Stamps, and the theme is ‘Holiday’. I think you can never have enough Christmas cards, so I embossed the die cut on my card panel and stamped it, then mounted it on to a red card base (looks maroon on my screen). I also embossed a frame around my scene, added WOS clear glitter to the trees, and used Delicata Golden Glitz ink for the sentiment for the first time ~ Love the effect!


And, here’s a close up of the embossing on this card:




Of course, I am also entering both cards in this week’s Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge for the theme ‘Anything Goes’. 
So, that’s it for today...I hope everyone had a relaxing weekend ~ Thanks so much for stopping by!
 
Barb







Supplies:
Trot On:
Stamps: MFT - Stirrup Some Fun
Ink: Versafine - Onyx Black; Memento Tuxedo Black; Tim Holtz - Broken China
Cardstock: Papertrey Ink - Stamper’s Select White
Dies: MFT - Grass; Lil’ Inkers - Anytime Tags
Markers: Copics
Misc: Wink of Stella - Clear Pen; Ribbon (PTI); Embroidery Floss

Joy to the World:
Stamps: Poppy Stamps - Holiday Village; MFT - Cheerful Christmas Greetings
Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black; Delicata Golden Glitz
Cardstock: Papertrey Ink - Stamper’s Select White, Pure Poppy
Dies: Poppy Stamps - Holiday Village

18 comments:

Betty said...

both your cards are so great Barb - you did the little girl and pony so well (not my forte!) and love the simplicity of the christmas card - wish i lived next door to you - we could have so much fun together!!!

Rosemary said...

super cute tag, barb! and the christmas card is wonderful!

stressfreestamping said...

What a great CAS Christmas card! The embossing really makes the images stand out. Great idea! Thanks for playing along at ATSM. :)

Deepti said...

Love the tag and the card :) the horse tail going off the edge is brilliant, it adds so much of fun! And ur second card is so amazing, I am in love with the bright and fun Christmas scene :) thank you for sharing with ATSM !

Susan said...

Two great cards, Barb! Love them both, but I think the Christmas card is my favorite.

Dawn T said...

both cards are delightful Barb.

lostinpaper said...

Fab cards Barb and I agree, you can never have enough Christmas cards and what a good idea to be making them now..... I'm still waiting for my year to 'settle' and it's May already lol. I'm hoping June may be quieter...

Deborah Frings said...

You clean, simple Christmas card is absolutely fabulous! Thanks so much for playing along with ASM this week!

Jean said...

These are both fabulous! I actually miss making Christmas cards, yours is wonderful!

Anne said...

Barb you made two sweet cards!
Thank you for joining the Less is More Challenge this week
Anne
LIM Designer

Cat Craig said...

Barb both cards are fantastic! You have such a wonderful style. Love your clean cards.

Unknown said...

Beautiful Copic coloring! Love how the horse hangs of the tag so much, and awesome embossing on the second one, too! Fabulous cards, Barb♥

Tracey McNeely said...

Two fabulous cards Barb, your colouring is fabulous and I love your holiday scene!

Sarah G said...

Both cards are gorgeous - love the image on your tag and the Christmas card is fab - love the effect of the embossing! Congrats on your guest DT at A2Z - your card is stunning :)

Emily Leiphart said...

Sweet tag and beautiful card, Barb! I love them both. Thanks so much for playing along with the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge: Anything Goes!

Chrissie said...

It looks like you snuck a little green into your cute tag too Barb!
Two really great cards!
Thanks so much
Chrissie
"Less is More"

Kay Miller said...

Oh what a darling tag and card Barb! Your coloring is fabulous and I love that little MFT horse rider stamp! And of course I adore the little house scene with the trees and the deer! The embossing looks wonderful! Lovely work :) ((Hugs))

Anita in France said...

Sweet tag, Barb ... love how the pony's tail is swiffed off the edge! The Christmas card is adorable ... the embossing round the images makes the pop ... and wow, that delicata ink is awesome on the sentiment! Anita :)