Saturday, July 18, 2015

Addicted to CAS Challenge #68

Hi everyone ~
Today, we kick off another challenge at Addicted to CAS, with the Code Word 'Chevron'. Our Hostess is the incredibly talented Deepti Malik and our sponsor is Sweet Pea Stamps who are offering the winner four digital stamps from their store! Also, I would like to welcome back our Guest Designer for the month of July, Kathy K of Purple Princess Diaries, with another beautiful card :)
I love playing with my Chevron stamps and stencils, so I created two cards for this challenge...here is the first one:


 It's no secret that my water coloring skills are poor, so when I saw Loll's card HERE, I knew 2 things: First - I would love to CASE this card, and second - I 'need' Brushos! So, I finally bought them and had myself some fun! I heat embossed the chevrons with white EP, and added 3 colors of Brushos...Turquoise, Emerald Green and Purple. I also created a panel with the same colors for the solid part of the butterfly. I shaped the sentiment to mimic the curve, added a few gems and that was it!

And, here is my second card:



For this card, I pulled out my MFT chevron dies. I embossed the large one and inked the smaller one in rainbow order with dye inks. The sentiment is from Hero Arts and the gems are SSS.

So, that's it for me...I hope you'll find some time to stop over to the ATCAS Blog to see what my teamies have created for this challenge, and consider playing along ~ Have a great weekend,









26 comments:

lostinpaper said...

Fabulous chevron inspiration Barb, loving the watercolour look, must take a look at these Brushos.... new word to me! (does that mean it will cost me money lol)

I Card Everyone said...

I'm not familiar with Brushos, Barb ... but considering I don't own a single Copic, one shouldn't be surprised, right? Well, I LOve what you have done with them! Your butterfly has found the most beautiful home there. I actually have the MFT chevron dies - must put those to work - after being so inspired here, I hope to play along ... gorgeous cards!
=] Michele

Anita in France said...

A beautiful and delicate butterfly, Barb ... and the most gorgeous rainbow chevron border ... love it paired with the embossing! Anita :)

Barb said...

Love them both, Barb but your first card is so pretty with that gorgeous color combo! Hope you're doing well! ♥

Loll said...

Two beautiful chevron cards Barb! So happy you got some brushos ... aren't they fun to play with??!! Thanks for the shout out! xx

Sarah G said...

Wow, these are stunning Barb! I have resisted brushos so far but maybe not for much longer! Love the butterfly and the colours on both of your cards are just fabulous :)

Sazzle Dazzle said...

2 beautiful cards Barb in fact the first one is making me swoon! It's got such a stunning mix of colours, dreamy and classy with a super layout. x

Sue McRae said...

Love the colour combo on your first card and the softness of your beautiful butterfly! Curious as to who makes the butterfly die?

Bonnie said...

Both of these cards is gorgeous, Barb! Good job with the Brushos!

Tenia Nelson said...

Both cards are gorgeous!!

Dawn T said...

fabulous cards Barb.

Barb Finnical said...

Really great cards! I have never heard of Brushos until now. I just watched about a half hour of YouTube videos about them. But I still have one question: On the first card, after heat embossing the chevrons, did you use the Brushos powder dry or did you use water with the Brushos? This is a great technique, but I can't find a video on it. Thanks for your help!

Rosemary said...

lovely set of cards, barb... but my favorite is the first one! the butterfly is gorgeous!

jintyoo7 said...

Beautiful cards - I have never heard of Brushos, they look fascinating!

Deepti said...

I don't have words to describe how beautiful your cards are... The colors the design is mind blowing! Way to rock :)

Doni High said...

Both cards are gorgeous!

Ksenija @Sweet Kobylkin said...

Barb, both card are wonderful! Love the elements watercolored with Brushos and paired with simple black sentiments!

Cat Craig said...

Both cards are fabulous Barb, I especially love the first one...such a lovely combination of colors.

Barb Ghig said...

Hi Barbie,
Thank you so much for your sweet comments on my cards! I used the first technique by Jen McGuire in this video for my butterfly: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uifKQp_sBpY&list=PL06OsZNDFnIHmQ1NWH2u30ScOc7GXS_BD&index=2
I hope this helps...if you have any further questions, please don't hesitate to let me know :)

Bhavana said...

lovely set of cards.. Loved the chevron pattern on your first card :)

Jaydee said...

Barb, they are both beautiful cards but the first one is stunning. I love the colors, the fabulous butterfly and the layout. Absolute CAS perfection.
hugs
jaydee

anja curvers said...

Both are awesome love the design and the colors on the first one and the embossing on the second one. Great as Always.

Hannelie said...

oh WOW!!! The butterfly card might just be my new favorite on your blog! And the second card a pure CAS gem!

Karen M said...

Love both your cards, Barb, but the butterfly one is especially pretty, maybe because I love that combo of colours! Very pretty and CAS Kx

cm said...

Beautiful cards, Barb! Looks like you have the Brushos well figured out! The butterfly...oh my! In love!
hugs~c

Joyce said...

Two wonderful cards, Barb. Love how you used color and texture to make these cards shine. Are you going to be tempting me with Brushos too?