Saturday, August 15, 2015

Addicted to CAS - Challenge #70





Hi everyone ~ It's time for another challenge at Addicted to CAS!

Our Guest Designer for this challenge is Linda Beeson, and our Sponsor is Stamplorations, who will be giving a $10.00 voucher to the store for the winner. As the hostess for this challenge, I have chosen the code word 'School'...you can interpret it as Back to School, create a teacher card, a graduation card, or notecards for a child's lunch box, if you like!

For this challenge, I created a card, a tag and a gift box:




I die cut the word teacher, but it's difficult to see...here is a close-up:


I created a tag with PTI's Enclosed Apple Die, and the box from WRMK Gift Box Punch Board:



 And, here is the whole gift set:





 For the tag, I used Brushos on water color cardstock in two shades of red and dabbed a bit of yellow to give it a more realistic look. For the card, I used a technique that I first learned from JJ Bolton in This Post. I created the faux ribbon with thin strips of cardstock, since I don't have that cool new die yet from Pretty Pink Posh :) I also added the black dots to the white cardstock on the box using a stamp from the Ellen Hutson Bokeh set and a stencil. The bow is from La Pareja Creativa...I love it because it's so dainty!

I hope you'll find some time to play along with us! For more inspiration, stop over at the ATCAS Blog to see the creations from the rest of the team ~ Thanks for stopping by, and have a great day!









 

18 comments:

Betty said...

what a darling set, Barb - love how you did the card - that's such a great technique - think i'll have dig out some of my "book" stamps and make a card.

lostinpaper said...

I nearly didn't see your hidden die cut sentiment, how wonderful Barb!

Anita in France said...

Such a fabulous gift set, Barb ... the camoflaged sentiment is brilliant set amidst those yummy apples ... and what a wonderful apple tag! Hugs, Anita :)

Doni High said...

I too didn't see the die cut teacher until you pointed it out! Very cool technique!

Kay Miller said...

Oh how cute Barb!! Love the hidden die cut sentiment on the card. That is something I just love but haven't tried yet! The little gift box and tag is just darling!! Wonderful work my friend! Happy weekend! :)

Loll said...

What a sweet gift set and card Barb!! I LOVE your raised sentiment on your card, and that apple tag is adorable! xx

Greta said...

Wonderful project, Barb--love the design of your card!

Cat Craig said...

Great card project and set Barb.

Deepti said...

Super stunning creations! I love the fabulous set and the teacher looks fabulous emerging from the apples :)

Dawn T said...

fabulous set Barb. It really is stunning

Sazzle Dazzle said...

A fun and fabulous codeword Barb and superb hostess cards to boot!
Love the 'camouflage' die-cut sentiment through those apples! Super stylish!
Sarah x

cm said...

What a sweet gift ensemble - and as a teacher, I can tell you that it will be absolutely adored by the teacher receiving it! Love those apples! Oh, and the camo 'teacher'...and the gift box! With my niece starting kindergarten in September (she's growing up way too fast!) I have 'school-themed' things on my mind...may need to add to my supplies though! Thanks for the inspiration!
Hugs~c

Ksenija @Sweet Kobylkin said...

Barb, what a great gift set. I like that the pattern on the apples goes together with polka dot on the packaging. Thanks for fun Code Word ;) -Ksenija

Joyce said...

What a cute little set. I love how you did the apples with the die cut word, and your little gift box is adorable.

Rosemary said...

super cute little gift set, barb!!

Cris G. said...

Gorgeous gift set, Barb! The box is so cute.

Hannelie said...

Oh this looks fabulous Barb! Love the fresh look!

Bhavana said...

beautiful set barb... bright and cheerful :) Its a fun code word :)