Saturday, August 29, 2015

Addicted to CAS Challenge #71



Hi there blog friends ~
It's time for another challenge at Addicted to CAS! The super talented and oh, so sweet Joanna is our Hostess, and she chose 'Blue' as the code word for this challenge! Also, Linda will be joining us again as our Guest Designer, CAS-ual Fridays Stamps will be sponsoring this challenge, and they are offering a $20.00 Gift Certificate to their store for the winner!

I decided to create two cards, and my first one is heavily inspired (CASE'd, really) by Anna Kossakovskaya with her first card in THIS POST. Here is mine: 



I fell in love with Anna's card, and couldn't wait to use my new PTI Vintage Linens stamp set. So, I used SSS Audrey Blue ink for the flowers and SSS Mint ink for the leaves. I placed the vellum over the card base and scattered my new 'Rainstones' here and there so I could have a place to add a touch of glue underneath (I prefer to keep the vellum snug against the card). The tag is from MFT, and to that I added a few enamel dots. Actually, the sentiment is perfect, as I am very grateful to Anna for inspiring me to create this gem :)

____________________________________________

For my 2nd card, I wanted to have a little fun, and I happened to spot these adorable birds in my Silhouette library:

  
 I used the Lawn Fawn Speech Bubble die and stamped a sentiment from their Flutter By set. The images are called 'Three Birds' and were created by Jamie Koay. I cut them on my Silhouette and colored them with Copic markers. Lastly, I added a few musical notes from PTI's Boy Basics Rock On stamp set...and that was it!

We would love to have you stop by the ATCAS Blog to see what the DT has created, and play along in our challenge! 

Have a great weekend...Thanks so much for stopping by,












23 comments:

Unknown said...

Love your sweet blue birds! This card makes me happy!

Betty said...

your flower card is gorgeous and love the design!

Kay Miller said...

Awwww both of these are just wonderful Barb!! Those little birds are so sweet! I need to go look them up in the store! I love the speech bubble! That is just so perfect! The vellum overlay on the first card is just lovely too! Happy weekend my friend!! ((Hugs))

Sarah G said...

Wonderful cards, Barb, both elegant and cute! I love those sweet chicks and the floral card looks fabulous with the vellum overlay :)

I Card Everyone said...

Every time I think I don't like blue someone proves me wrong ... this time it's you, Barb! Just LOve those gorgeous blooms and you know I adore the vellum! Well, bluebirds are the sweetest bird that visits our Two Acre Woods. Darling, just darling!
=] Michele

Loll said...

Two fantastic cards Barb. LOVE the look of the vellum over your stamped flowery background ... so beautiful!! And those singing birds are SWEET!! Two great designs. xx

lostinpaper said...

Both cards are so wonderful Barb, I'm glad that they are not 'feeling blue', those little birds look so happy singing along!

Sazzle Dazzle said...

2 super duper fabulous cards Barb.
Those birds are simply adorable and perfectly 'blue'
Great layout too.

Tenia Nelson said...

Both cards are wonderful!!

Dawn T said...

Both are simply gorgeous Barb. I've just got some new stamps and dies from CAS-ual Friday so might have to combine them with some blue and join in!

Anita in France said...

Gorgeous cards, Barb ... one soft and elegant ... the other fun and so cute! Fabulous! Hugs, Anita :)

Judy Tuck said...

Cute cards Barb. I love the little sentiment panel you added to your first card and your darling happy blue birds are so adorable on your second card!

Rosemary said...

the first card is so elegant and the second one is just darn cute!!

Cat Craig said...

Both your blue's are fantastic Barb. The blooms with the vellum overlay are so pretty, and those birds are adorable.

Karen L K said...

I see why you love her card. Your card is super nice also. I love the vellum over the same flower that is on top. Your birdies are so cute too.

TaeEun said...

Two lovely cards!! The vellum overlay on the first card makes the card so elegant and soft! And Thank you for the lovely comment at my blog!

Ksenija @Sweet Kobylkin said...

Barb, both cards are sweet! And the birds card is just perfect! -Ksenija

anja curvers said...

Both cards are great but those blue birds are so, so cute.

Joyce said...

Ooh, I am still on vacation but Isnuck a peek at my tablet, and could not resist coming over to get a closer look at those adorable birds. I did not know you could stamp with a Silhouette..perhaps I need one too. Just love your little conversation set up, and your floral card is stunning as well. Aloha!!

Doni High said...

Both cards are GREAT! I like how you used the raindrops to adhere the vellum...looks like the vellum is there by magic. The little birds are very sweet too!

Bhavana said...

both your card are amazing.. loved them

Jaydee said...

Barb, both cards are fabulous but I am totally in love with your bluebirds! They brought a smile to my face and are absolutely adorable.
hugs
jaydee

Deepti said...

Wow both are such wonders, you totally rocked the blues :)