Sunday, August 9, 2015

Muse Card Challenge #127 & Tag You're It Challenge #27

Hello there, blog friends ~
I have two cards to share with you today...The first is for the current challenge at Muse, with inspiration from Joan Bardee. Here is her card:



Here is my card:



I used PTI Rustic Wreath, a flower from Just Smile set and the bird is from Birds & Blooms. The sentiment is from Mama Elephant Love from Above. I finished the card with MFT Diagonal Stitched Rectangles.

My second card is for this week's challenge at Tag You're It, and for this challenge, Anja Curvers provided inspiration for us! Here is her card:

  And, here is my card:




For my card, I blended distress inks on the SSS stencil Deco Design and die cut the NBUS Coffee Cup from SSS, and Anytime Tags from Lil' Inkers. The sentiment is from SSS You're So Sweet stamp set and the twine is from Pretty Pink Posh. I layered everything with dimensional adhesive and placed it on a stitched card base.

I just realized that both of my cards also qualify for Virginia's View Challenge for the theme 'All Things Embellished', so I would like to enter the first card to her challenge, as well.  



So, that's it for me...Thanks so much for stopping by! Have a great week,









 

18 comments:

Betty said...

both your cards are wonderful, Barb - love the second one - missed you at the HA scramble yesterday.

Virginia L. said...

LOVE your interpretation of the challenges, Barb! The added gemstones on the first ones are spot on! So glad that you join the fun over Virginia’s View “All Things Embellished” Challenge! Hope your summer is continuing to be fabulous! :) And way to go on having 100 followers! I am sure thee are more to come!

Cat Craig said...

Both your cards are challenge "knocked out of the park" kinda cards.

Michelle said...

Beautiful work, Barb!

lostinpaper said...

Super fab Barb! Love the elegance of your floral design and that tag coffee cup card is so funky!

~amy~ said...

Love both of your projects!

Erin (Homemade Cards by Erin) said...

All things coffee are fabulous in my book, but many thanks for joining us at Tag You're It Challenge.

I Card Everyone said...

Your Muse card is cute as can be! Love your blending skills, Barb! So jealous!
=] Michele

Ardyth said...

I never thought of using part of the wreath - clever and beautiful! So glad you joined us at Muse this week, Barb!

anja curvers said...

Wow such great blending love your take on the challenge over at tag you're it.

Kay Miller said...

Both of your cards are just beautiful Barb! The first one is so sweet and CAS! Love it! The second one is stunning with the gorgeous blending on the tag! Love how you layered the two of them! So pretty!! ((Hugs))

Rosemary said...

wonderful set of projects, barb... love your take on the muse card!! and the inked background on the second is amazing!

Joyce said...

Love both of these cards. Your Muse card is so light and airy. Love that open wreath. And I adore the beautiful ink blending and light stenciling on your second card.

Jeanne J. said...

Love the coffee card - so smart to let the background tag peek through the heart in the coffee cup!

Anita in France said...

What a gorgeous soft and delicate take on Joan's card, Barb ... those gold hearts are fabulous with the sweet bloom and lovely leaf sprigs! Fantastic sponged ombré on your tag ... the black is so striking with it! Hugs, Anita :)

Deepti said...

Awesome card! I love your take on the tag too :)

cm said...

Your take on Joan's card is ever so pretty, while your coffee cup tag/card...oh my! Your stenciling and sponging are so eye-catching and the coffee cup is simply darling! Classy and fun, both! LOVE it!
Hugs~c

Greta said...

Your muse card is just amazing, Barb & I love the tag card, too!