Saturday, August 20, 2016

Addicted to CAS Challenge #95

Hi all,
It's time for another fun challenge at Addicted to CAS! Our Guest Designer is Nicole Vogeli, and our Sponsor is Stamplorations! Our hostess for this challenge is Bhavana, and she has chosen our Code Word:



Let's get this party started...Here is my first card:



I love fashion from the 1940's, so I die cut this Silhouette on my Cameo, and placed her on a narrow distress inked panel, which I created by masking. The sentiment is from PTI stamp set 'Fashion Sense' (Stamp-a-faire 2015). The gold pearls are from an old package of Prima gems, and I thought they were a fun way to add dimension to this card.

I just bought the MFT die 'London Skyline', and couldn't wait to use it on a card...so, I created this card as well:




I created a much lighter sky on this card, and added a full moon and some splatters (which I don't love), but it's meant to inspire our visitors to the challenge blog, so I hope it serves its' purpose :) The sentiment is from PTI's Ahoy stamp set.

Since it's always a 2 week challenge, I hope you'll be able to find the time to stop over at the Addicted to CAS challenge blog to see what our Guest Designer and my amazing teamies have created, and play along with us! 

Have a great weekend! Thanks for stopping by,








23 comments:

lostinpaper said...

I adore the 40's fashion too, love this silhouette that you chose, it makes or such a wonderful design Barb!

I Card Everyone said...

Count me in the fan club, too, Barb! Both gorgeous, but I have to say I've not seen a lovelier skyline as yours! I want to jump right into that scene!
=]

Betty said...

good to see you back with these two wonderful cards - love both especially the skyline!

Anita in France said...

Oh yes, Barb, 40s fashion is so stylish and chic ... this bold silhouette is fabulous against your gorgeous blending ... and what a perfect touch of glamourous gold! Delicious skyline ... more scrumptious blended colour ... definitely looks like a night on the town! Hugs, Anita :)

Loll said...

Two beauties Barb. Love the gold beads with your first card. And I love the splats on your second card. Both are great images ... and fantastic with the texture from your card. xx

cm said...

Your '40's fashion card is elegant and stylish! Fabulous silhouette! And your cityscape...just lovely! Two delights...
Hugs~c

Cornelia (fun stamping) said...

Awesome cards - the background on the first one almost glows!

Deepti said...

These are so beautiful Barb, ur inking is amazing on each of these !

Susan said...

Terrific cards Barb! Love your inspiration!

Karren said...

Two beautiful cards! Love that silhouette lady - so glamorous and she really pops off that beautifully blended background. And your sky in your second card is amazing!

TK said...

Beautiful silhouettes! Love both of these cards.

Kay Miller said...

These are both just beautiful Barb! Your blended backgrounds on both of them are so pretty! I love the silhouette that you cut out with your Cameo! That is so fun! And I kind of love those splatters on your lighter nighttime sky :) Have a great week my friend!

Dawn T said...

Beautifully done silhouettes Barb. I must pull out my one silhouette stamp and have a go.

Vicki Dutcher said...

Totally love the classy lady silhouette! She is awesome~

Darnell said...

These are really pretty, Barb! I love your blending on both and I think the splatters look amazing in your dreamy pastel London skyline! Hugs, Darnell

Ksenija @Sweet Kobylkin said...

Barb, both card are beautiful. I love the retro style also. Really like the pearls you added to the first card. I think, small details always add great interest to CAS cards ;) - Sweet Kobylkin

Cindy C. said...

Both wonderful Barb!! Sorry I have not been around lately, both my mother-in-law and mother passed away withing 1 month's time. Very difficult to handle to say the least.

Aileen said...

Wow Barb love both of these. Just stunning that lady is so cool and the colours you blended. And hthen the scene just perfect.

conil said...

Holy...boy, do yyou know how to rock this Silhouette vibe. Both of these cards are beyond gorgeous. Love all that contrast you've created but I think the first one has captured my heart. (I'm a pre WWII junkie, as well).

Greta said...

Silhouettes are so appealing & I really love both of your cards, Barb! The gold pearls & that narrow panel are fabulous & I love the soft look of your sky on the second card!

Nora Noll said...

Oh WOW!! I LOVE that silhouette on the first card. What a STUNNING card. Did you create that yourself? I LOVE the sentiment too. Really love the second card with that lovely skyline you created. I need that die myself but have been holding off. Beautiful cards Barb!!

Jaydee said...

OK... SO I feel in love with the first card - and then I saw the second. WOW, Barb. you rocked this challenge.
hugs
jaydee

Bhavana said...

the first card is so elegant .. loved it. The skyline is perfect