Saturday, October 1, 2016

Addicted to CAS Challenge #98 - Watercolour


Happy World Cardmaking Day, everyone!
It's time for another challenge at Addicted to CAS and our Code Word is Watercolour. Anja is our Hostess, the incredibly talented Maria Fischer is our Guest Designer, and Happy Little Stampers is offering a $15. GC for the winner! 



For my first card, I wanted to do some soft watercoloring with my Zig markers ~


I started by drawing a circle with my pencil to create the wreath, then after I die cut and watercolored everything, I cut the flowers and leaves to create the shape. I added the bow and birds, and embossed the sentiment in gold...and that was it!

*****
A few weeks ago, Sarah Platt created a beautiful card as our Guest Muse, and I missed the deadline...Since my card was already finished, I thought I would share it here ~



I created a watercolor panel with Orange, Yellow and Scarlet Red Brushos, and used it for the heart and sentiment. The diagonal stripes are MFT patterned papers, and the stamped sentiment is from PTI. Lastly, I created the enamel dots with Nuvo Crystal Drops.

Have you heard...There's a brandy-new card challenge? The amazing Loll & Bonnie have started a new challenge called 'CAS Watercolour Challenge' which begins today, and the theme for October is "Autumn"!  Congrats to you...I'm sure this challenge will be lots of fun! And, since I used fall colors on my 2nd card, I would like to enter it into their new challenge!




That's it for me today...Thanks so much for stopping by! Have a great weekend ~




25 comments:

lostinpaper said...

Love your pretty zig coloured wreath, makes me want to get mine out and start colouring! Thanks yet again for the inspiration!

Betty said...

your wreath is so pretty in those soft colors - love your "heart" card too!

Cat Craig said...

Fabulous Wreath Barb, the soft colors are so appealing. I LOVE your use of the sketchy heart and the watercolor beneath. Brilliant design idea.

Loll said...

Two gorgeous CAS watercoloured cards Barb!! Love the softness of the zig watercolour wreath. It is STUNNING!! And I love the gold colours with black accents for your love card. Both cards would be great for the new CAS Watercolour Card challenge - Autumn. xx

Karen L K said...

Both cards are really nice! Such a softly colored pretty wreath and I love the vibrant colors on the second card.

Bobby said...

I had to look twice to see that was the SSS Chisolm wreath you added those darling flowers to, Barb. It's such a soft feel and a wonderful wedding card. In contrast the 'love' card is bright and bold. Both are fantastic.

I Card Everyone said...

While I adore everything soft and feminine about that beautiful wreath, this gorgeous heart has stolen mine, Barb!!! Fabulous AND ORANGE ... did you know it another fave color? You work magic with those Brushos, my friend!
=]

jintyoo7 said...

Beautiful soft wreath Barb, so pretty! Gorgeous "sending love" card - the water colored elements are terrific! I have not tried Brushos but the colors are lovely!!

Karren said...

Wow, that wreath card is so soft and pretty and your Brusho card is so vibrant!

TaeEun said...

Beautiful cards with watercolored elements!!! One so soft and pretty, the other in stunning ombre orange! Love both :)!

Susan said...

Your first card is so soft and beautiful and your second card is bright and stunning. Love them both!

Dawn T said...

stunning cards. that first soft colours on the wreath are fabulous.

Jaydee said...

Barb, they are both fabulous cards - but I am obsessed with your soft watercolored wreath. Simply stunning.
Jaydee

Loll said...

Thanks for sharing your second card with us at CAS Watercolour! xx

Bonnie said...

Love that soft wreath, Barb! And that watercolored heart is gorgeous! That bright orange sings Autumn! Thanks so much for sharing it with us at CAS Watercolour!

cm said...

Oh, you create such magic with your Zigs, Barb! The wreath, so pretty and delicate; the orange heart and love, vibrant and lovely! I'll 'try' to play in this challenge, but you know how well (NOT!) water-colouring and I get along...
Hugs~c

nancy littrell said...

Clean, Crisp and beautiful design for your watercolored in Fall colors heart and Love. Your black and white strip of DSP adds so much style to your design. Loved your pretty CAS wreath card too. TFS both. Hugs, Nancy

Joyce said...

Your style is so very versatile. You go from soft and pretty to bold and beautiful in one post. Love them both--you are so talented.

Tracey McNeely said...

Well Barb two beautifully watercoloured cards!!

SonjaK said...

Love your cards, especially the first one. Such a beautiful and elegant design!

Virginia L. said...

Love your vibrant CAS watercolor card, Barb! This is simply gorgeous! Well done indeed!

Sazzle Dazzle said...

Thanks for the message Barb and I feel so honoured that you decided to case my card. In fact I love yours more! That vibrant orange heart against the white cardstock and monochrome design paper is stunning! In contrast your first card full of dreamy pastels and elegant tones is just beautiful too. Superb CASE and a perfect post. Hugs Sarah x

Greta said...

Wow--these are amazing, Barb! Love both of these--especially the strikingly beautiful second one!

Ksenija @Sweet Kobylkin said...

Barb, amazing cards! So different - a tender and a bold one. - Sweet Kobylkin

Unknown said...

Both of your cards are beautiful, but I must admit to being partial to the soft colored wreath!!