Sunday, February 5, 2017

CASology Challenge #234; Darnell's NBUS Challenge #10; Hero Arts Flickr Challenge #147


Hi everyone ~ 
I'm playing along with CASology this week for the Cue Card 'Youth'. I had a few ideas and created 2 cards, then I couldn't decide between them...so, I'm entering both :) Here is my first card:


This is my fave of the two...the one thing I love as much as the Mama Elephant critters are there 'kids' stamps...so cute! I used the MFT Triple Peek-a-Boo Windows die, only to realize afterward that each of them is slightly different in size. Since I kept them connected before taking them to my Big Shot, next time I'll have to decide first. I blended Cracked Pistachio to represent grass, then created clouds with Salty Ocean.

And, my 2nd card:


Another Mama Elephant fave of mine is this silhouette stamp with a sentiment from their In My Heart set. Since the Stitched Arch STAX are new to me, I am also entering this card for Darnell's NBUS Challenge #10 (without the option, even though it is really awesome!).

**************************

My last card is for the Hero Arts Flickr Group Scramble, hosted by my dear friend Betty! She asked us to create a card using black and gold with the theme 'Love'. How could I resist?


I dusted off some of my old faves in order to play along and kept my design very CAS. Please check the Inlinkz below for the supplies I used for this card. 
So, that's it for me...I hope everyone had a really great weekend!

Thanks so much for stopping by ~











18 comments:

Betty said...

wonderful cards Barb and thanks again for entering my challenge - your boy with the kite is always a winner and your little people in the first card are darling!!

Nora Noll said...

Oh my!! All your cards are brilliant!! I LOVE the second card with the wonderful blending the best, though. The sentiment really gets to me. Beautiful design!

Loll said...

Three awesome cards Barb. Each one is so uniquely creative. Those little kids are the cutest ... and perfect with the stitched framing. The silhouette looks gorgeous against the beautiful blended colours of your background, and the CAS Valentine's Day card is beautiful and elegant. Always inspired by you Barb!! xx

Judy1223 said...

Barb, you do it every time! Three amazing cards! I love both CASology cards...the Mam Elephant kids are just perfectly adorable (every time!) and so is the sweet silhouette (that sky is FABULOUS!). Your Hero Arts crad is perfect for Betty's challenge, too! Thanks, as always, for playing along with us at CASology!

Aileen said...

Three wonderful cards Barb, those kids in the window are so cute but the second one is my favourite. Such wonderful blending of colours and that image just perfect.. Love your love card, black and gold are so wonderful together.

Janet a.k.a. swanlady21 said...

Two lovely cards for youth ... your first is full of fun and love, and the second with the silhouette and distressed background gives a wonderful sense of joy and freedom. So happy you could play in the CASology challenge this week.

Joyce said...

I really love it when I come by to see one card and get treated to three times what I expected. Both of your entries to CASology are so fantastic and spot on for the challenge. I really love your little people--perfectly arranged and colored, and your sponged colors with the black silhouette is stunning. I had completely forgotten about that ME stamp set--it was my first ever from them. And, your Valentine is so elegant with all the gold and black. Thanks so much for playing along at CASology this week.

I Card Everyone said...

You know, Barb, I LOve these kids ... not much into cute critters, but these kids could live on my block any day! LOvely silhouette image with a wonderful sentiment ... and look at you getting all va-va-voom with the black and gold number!! What a fun visit ... good luck, though I'm seeing more than one winner here where no luck is required, my friend!
=]

Kay Miller said...

Well I can see why the first one is your favorite! That is just darling! I love the little kids! And your coloring is so good!! The other two cards are wonderful as well though! I love the blending on the silhouette! Fabulous work my friend! :)

Kreative Kymona said...

Hey Barb!!! All of your cards are amazing. The second one is my favorite. I love the little boy flying the kite. Nicely done. Thank you so much for playing with us this week at CASology.

Deidre said...

Barb, I love your ink blending with the little boy flying the kite! Your other cards are great too! Thanks for sharing along at CASology this week!

Hannelie said...

Oh Barb ! 2x adorable and one elegant-amazing designs !
Thanks for joining CASology this week!

nancy littrell said...

Barb, Looks like you had a really fun and creative stamping session designing your 3 beautiful and very different cards. TFS all 3 cards and your supplies. Hugs..

Darnell said...

These are so incredible, Barb, oh, Queen of CASliciousness!! Your range from adorable to rich and elegant is amazing!! Thank you very much for playing in NBUS #10! Hugs, Darnell

Bobby said...

Three very different but wonderful cards, Barb. I love the silhouette and the wonderful inked background.

Keep It Sweet and Simple said...

What a great selection of cards. All so very different,
but really fabulous.
xxx

Karren said...

I'm so late visiting that the challenge is over and your gorgeous card won! Congrats, Barb! Your first card is just adorable and so deserving of the win. And your second card is such a great silhouette look! Love the glamor of the third card - very elegant.

Monika Reeck said...

Ooh first card cuuuteee
I wish I own this cute stamp
soo nice hugs little boys and girl I remember Adrian my little boy he likes to hugs mami n papi hehe
Your second card won on Darnell NBUS yaaayyy
see here Dear
http://www.djkardkreations.com/
Adorable scene and sponge BG
The valentine card so elegant in black and Gold
LOVE!!