Friday, March 24, 2017

CAS on Sunday Challenge & SSS Flickr Challenge

Hi there blog friends,
The theme for the current challenge at CAS on Sunday is ‘Sentiment’ so I thought it would be fun to play along with some of my new goodies ~ 



I started by heat embossing the Wavy Coloring Book pattern with white EP, and blended a few DI's in soft pastels. I die cut the sentiment with silver foil cardstock and added the dots with my new silver gelly roll pen. The inside of the card reads: ..."to have you in my life". I'm loving this MFT angled die, so I included that and added a few Sprinkles to finish it off ~ And, that was it!

**************************

I'm also playing along at the SSS Flickr Challenge for the theme "Think Spring!"


I am so ready for spring, and for the flowers to start blooming! So, for this card, I watercolored the embossed Ranunculus flowers with distress inks, and I used my 'Love' die again. A few Rainstones with a stitched border and pink mat, and this card was done!




That's it for me ~ Have a great weekend, everyone! Thanks so much for stopping by,










18 comments:

Betty said...

two lovely cards BArb - the pink and yellow is so pretty and love the design in your first card and the bit of purple in the second just makes the whole card pop. have a wonderful weekend!

Aileen said...

Two beautiful cards Barb particularly drawn to the first. Love the soft colours and my stamp has arrived so I can play. This background stamp is just stunning.

Barb said...

Gorgeous cards, Barb! Love that angled, scalloped die cut you used on your first one - so pretty! And beautiful coloring on those flowers on your second card! Love it! Thanks so much for playing in the SSS Flickr challenge! ♥

Cat Craig said...

Barb, your first card is so pretty...that embossing and inking technique looks fab with that stamp. Your second card is lovely with the soft watercolors. Both cards are fantastic challenge entries.

Joyce said...

Love both of your beautiful cards. Especially the first one--really love that fun edge die and the white embossing with the soft pastel colors.

jintyoo7 said...

Lovely cards Barn, your design and coloring has such flair - both are beautifully done. Good luck with the challenges, they both look like winners to me :-)

Kay Miller said...

These are both so pretty Barb! I love the soft blendy watercolor looks! The first one so feminine and elegant and the second one so fun! Beautiful work!! Happy weekend!! :)

Jeanne H said...

I just love your "grateful" card. Just lovely colors with the silver!

lostinpaper said...

I'm so sad that we are heading out of Summer..... and all this glamorous talk of Spring, hmmmm. Mind you, I live in the sub tropics, so no 'real' winter here anyway lol, I just don't like it cold (can't work out how I survived living in the UK...). Anyhow, enough of me, your cards are gorgeous Barb, I adore the pastel rainbow background, it's truly breathtaking!

Linda said...

Love the soft colours you've used on the Wavy Background Barb - so pretty.

Dawn T said...

both cards are really pretty Barb. Just love the soft pastels on the first one and the sweet flowers on the second,

nancy littrell said...

I love your very different CAS designs on both your pretty cards Barb. TFS Hugs..

Anita in France said...

These are both so lovely, Barb ... such lovely soft colours and blending on the first ... and fabulous watercolouring on those sketchy ranunculus ... gorgeous! Hugs, Anita :)

TK said...

Two perfectly lovely cards - love the colors, the blending and then the water coloring! Beautiful, Barb!

Kara Lynne said...

Beautiful cards, Barb! Both of them are fresh like spring with the soft colors on the white embossing!

Loll said...

Two beautiful spring cards, Barb. Especially love the first with the sponged colour over white embossing ... the layout is so beautiful. xx

Karren said...

I adore your ink-blended, white embossed background to your first card, Barb! Such beautiful colors. And your ranunculus card is gorgeous - your water-colored flowers are so pretty.

anja curvers said...

Awesomeness really two Unique cards love them. Glad you joined us over at CAS on Sunday.