Sunday, March 19, 2017

CASology Challenge #240; MFT Sketch Challenge #324

Hi there blog friends! I'm back to share a few cards I created for 2 challenges: 

My first card is for CASology week #240 for the Cue Card 'Foliage'


This is my favorite color combo...I used the lightest shade from the Altenew Warm Gray inks for the stenciled foliage, a medium gray for the stamped sentiment, and Hero Arts Bubblegum to create the ombre effect on the die cut sentiment. Did you know that Laura Bassen created this stamp and die set? I love the font on this die and when I learned that it's Laura's handwriting, I couldn't wait to get my crafty little paws on it and have a play...after all, she is my Idol :)

*****************************


My next card is for this weeks' MFT Sketch Challenge #324 


I love this sketch, so I followed it to a 'T' ~ I created clouds for the background with Audrey Blue ink and colored these cute little tigers with Copic Markers. The bottom panel was created with the Wavy Coloring Book stamp by just stamping it with Versamark...no EP at all. I love how it creates a tone-on-tone effect. Sorry for the glare on the stars, but my camera is never happy with shiny objects!

So, that's it for me...I hope everyone had a fun weekend and that your week ahead is filled with lots of crafty time ~
Thanks so much for stopping by,









18 comments:

Karren said...

Such gorgeous cards, Barb! The soft leaves in your top card are so pretty and the tigers are just adorable!

Dawn T said...

Just gorgeous cards Barb. Just adore those little tigers.

lostinpaper said...

I think Laura is everyone's idol, she is amazing and so is your gorgeous card!

Anonymous said...

Barb, what a pair of beauties! I didn't realise that the font of the die was Laura's handwriting! Oh to have that penmanship! I love how you coupled the pink sponged sentiment with those subtle grey leaves! Very elegant! So glad you could join us this week at CASology! Oh, and that little tiger card is a CUTIE too! ;-)

Jacquie Southas said...

I adore the gray & pink color combination - your soft stenciled leaves are lovely & delicate! Thanks for playing along with us at CASology this week, Barb!

Jen W. said...

Two beauties, Barb! I love the softness of the leaves and the ombre sentiment on the first card.
Your take on the MFT sketch is gorgeous! Love your coloring on the tigers, the soft sky and the wavy pattern on the bottom. Awesome! Thanks for playing along with CASology this week!

Joyce said...

What fun to see two cards that are both fantastic but could not be more different. Love the subtle elegance of your first card, and the fun whimsical nature of your second card. Thanks so much for playing along at CASology this week.

Kay Miller said...

Oh these are both wonderful Barb!! I love the first with the soft background and Laura's beautiful handwritten die! Didn't know that little bit of info! The second one is darling with those sweet little tigers! Lovely work on these delightful cards!

Unknown said...

BARB!!!! You are so sweet! I am in LOVE with your gorgeous soft gray & bubblegum color combo!!! I need to try this color combo soon! Thanks for such kind words & beautiful inspiration♥

Betty said...

love card Barb in the soft gray and pink - and no - i didn't know Laura had designed this stamp and die set - love all those little sentiments that go with the "love"

Nora Noll said...

Oh wow!! The first card is fabulous with the soft gray. I LOVE that foliage as well!! The second card is totally adorable. The way you used those little critters is darling!!

Loll said...

LOVE your first card. CAS Perfection, Barb! Gorgeous combination of techniques and colours.

And your second card is so darn cute! Love those sweet tigers. The tone-on-tone stamping on the bottom is really pretty. xx

Cat Craig said...

Love both cards Barb, but the second really steals my heart. I love everything you did here. It is a fabulous sketch and I have the dies you used...so inspiring.

Hannelie said...

Your cards always shine in the Casology gallery Barb!
This is just so beautiful!
Thanks for playing again this week!

Linda said...

Oh the little tigers!! Soooo cute Barb.

Kara Lynne said...

I love both of these, Barb! The soft gray is beautiful with the pink word, and those tigers are so cute. You're right, that is a great sketch.

Anita in France said...

Oh gosh, Barb, that soft grey leafy sprig with the delicate pink sentiment is beautiful ... such a gorgeous colour combo, so wonderfully serene! Your little tigers are adorable ... love the addition of the little bird next to them ... so sweet! Hugs, Anita :)

Sue said...

Beautiful card, Barb, the soft grey foliage is perfectly paired with the pretty pink.