Thursday, June 1, 2017

Choose your Muse!

Hi there, blog friends! I have a few cards to share, but before I get started, I have a question:
Does anyone know why my 'foil die cuts' are getting smashed in my Big Shot? I've noticed that the edges sometimes have a crease near the corner, too. Here is an example of what I mean...take note of the letters "g" and "f'':


If you have any thoughts or suggestions, please leave a comment below ~ Thanks!

********************

There’s a birthday party over at Muse Card Challenge for Ardyth, and she has asked us to 'Choose among any of her cards to serve as our Muse'. I found tons of cards that I LOVE in her Pinterest gallery, and this is the one that I decided on:


And, my take on her card:



I focused on Ardyth's design but used more muted colors. Ardyth used her Zig markers, but I didn't have good luck with them so I used DI's. I also used inlaid die cutting and stacked the sentiment with 3 layers.

Belated Happy Birthday to you, Ardyth! You have inspired me so much over the past few years with your gorgeous cards and encouraging words...Thank you! Also, I must say, 
"You look amazing at 50...way to go!!!"

********************

My next card is for the CAS on Sunday Challenge and we have been asked to 'Use a Repetition Image' on a card:


I finally bought the Altenew Halftone Circles stamp set and couldn't wait to ink them up. I used the colors of the rainbow and chose a sentiment from PTI Make it Market mini-kit.

********************

My next card is for the current SSS Flickr Challenge #72 and the theme is 'Summer Fun'


A very simple card using the SSS Sailboat Wafer Die and Sailing Stamp set for the sentiment.

********************

If you're still with me, thank you! I have one more card to share, which is not for a challenge. I won a place in the latest Online Card Class - Sparkle & Shine and this is my take on a technique by the AMAZING Laura Bassen!


I used the latest MFT Card Kit for the sentiment. The heart was embossed with four layers of EP and the swirls were created with dye ink. The border is also from MFT, the sprigs and patterned papers are from PTI and the enamel dots are DIY Nuvo Jewel Drops. 
Very pretty in real life...Thanks, Laura!!!

OK, so that's it for me...thank you again for hanging in there...I really do appreciate it!

Thanks so much for stopping by...Have a great weekend ~












20 comments:

TK said...

Wow, the first card is gorgeous, and I had to look CLOSE to see the kink so I think it's a winner anyway! Your CASE of Ardyth is wonderful, love the soft coloring. And that nautical one? What isn't to love? But my fave? That last beauty is just perfect! Love the soft pp, the dainty scalloped border and pretty little floral scrolls - fabulous!

lostinpaper said...

All of these are such wonderful cards Barb, congrats on your win, that 'heart' you is divine! As for the die cut what are the plates like that you are using? maybe try a fresh plate or use an area that is not too scrubbed... or use a different area of the 'roller' and see if that makes a difference, it would have to be something simple, do other die cut cardstocks come out okay?

Anita in France said...

What a delicious collection, Barb ... such a treat to see so many gorgeous cards in one post! Lovely soft, dreamy CASE, fabulous rainbow bubbles of colour, cool and crisp sail boats, and that last one with the amazing heart and that splendid little leafy sprig along the scalloped edge, it's a beauty! Was going to write about the foil die cuts and noticed Therese has said just what I was about to say, so I won't repeat it ... sorry I can't add any more. Do hope you find an easy solution! Hugs, Anita :)

Jenni's Jems said...

What a beautiful array of cards Barb and so many different styles...Im in awe its taken me weeks to make one card lately:( but my favoutite is the last one or maybe the boat one or...heck I love them all !:) x

Karren said...

It's always a delight scrolling down your blog post and seeing your lovely cards. These are all beautiful, and the heart one is stunning.

In terms of the creased die-cuts, do you have an metal shim in your machine? I have one that sits permanently under my bottom plate and it's smaller than the plate. I've not noticed any creasing on my die-cuts but that's all I can think of that would cause it.

Cat Craig said...

Barb,
what a pleasure to stop by today. Such a lovely collection of cards, each an eye-catcher. I love them all, the rainbow, the case of Ardyth, the sail boats, and your sparkle and shine card. I hope I haven't missed one...my memory has limits...lol. Oh check your die to see if there is any paper left in the die or on your cutting plate before you cut...and are you cutting near any edge on teh cutting plates...sometimes they are less worn/compressed over time and that might account for the smooshing. Let us know if you figure it out.

jintyoo7 said...

Hello Barb, Lovely selection of cards - you have been busy. Love the really graduated look on your "hello" card. All are beautifully done. I couldn't see what you're seeing on your foil die cuts, but have you tried layering it over some scrap paper as you cut? It might smooth those edges out a bit.

Linda said...

Wow you've been so busy Barb and I especially love that swirly heart on the last card - how gorgeous! I hope you get some helpful advice for the smooshed die cuts - very frustrating.

I Card Everyone said...

Hi Barb! Sorry I'm so late for the party!
I LOve your Muse inspired card for Ardyth - the distress inks worked beautifully - so soft and sweet!
LOVE the half-tone circles and, where they overlap? Fantastic!
Those little sailboats are among my all-time favorite dies from SSS - this card reminds me of a darling little sailor dress I wore as a child - navy and white? Nothing pleases me more!
Your Laura-technique is gorgeous ... YOU deserve to be celebrated!
Have a wonderful weekend, my friend - let's chat next week?!
=] xx

Aileen said...

Fabulous collection of cards, love them all and inspired by all. Its wonderful seeing the inspiration from Ardyth everywhere. I am so battling to get to one or even three cards. I had to stop looking. Love those sale boats and your circles in the rainbow colours, knew I should have bought that stamp set. Mind you could never imagine getting the circles stamped straight and correct spacing. Also love the thick layered ink added heart, perfect.

Loll said...

Fantastic array of cards Barb. Looks like you've had lots of play time lately and made the BEST of it! :) Each card is beautiful. xx

Dawn T said...

Beautiful cards each and everyone. Your final card is stunning.

Darnell said...

Eep, Barb, you overwhelm me with all this incredible inspiration! I want to CASE every.one.of.your.cards!! I especially love your CASE of Ardyth's card for her birthday party!! Hugs, Darnell

nancy littrell said...

OMG Barb...your CAS designs on all 4 of your cards are so creative and so beautiful. TFS all of your beauties. Hugs..

Ardyth said...

Fantastic cards, Barb! I love them all - so CAS and graphic! Love your pretty colours and flowers especially! Thanks so much for the birthday wishes and for joining my party at Muse!

Monika Reeck said...

CASE ing Ardyth you did the best
with soft colors and cutee tiny flower.. that Altenew Halftone ooh I want I want to buy it tooo
coool really cool repeated image with different colors...so adorable Rainbow sentiment too my friend.
the SSS Flickr card so cuutee love the repeated of the Sailboat yay Clever manly card Barb, last one...U adore your HEART woooww looks like marble..love love your beautiful creation Barb
see you maybe around
I miss you..
hugs
Monika

Bobby said...

You've been a busy girl, Barb. Four great cards AND time to take the online class. I'm so glad you liked it. I haven't taken one in a long time.

Zw@@n said...

Wow, gorgeous cards, Barb! Thank you for joining us at CAS on Sunday. Luv, Wilma

Unknown said...

WOWZA, Barb!!! You've outdone yourself!!!! LOVE that marbled heart so much!!! So many gorgeous cards!!!

anja curvers said...

Such a great bunch of cards as Always lovely all the way. Thanks for joining us over at CAS on Sunday.