Sunday, June 11, 2017

Freshly Made Sketches - Challenge #291

Hi there crafty friends,
I have a really quick post to share a card I created for Freshly Made Sketches (Sketch by Jen B.)

I took creative liberty for the top panel and used Lawn Fawn's Speech Bubble ~


I started by stamping the sentiment on the speech bubble and set it aside. I embossed the panel with the Waves Stencil, then inked the Porthole with Peacock Feathers and added transparent embossing paste to add texture. This stamp set is from MFT's latest release, and the images are adorable :)
Here is a close-up of the embossed panel:


Lastly, I used a silver gelly roll pen for the hat, sash and sword and glossy accents to the eye patch; I was also lucky enough to find some old brads from my scrapbooking days to add to the porthole. And, that was it ~

Wishing you a wonderful crafty week ahead...Thanks so much for stopping by,









14 comments:

Claire said...

I love how you've used the giant speech bubble as the top panel - and those sweet prates are on my wishlist!

lostinpaper said...

How fabulous Barb! Great idea to use the speech bubble as part of the sketch but I also love how you have added colour to the portion of embossing through the port hole, clever clever and fun ideas!

Karren said...

This is adorable, Barb! Great texture and the dotted elements on the pirate are too cute! I just got those pirates on Friday and took a bit of time on the weekend to color a few of them up. Now to create a card with them. Great to see you at FMS!

I Card Everyone said...

LOve the perfect little brads for your porthole-to-sensational-stenciling, Barb!!! ARRRRGH I LOVE this card, and that set, and your perfect representation of that sketch!!!
=]

Jen Brum said...

What a great card Barb! I love that sweet little pirate! Your colouring is amazing! Love the port hole! So fun! Thanks for joining us this week at Freshly Made Sketches!

Kay Miller said...

Awwww cutest little pirate ever!! Wonderful coloring on this adorable card Barb! I love the speech bubble for the sentiment too!!

Loll said...

Sweet!!! This is adorable, Barb!! xx

Cat Craig said...

Aye Matey such an adorable lil pirate.

Greta said...

Cute & clever--wonderfully colored, Barb!

Anita in France said...

What an adorable little pirate, Barb ... super colouring and I love the detailing on the porthole! Hugs, Anita :)

Bobby said...

This is so cute and fun, Barb. I love the coloring inside the porthole and the brads give it the perfect final touch.

jintyoo7 said...

HA!! This is fantastic Barb, LOVE the darling little pirate and how you colored the waves through the porthole blue - brilliant :-D

Nora Noll said...

This is amazing!! I adore that pirate and the fun porthole you created!! So adorable.

Tracey McNeely said...

Barb this is amazing, love all the texture and colour you used in creating this adorable scene!