Sunday, July 23, 2017

Hello, Sweet Friend ~ You're So Sweet!



Hello there, blog friends! I'm back to share two cards I created for a few of my favorite challenges. First up is the CAS Watercolor and CAS Mix Up Challenges.

So, it's a Butterfly for CAS Watercolor and Stamping, Tissue Paper, and stenciling for CAS Mix Up! 


Last week I submitted a card for both challenges, and I created a few extra panels using the Tissue Paper Technique. For this card, I used one of those panels to die cut the butterfly, and I love how it turned out! Check out Loll's video tutorial ~ It's a lot of fun and the results are amazing ~
- Stamping: Sentiment
- Tissue Paper: Butterfly
- My Choice: Stenciling

By the way, if you haven't played along in these challenges you're missing out! Loll and Bonnie always come up with the most interesting and 'challenging' ideas...Check them out!

*******************************************



My 2nd card is for CAS(E) This Sketch and CAS on Friday Challenges (Primary Colors):




I'm always late to the party, so this is a new set for me and I couldn't wait to ink it up...I hope it's ok that I added orange to his beak as it is not a primary color :)

I gave up Inlinkz since they switched over to a new program, so I'll be adding my products at the end of each blog post...if you have any questions, don't hesitate to let me know in the comments ~

Hello Sweet Friend:
MFT - Flutter of Butterflies (Lace), Bold Paisley Stencil
PTI - Keep it Simple (Friendship), Silver Luxe Cardstock (card base)
Lucy's Cards: Clear Jewels
Tim Holtz - Silver EP, Tumbled Glass (Butterfly)
SSS - Sea Glass & Audrey Blue inks

You're So Tweet:
Reverse Confetti - Toucan of Friendship
MFT - Rectangle Peek-a-Boo Window
Memory Box - Winterberry Sprig
Tim Holtz - Tumbled Glass
SSS - White woodgrain cardstock (sprig)

Copic markers, Versamark, White EP, Glossy Accents






Have a wonderful week ahead ~ Thanks so much for stopping by,








16 comments:

Karren said...

Gorgeous cards, Barb! That toucan is just too cute!

Marge said...

Both are so cool and well designed CAS cards, Barb. I love how you incoporated various challenge themes into a card.

Dawn T said...

both cards are fabulous. I just love your parrot card.

Loll said...

LOVE your tissue paper butterfly, Barb. It's so pretty with the soft colours. Thanks for sharing at CAS Mix Up and CAS Watercolour! And thanks for the shout out! xx

LOVE that sweet bird. What a fun design. xx

Anita in France said...

Wow, Barb, your silver veined, tissue paper butterfly is stunning ... it's so delicate and dimensional ... and beautiful! That little toucan is adorable ... fun, colourful and deliciously CAS! Hugs, Anita :)

Kay Miller said...

OH the tissue paper butterfly card is stunning Barb! I have to try that! So pretty! The little toucan is absolutely adorable! Makes me want that stamp set! :) Love the blended background! Happy week my friend! :)

I Card Everyone said...

That darling little 'Toucan of Friendship' cracks me up EVERY time, Barb... so nice to have you in the CTS gallery, and your card is just what the card-doctor ordered after a stress-filled day!!
LOve that tissue-technique on your gorgeous butterfly - no. still haven't tried it! come show me how it's done? xx
;]

Leigh Penner said...

Beautiful cards! I love your wonderful take on the sketch!

Bonnie said...

Love, love, love your butterfly, Barb! Thanks so for the kind words about our challenges! It's so much fun trying new techniques and seeing what others do with them too! Love your toucan and I thought orange was a primary color??? Thanks so much for sharing with us again at CAS Mix Up and CAS Watercolour!

Christine Alexander said...

Love the soft colours of your butterfly and your stenciling, this is CAS Perfection. Thanks for joining CAS Watercolour :)

Darnell said...

Two sweet and beautifully colored cards, Barb! They are perfect for the challenges!! Hugs, Darnell

Susan said...

Lovely soft colour! Beautiful CAS design! Thanks for joining us at CAS Watercolour!

Betty said...

adorable toucan and beautiful butterflies!!

Chrissy Larson said...

Such beautiful cards and so perfectly CAS!

Cat Craig said...

fantastic cards. I love that bird, and your color splats around your butterfly. Off to check out Lolls video.

Joyce said...

One beautiful, sophisticated and elegant, and the other so very bright and fun. Love them both.