Monday, October 16, 2017

CAS Watercolor, CAS Mix Up & MFT Sketch Challenge

Hello again ~
I always enjoy playing along in Loll and Bonnie's monthly challenges, but this month, time has been slipping by quickly. So, before it's too late, I have two cards to share. My first card is for the CAS Watercolor October Challenge & 1st Birthday Celebration and the theme is 'Fall Leaves':


These gorgeous leaves were a gift from my dear friend Michele, and I thought they worked perfectly for this challenge. The angled panel was watercolored using Peerless Watercolors, and I curved the MFT sentiment using my MISTI.

Happy 1st Birthday, Loll & Bonnie! Here's to many more years of crafty fun with your challenge blog!!!

********************************

My 2nd card is for the CAS Mix Up October Challenge for the theme: Stamping, Layering Stencils and Your Choice (Copic coloring):


I started by stenciling soft blue clouds with Tumbled Glass (too soft so it's hard to see), then stenciled the balloon. Next, I stenciled the hearts onto the balloon and stenciled the grass in 3 different inks. Lastly, I used Copic markers to color the elephant and flowers...and that was it :)

********************************

My 3rd card is for the MFT Wednesday Sketch Challenge - With inspiration by Laura Bassen, how could I resist!


This little pup is from the new MFT set called 'Happy Pawlidays' and I couldn't resist him (and his friends). For the aperture on the sketch, I used the Peek-a-Boo Wonky Window for fun, and Copic markers to color the images. The background was blended with DI's and I added snow with a stencil and texture paste.  



OK, so that's it for me...Thank you for hanging in there, and thanks so much for stopping by,








17 comments:

Anita in France said...

Gorgeous, rich autumnal leaves, Barb ... the subtle shimmer is lovely! That little elephant is adorable with her sweet stencilled balloon ... and that wee pup clambering out of the peek-a-boo window is just a cutie, the detailing with glitter and shine is delicious! Hugs, Anita :)

lostinpaper said...

Love the added shimmer to the leaves, and your cutie patootie elephant definitely brought a smile to my face! Your colouring on the images is awesome, makes me want to get back to 'work' and do some colouring myself, thanks so much for the inspiration!

Betty said...

wonderful cards, Barb - the leaves card is so striking in the browns and greens and great design - and your little critters on the other two are so cute - the Laura Bassen design is a great take on her card!

Michelle said...

Especially love your puppy card! Love the BG and how it looks like he is climbing out!

I Card Everyone said...

Who COULD resist that puppy?!! He could climb into my window any day! Little Ellie has lost her balloon, but NOT her charm!
Oh Barb, adding that little frost to those leaves was such a great idea - it's finally chilling down 'round here!
What a way to start my week ... thanks for this terrific trio of cards!
=]

Susan said...

Love the idea of stenciling the hearts inside the balloon stencil - such a cute birthday card! And wonderful rustic colours for the autumn leaves card! Thanks so much for joining us for CAS Mix Up and CAS Watercolour!

p.s. And a wonderful Christmas card with that adorable puppy!

Dawn T said...

gorgeous cards Barb.

Christine Alexander said...

Great layout with our leaf card, love the die cut leaves and OMG the little puppy is adorable. thanks for joining us at CAS Watercolour :)

Loll said...

Hi Barb. It's so great to see you in both galleries. Your pretty leaves from Michele make one beautiful card with the watercolour swoosh. The elephant and balloon are adorable. Great layering of stencils. And your last card is so sweet with "that little doggie in the window". I bet I have you singing that song now. :) Thanks for sharing your cards with us at CAS Watercolour and CAS Mix Up! xx

Bonnie said...

I love your curved panel of watercolor and sentiment with the fall leaves, Barb! And the elephant is delightful with his fancy balloon! Love the sweet pup too! I didn't know there was a wonky peek-a-boo window. How fun! Thanks so much for sharing with us at CAS Watercolour and CAS Mix Up. And thanks for the birthday wishes!

Bobby said...

Your critters are so perfectly colored, Barb, and so cute the way you've displayed them on your cards.

Unknown said...

What a sweet card you made for the CAS Mix Up , your stenciled balloon is so cute with your little Ellie. Thanks for joining us! Julia xx

Karren said...

Oh these are all a feast for the eyes, Barb! That little puppy and elephant are just too cute and your leaves card is gorgeous.

Karen Dunbrook said...

sweet cards....pretty leaves on the curve add a great sense of motion.
Thanks so much for playing along with the CAS Watercolour Challenge this month!
Karen

Cat Craig said...

wonderful collection of cards Barb. Each one has a fabulous touch - the swish with your leaves, the heart prints on your balloon, and the wonky frame for your be merry card. All your fabulous touches.

Darnell said...

Three great challenges and three winning entries IMHO, Barb! They are all crisp and clean in your signature CASlicious style!! Hugs, Darnell

cm said...

Beautiful shimmery autumn leaves and oh, how pretty the curved swoosh! The little ellie: simply adorable in delivering birthday wishes. The puppy: oh my stars! Cutie patootie in every way! A trio of delight!
Hugs~c