Tuesday, March 20, 2018

March CAS Watercolor Challenge & March CAS Christmas Challenge - Take 2


Hi there ~ It's been a busy month for me on the homefront, but I always enjoy playing along with Loll and Bonnie's CAS Watercolor Challenge and since this month's theme is 'Garden', I dug out some of my favorite dies and got to work:  


I used one of MFT's Basic Edge dies to create the curve and a combination of Peerless and Daniel Smith watercolors for my flowers. The sentiment was embossed with gold EP, and I added a few clear sequins to finish up my design.

*************************************************


Loll and Bonnie also have a brand new challenge ~ CAS Christmas!  Since I love playing with my Holly dies, this is my 2nd entry:


For this card, I started with the MFT Stitched Scallop Frame die then colored the Holly and Berry Branch die with Copic markers. I added splatters with Copic Opaque White paint, spritzed everything with Sheer Shimmer Spray, put a generous amount of Glossy Accents on the berries, and embossed the sentiment with gold EP...and, that was it!

There's still a few more days to join in both challenges if you are interested.. In fact, all three of Loll and Bonnie's challenges are amazing, so it's likely you'll find at least one that strikes your fancy :) 

Thanks so much for stopping by,






Supplies
Card #1:
Stamps: MFT - All Smiles (sentiment)
Dies: MFT - Stitched Flowers, Stitched Scallop Basic Edges
Ink: Versamark; Peerless Watercolors; Daniel Smith Watercolors (Yana Smakula Palette)
Misc: WOW - Gold Embossing Powder; Pretty Pink Posh - Clear Droplets

Card #2:
Stamps: PTI - Think Big Favorites #9 (sentiment)
Dies: Penny Black - Holly & Berry Branch; MFT - Stitched Scallop Frame
Ink: Versamark; Copic Opaque White
Misc: WOW - Gold Embossing Powder; Copic Markers; Imagine - Sheer Shimmer Spray. Lucy's Cards - Ice Cube Mix (Sequins)



15 comments:

Anita in France said...

What a lovely garden of pastel blooms, Barb ... that would be a delight to walk through! Your holly is stunning ... bold and bright ... and fabulous with the white splatters! A delicious duo today! Hugs, Anita :)

Betty said...

two lovely cards, Barb-your garden is so pretty in those soft colors - and love how you framed your holly.

Trina P. said...

Two wonderful makes. Your holly colouring is gorgeous. The splatters added beautiful texture. Love the scallop border. Fabulous card. Thank you for joining us at CAS Christmas Holly challenge. x

Cat Craig said...

Barb, you produced two lovely cards for the challenges. Your flowers are lovely in their pastel colors, and your vibrant holly leaves are very festive.

Karren said...

Your holly card is absolutely gorgeous, Barb! And those flowers are such wonderful colors - I love the subtle curve you've created.

Loll said...

Sweet garden of blooms, Barb. Love the soft "Easter" colours of yellow and purple. The sequins add some lovely sparkle. Thanks for sharing with us at CAS Watercolour!

LOVE your holly die. You can see that this die-cut from PB is a favourite among our Designers as several of us have it. Gorgeous with the scalloped frame. Thanks again for sharing with us at CAS Christmas! xx

I Card Everyone said...

Hi my beautiful blooming friend! What a gorgeous lineup of flowers, Barb... with your beautiful coloring, these remind me of Hellebores see them here: https://www.pinterest.com/casiehead/helleborehelleborus/?lp=true

You're so right about that Holly as the perfect second helping... it's perfect every time, and beautiful with your juicy shiny berries... xx
=]

Papercraft Boutique said...

Beautiful coloring for both cards, Barb! The shades of purple and green are especially pretty, and your holly looks so realistic! I love the super-shiny red berries and the perfect white spatters. A great choice for the frame too. Thank you for sharing your beauties at CAS Waterclour and CAS Christmas! Hideko

Christine Alexander said...

Barb, love both cards, the fun stitched die cuts and the soft colours of the first and the wonderful bold colours of the holly die. thanks for joining us at CAS Christmas

lostinpaper said...

Both of your cards are wonderful Barb, I love the brightness of the holly on the white background!

Bobby said...

The flowers curved like that remind me of the head garlands young girls would sometime wear. I love the size of the holly die and the splatters add a great accent.

Greta said...

2 beauties, Barb! I especially love the holly card--gorgeous & artistic! Thanks for stopping by my blog--I had just been thinking about you!

Karen Dunbrook said...

such a pretty garden card Barb.
Thanks so much for playing along with the CAS Watercolour Challenge.
:) Karen

Bonnie said...

Such pretty stitched flowers, Barb! I love the spring colors! And your holly is AWESOME! Love the splatters and I know it shimmers beautifully! Thanks for sharing with us at CAS Watercolour and CAS Christmas!

Nora Noll said...

Totally beautiful cards!! I LOVE the Holly one!!!