Wednesday, July 11, 2018

CAS Christmas & CAS Mix Up July Challenges

Hi there, blog friends ~ 
If you're a frequent visitor to my blog, you know how much I enjoy playing along with Loll and Bonnie's challenges...well, today I'm sharing a few cards I created for the CAS Christmas Challenge and CAS Mix Up Challenge ~


When it comes to flowers, I always look to Altenew and sure enough, their Poinsettia is perfect ~


There are four steps to this bloom, which I stamped with Hero Arts ink cubes. I spritzed sheer shimmer spray on the flowers and leaves and added Prills to the center of the flower. The leaves were a birthday gift from Loll (thank you again!).

Here is a close-up of the Prills...it's too bad the shimmer doesn't photograph well:


******************************************


My 2nd card is for the CAS Mix Up Challenge - Color our die cuts, stamping and our choice.


I used alcohol inks to color the die cut 'Color Drops' and after I stamped the sentiment, I added clear embossing powder (my choice) for dimension. A very simple card, but I love the effects of the alcohol inks when the colors blend...so pretty!
So, that's it for me...I hope everyone is having a great week ~

Thanks so much for stopping by,






Supplies:
Card #1
Stamps: Altenew - Build-a-Flower: Poinsettia; Happy Little Stampers - Christmas Joy (sentiment)
Dies: Altenew - Build-a-Flower: Poinsettia; MFT - Stitched Scallop Basic Edge; Leaves
Ink: Hero Arts Ink Cubes - May Park Collection; Versamark
Misc: Prills - You Had Me At Yellow; Imagine - Sheer Shimmer Spray; WOW Super Fine Gold EP

Card #2
Stamps: MFT - Sending a Smile
Dies: Color Drops; Reverse Confetti - Lovey Words
Inks: Ranger Alcohol Inks - Raspberry, Sunshine Yellow; Versafine Onyx Black
Misc: MFT - Tag Builder Blueprints 6 (Hearts); Ranger Super Fine Detail Clear EP

16 comments:

Loll said...

Two amazing cards Barb!! LOVE that gorgeous multi-stamps poinsettia. The prills really add a lot of texture. The flower just pops off all that glorious white space. Wonderful design!

And your CAS Mix Up card is beautiful. Gorgeous colours of alcohol inks that blended into yummy drops. Another awesome design.

Thank you for sharing with both CAS Christmas and CAS Mix Up! my friend!! xx

Betty said...

two fabulous cards, Barb - the poinsettia is gorgeous and the prills (never heard of them) give such great dimension - your design for the colored drops is just so pretty and elegant with those AI drops.

Cat Craig said...

I love that design on your poinsettia card. The angle adds nice interest and movement. Your ai drops are beautiful shades and really pop on your second card.

I Card Everyone said...

Oh, Barb! You are so right to reach for that Altenew Poinsettia! what wonderful colors, and the Prills are the perfect touch of texture, and fun - such fun names, right?
The alcohol ink colored drops are really yummy looking, and make for a delicious card - your choice of making them glossy adds the perfect touch!
=] xx

Bonnie said...

This is a beautiful poinsettia, Barb! Love the shades of red and the textured center! I'd never heard of Prills. Guess what's on my list now! The scalloped edge is so pretty and the leaves work perfectly with this gorgeous flower! Love the alcohol ink colored drops too! What a fun card! Love those tiny hearts and the stamped and die cut sentiment! Thanks so much for sharing with us at CAS Christmas and CAS Mix Up!

Christine Alexander said...

Barb, your poinsettia is gorgeous and the addition of the prills at the centre is perfect. BTW what a great layou with the diagonal cut and the scalloped edge. thanks for joining us at CAS Christmas:)

Karren said...

Oh these are both so beautiful, Barb! Your poinsettia is lovely and the angled tone-on-tone panel adds so much interest without detracting from that beautiful flower. And those color drops! Love, love, love them and seeing them here reminded me that I actually own them and should really use them :)

Linda W. (ScrappinBari) said...

Just love both cards, Barb! Such a pretty poinsettia with the bright yellow center and I love your alcohol ink drops!!

Anita in France said...

What a gorgeous duo, Barb ... the dimensional prills in the centre of the poinsettia really bring that fabulous flower to life ... love the soft blended AI colour and wonderful shine on your droplets ... delicious against all the crisp white! Hugs, Anita :)

Dawn T said...

two stunners Barb. Love the colours on your drops. It is so pretty

Trina P. said...

Two beautiful cards, Barb. Layering sets can be tricky, but you’ve stamped the layers perfectly for your poinsettia. Pri ll is new to me but it looks fabulous. Fun design too. Thank you for joining us at CAS Christmas Poinsettia challenge. x

nancy littrell said...

Gorgeous poinsettia Christmas card, Barb. Love your beautiful diagonal CS design. So pleased you entered your 2nd card in our CAS Mix Up Challenge. Your alcohol ink drops are stunning and love your layout. TFS my friend. Hugs..

Darnell said...

Two beautiful cards for Lolly and Bonnie's challenges, Barb! Your poinsettia with its Prills just pops off the splendid design of your card and your "color drops" blew me away! Yet another die that you have enabled me to get, lol!! Hugs, Darnell

Julia Aston said...

Two beautiful designs here Barb! Love the colorful drops and black die cut sentiment on your 2nd one - thank you for sharing with us at the CAS Mix Up! xx

Jo said...

Oh my, two beautiful cards Barb. Those colourful drops look like marbled enamel, I adore them. Love the whole design too. Thanks so much for joining us at CAS Mix Up!

Bobby said...

Gorgeous poinsettia, Barb. Altenew must have two poinsettia sets because mine isn't a layered one. The blend of alcohol inks is stunning.