Tuesday, September 18, 2018

Guest Designer CASology Challenge #313


Hi there blog friends! I am honored to share with you that as the winner of the CASology Challenge in April (cue card: Parent), Melissa has asked me to join them this week as Guest Designer for the cue card 'Dress'!

I have one of the original Silhouette Cameo's, and I never know if it's going to cooperate when I need a die cut...this week, I got lucky and found this lovely image in their store for my card ~

  
I started by die cutting the stitched scalloped mat, and to keep things really clean & simple, I sponged a light background, popped her up on foam squares, and added a scripty sentiment, which I embossed with clear EP. Lastly, I added the dots with my gel pen...and that was it! 

Be sure to stop by the CASology Challenge to see all of the beautiful cards created by their amazing Design Team...I think you'll be inspired to play along :) 

Thanks so much for stopping by,







Supplies:
Stamps: Papertrey Ink - Keep it Simple: 'Just Because'
Dies: Mama Elephant - All Prettied Up
Ink: Tim Holtz Distress Ink - Tumbled Glass; Versafine - Onyx Black
Misc: Silhouette Store - Pretty Girl with Flower (#76635); Black Glaze Pen; Ranger Super Fine Detail Clear embossing powder

15 comments:

Cat Craig said...

Fabulous inking and a sweet silhouette, Barb. Fab interpretation of the challenge.

Betty said...

lovely card and congrats on the GD spot, Barb!

Jacquie Southas said...

It's always great to have you guest designing with the CASology team, Barb! This card is sweet & lovely CAS perfection!

Janet a.k.a. swanlady21 said...

Love that soft glow behind the silhouette. Wonderful to have you as GD at CASology this week

I Card Everyone said...

Oh my goodness, Barb! This is so spectacular... wow, I'm so happy that Silhouette cooperated! The soft backlight is all you needed to add the perfect finishing touch... congratulations, my friend, you've certainly earned that gd spot! xx
=]

Bobby said...

I have a Silhouette Portrait that I won a number of years ago and never could get it to work right. I'm sure glad yours did because that cut is perfect for a dress challenge and the backlighting looks lovely.

Jen W. said...

Yaaaasssss! So happy to have you as our guest designer, Barb! That soft blue in the background is so pretty and I love the subtle texture on the girl. You rock!

Dawn T said...

totally delightful Barb. Congrats on your guest spot. Well deserved.

Anita in France said...

Sweet, delicate and lovely, Barb ... the glow of the background really makes this fabulous silhouette pop! Congratulations on your GD spot with CASology! Hugs, Anita :)

Loll said...

Beautiful CAS design Barb!! So happy your cameo cooperated ... this sweet girl in her big dress is beautiful. LOVE the light blue sponging to highlight her. Congrats on being Guest Designer at CAS-ology! xx

lostinpaper said...

She is beautiful Barb!

Cindy C. said...

Wow just awesome!!

karen h said...

Gorgeous card! I love the little touch of blue behind the die cut - it really sets it off. So glad you could be our guest designer this week!

Joyce said...

This is so beautiful, Barb. Love the simplicity of this image, and the touch of blue sponging really sets it off. Thanks so much for being our Guest Designer at CASology this week. Congratulations!

Karren said...

Sorry I'm so late visiting, Barb. Congrats on your GD spot. Your card is gorgeous - the hint of blue behind that gorgeous dress really makes it pop.