Friday, October 19, 2018

October Twofer Card Challenge - Harvest


Hi there blog friends ~ I always enjoy playing along with Darnell's Twofer Challenge and as soon as I saw this month's prompt, 'Harvest', I ordered this cute stamp set from Pretty Pink Posh: 


My first card (left) was stamped on Blending Card and colored with Copic markers in autumn colors. To keep it CAS, I added a sentiment with copper embossing powder with a touch of WOS and Glossy Accents on the flower. 
For my 2nd card, I wanted to create a monochromatic color palette and stamped the images with cement gray ink on a stone gray panel. I stepped outside my comfort zone and stamped a few images in a random pattern, then die cut the panel with the stitched scallop border die. I added a scripty sentiment and a few sparkly sequins, and this card was finished. 

The rules for the Twofer Challenge are: We can interpret the prompt however it inspires us, but we must use the same stamp or die on both cards and they must be for 2 different occasions.
Darnell and her team have provided lots of beautiful inspiration on the Challenge Blog, so be sure to check it out...I also have a badge on my sidebar with the rules of the challenge, if you would like to play along...deadline is the 24th!

Have a great weekend ~ Thanks so much for stopping by,






Supplies:
Stamps: Pretty Pink Posh - Autumn Wreath; SSS - Big Thanks
Dies: MFT - Stitched Scallop Basic Edges
Ink: MFT - Cement Gray, Licorice Hybrid Ink; Versamark; SSS - Soft Granite
Misc: WOW - Copper Embossing Powder; Pretty Pink Posh - Copper Sequins; Little Things by Lucy - Diamond Sequins; WOS - Clear Sparkle Pen; Glossy Accents


13 comments:

lostinpaper said...

These are both beautiful Barb, your wreath is divine and you know I do love me a stamped background panel.... so they both tick all the happy smile boxes in my book!

Betty said...

am so impressed by your stamping those little images to create that lovely wreath and the wonderful background - looks like a winner to me!!

Anita in France said...

Your colouring on that gorgeous wreath is fantastic, Barb, there's such a wonderful sense of depth and dimension to it ... and I love the bling interspersed with the images! Fabulous monochrome ... the tone on tone stamping is subtle and stylish ... and deliciously dressed up with the scalloped edging! Thanks so much for playing along with us at Twofer! Hugs, Anita :)

Darnell said...

Oooh, wow, I think you have pushed me over the edge to ordering this wreath, Barb! I have been seeing it a lot, but your coloring on that crisp white background really knocked me out! I would just hang that card on my door as my autumn wreath! And what a cool monochrome card you created for your thank you occasion! I never think of doing that, but it is very striking with tons of movement!! Thank you so much for playing in Twofer Card Challenge #10 and for your wonderful support!! Hugs, Darnell

I Card Everyone said...

Barb, are those dots on the wreath embossed in Copper, too? or are those jewels or sequins? LOve them, whatever they happen to be, they are gorgeous! Now. I know you'll probably think I'd choose the gray stamped one, right? This time, however, you've made me fall in love with all those gorgeous Fall colors, and that pretty wreath … I may not need an excuse to buy this one! lol!
Two gorgeous cards! xx
=]

Cat Craig said...

Barb, you should get a commission from PPP, your cards are definitely pushing me to NEED this stamp! Fabulous designs on your twofer.

Bobby said...

Two totally different looks that show the versatility of that stamp set, Barb. Both cards are wonderful.

Karren said...

You did a great job creating two different cards with one stamp set, Barb! If I didn't see them side-by-side, I'd be hard-pressed to say the images came from the same stamp set. Well cone, my friend!

Dawn T said...

stunning cards Barb. Great use of your stamp set

Happy Dance said...

Don't make me pick a favorite between these two gorgeous cards, Barb! Both are fabulous, each in their own way. That sweet wreath is beautifully colored and winked up, and has wonderfully clean lines. Your monochrome card is pure delight! LOVE what you've done with the die and the rainstones. Thanks so much for joining us at the Twofer Challenge. Bev

Joyce said...

So amazing to see such different and both beautiful cards from the same stamps. Love them both.

Liz said...

Two super cards. I love the bright autumn wreath on the first card and the way you've used the stamps on the second card is so effective. xx

Izzy Scrap said...

Beautiful! I do like too this PPP gorgeous wreath and your colouring of it is amazing. The images look so different on the monochromatic card, it really showcase the magic of a stamp set, it could be so different from one card to another depending on how you use it ! Thanks so much for inspiring. x