Tuesday, June 9, 2015

Addicted to Stamps Challenge #148

Hi everyone ~
It's time for a new challenge at Addicted to Stamps, and our theme is 'Holiday'. Our sponsor for this challenge is Sticky Bear's Digi Outlet, and the winner will receive three images up to $10.00 in value.

A few weeks ago, I won a few Purple Onion Designs stamps from Kay Miller's blog, (Thanks again, Kay!) and of course I couldn't wait to play with these adorable Halloween themed stamps ~ 





So, I stamped this little cutie-pie onto a stitched circle and colored him with Copic markers. I used a Tim Holtz embossing folder for the front panel, and placed that on top of a purple card base. I created the clouds with JJ Bolton's Cut File on my Silhouette with Tumbled Glass distress ink; I added the sentiment and a few mini pearls, and that was it!

I hope you'll take the time to stop by the Addicted to Stamps Blog and play along with us in this week's challenge :)

Since I used Copic Markers for this card, I would also like to add it to Kathy's 30 Day Coloring Challenge.

Thanks for stopping by ~










 

22 comments:

*Vicki* said...

AWE!! That kitty is very sweet Barb!! Your coloring is stunning and I love your added texture to this!! :)

Joyce said...

This is so adorable, and your coloring is perfect.

Deborah Frings said...

Super cute Halloween card - that little kitty is just so adorable and your colouring is super. I really like the embossed background too. Great work.

Darnell said...

Your card is adorable, Barb! I adore the Purple Onion stamps; lucky you for the win! You will make them shine!! Hugs, Darnell

sandie said...

Adorable image and coloured like an expert...well you are one! And I love the subtle clouds x

Deepti said...

Adorable, Love the coloring and the soft blue BG :)

Cindy C. said...

Super cute!! Great job colouring the kitty's fur!!

Kay Miller said...

OOoooooh I'm so excited to see what you have done with the PO stamps!! Such a darling card, and colored so beautifully!! Love the stitched circle and embossed background too!! Couldn't be any cuter!! Happy week my friend!! :)

cm said...

Cheering and applauding your well-deserved win over at Kay's place! If anyone is going to shine with these PO stamps, it will be you! And your card here proves me right! Your kitty is absolutely adorable, coloured beautifully! The background - both the sky and the embossing - are so eye-catching! Love this! I have some NBUS Christmas-themed PO stamps - you've given me incentive to bring them out and get some colouring practice!
Hugs~c

Lee-Anne said...

This is sweet as can be, Barb! Love that adorable kitty and the layout! Fabulous!

Tanja said...

this cat stamp is adorbale and your coloring looks fantastic

Cornelia (fun stamping) said...

So cute! I love Halloween - great idea to make a Halloween card now!

Cat Craig said...

Fabulous card, what an adorable Halloween image ( I like cutesy not scary !) The embossing on the front panel is wonderfully textured but not so it competes with your circle and that adorable image. Again, Fabulous Barb!

Anita in France said...

So adorable, Barb ... you made this little cat image shine with your fabulous colouring! Anita :)

lostinpaper said...

Oh, what an absolute cutie, your cloud background ROCKS!

Julie B said...

Aww, what a cute puss cat. Great colouring Barb. :)

Unknown said...

Hello Kitty! Too cute and way to make the image the focal point ;)

Dana said...

Awww!! Love this little kitty! Love your card!!

Neets B said...

Such a cute kitty and you've coloured him perfectly, love your subtle clouds too x

Karen M said...

Your card is so cute Barb - love it xx

Shona Chambers said...

What a little cutie!! Gorgeous image, coloured perfectly. Really like the embossing folder you used, it created such a soft border that was perfect for your theme. Awesome card!!

Greta said...

I'm not big on Halloween, but this is adorable, Barb! Love your design & coloring!