Tuesday, June 2, 2015

Mask-erade Online Card Class - Day 1




Hi everyone,

A quick post to share a card I created for the newest Online Card Class, 'Mask-erade' ~ On Day 1, Laura Bassen shared her technique for ink blending with masks. So, I grabbed my Avery Elle Rounded Diamonds dies and created this card:




I thought it would be fun to ink this pattern on an angle, and die cut the SSS word to include most of the pattern. As you can see, orange was a thorn in my side, but after four attempts (this card was #5), I decided to move forward. I heat embossed the remainder of the sentiment, and added a row of small pearls just for fun...and that was it!

I've been working on other cards using techniques from the class, but we've had overcast skies for the past several days, and I have to wait. (I took this pic last week).

I would like to enter this card into this week's Simon Says Stamp Wednesday challenge for the theme 'Anything Goes' ~

 

So, that's it for me...I hope everyone is having a great day ~ Thanks for stopping by,








16 comments:

lostinpaper said...

Oh so gorgeous Barb, love how those colours blend so beautifully!

Aileen said...

Beautiful Barb, loving this idea. And your die cut sentiment blended in there looks wonderful.

Rosemary said...

cool take on the technique, barb! (I took the class, too, but haven't had the motivation to make anything...)

cm said...

Barb, this is gorgeous! What a cool technique; looks like you mastered it! Beautiful colours and brilliant image choice! The camo sentiment: perfect!
Hugs~c

maria f. said...

I think it's lovely. I'm intrigued by the science of picking/using the right colors. Your design is fabby.

Carol L said...

This is a real WOW factor card for me! I love the sharp contrast of the pastel shapes against the black and white. What a wonderful creation!

Greta said...

I love those rounded diamonds every time I see them & this is no exception! What an eye-catching & wonderful card, Barb!

Dawn T said...

Delightful card Barb. Great die to use as your maski

Joyce said...

Wow--this card is so amazing, and I cannot even imagine how you made it. Looks like this is a great class.

Unknown said...

Get outta town, Barb! This is fantastico!!!

Shona Chambers said...

Ah-mazing!! The effect is incredible AND you got a comment from Laura Bassen....yay you!!!

Teresa Kline said...

so awesome, thanks for the inspiration...great masking! so glad you played along with Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge!

sparkle & shine *~*

Kay Miller said...

Wow!! This is so neat Barb! So fun how you stamped all the shapes in the different colors like that, and love the technique you used on the word die! Really fabulous card!! Thank you so much for all the sweet comments lately on my blog! To answer your question about the background on my ice cream sundae, I used Copics and made tiny dots :) ((Hugs)) Kay :)

Kylie said...

What an amazing effect you have created! I love the colours and the die cut word is perfect! xx

Anita in France said...

Cool, funky and so complete gorgeous, Barb ... really, so WOW! Anita :)

Deepti said...

Wow the shading is awesome !fun look :)