Saturday, September 2, 2017

Addicted to CAS Challenge #119

Hi there blog friends ~ It's time for a new challenge at Addicted to CAS and Doni has chosen our Code Word:


As summer comes to a close, I start thinking about all the wonderful fruits and veggies I enjoy during autumn and apples are at the top of my list ~


I wasn't sure if I liked this card after I added glossy accents to the apples, so I created a new one, and this time I used a lighter red ink and Shimmer Spritz ~


Maybe it's the screen on my pc, because, in person, the shimmer spritz is very pretty :)

A few weeks ago, the winner of our challenge, Sweet Kobylkin (Ksenija), created three really cute cards using this partial die cutting technique on the border of her cards. As soon as I emailed her about being our Guest Designer, I asked if I could CASE her fun design...she said yes, and here we are :)

This is how I created this card: 
- I started by drawing a pencil line where the fold would be. (I did not fold the card yet). 
- I lined up the apple die (beginning in the center working outward) and partially die cut each one. 
- I erased the pencil line and stamped the apples and stems.
- Lastly, I placed the card on my score board and scored in between each apple, folded the card, and added glossy accents to each one.
***The card is now 5" tall by 5 1/2 wide, so I created my own envelope.

My teamies have created some really fabulous cards for this challenge and we would love to have you join us! Create a Smile is our Sponsor and they are offering a gift card for 15 Euros to the winner of this challenge! 
Ingredients:
Stamps: PTI: Fruit Fusion; Reverse Confetti: Sentiment
Dies: Reverse Confetti - Sentiment
Inks: Versamark; MFT - Cherry Crisp; SSS - Hot Lips; Catherine Pooler - Grass Skirt 
Misc:  Hero Arts - Silver EP; Lucy Cards - Sequins; MFT - Silver Foil C/S; Glossy Accents; Shimmer Spritz

Thanks so much for stopping by,








13 comments:

Ksenija @Sweet Kobylkin said...

Barb, thank you so much for inviting me as a Guest Designer. Love both of your cards, red apples and a lot of white space look so beautiful. Thank you so much for giving a try to on-the-edge die-cutting and for the mention. - Sweet Kobylkin

Cat Craig said...

Love the look of this card...both versions for sure. I might like the first just a touch better. Thanks too for your tutorial, this is a fabulous technique for a fun image shape.

Betty said...

great technique, Barb - my fave of the two is the first one with the darker red and the glossy accents - sad to say i have no apple stamps or dies or i'd give this a try - some other time with a different theme...

jintyoo7 said...

Hello Barb, Wonderful technique and I have to say i do love them both but the glossy apple version is brilliant :-)

Susan said...

Such a creative way to make your images pop. Love it!

lostinpaper said...

Photography is always the hardest part for me, I feel your struggle with this card photo. I do like the shine on the apples and it's always one of those things that when someone gets the card they wonder how you did it. Great share Barb!

TaeEun said...

Great design!!! Thank you so much for the description. So it is a top folding card with partial negative die cut on the back. At first sight I thought it is a side folding one! Love the apples with glossy accents more!

Anita in France said...

Scrumptious, Barb ... both of them ... love how you have the apples dancing along the top of the card ... such a great design! Thanks for the guide on how to achieve such a fun look! Hugs, Anita :)

Dawn T said...

Both cards are fabulous Barb. Well worth the effort making the partial die-cues.

Bobby said...

This turned out so cute, Barb. I often forget about the partial die cutting techniques but they make such an impact. I think apples should be glossy so I love that you put all the GA on them.

Greta said...

I love both versions, Barb--super cute!

Karren said...

What a clever idea! The rows of apples look so cool bobbing along the top of the cards! I like both the glossy version and the non-glossy - they're both wonderful.

Ellenor said...

Both your cards are gorgeous, and I love the glossy accent on the card, it really makes it shine.
I think I have to try this cutting technique as well :)