Saturday, January 5, 2019

Addicted to CAS Challenge #150 - Snowflake



Hi all...Kylie and the DT have had a break for the holidays, and today starts our first challenge of the new year at Addicted to CAS! Also with the start of the new year, I would like to extend a warm welcome to our four new DT Members:


Our Hostess is Angie and she is challenging everyone to create a card using the Code Word ‘Snowflake’.
Our Guest Designer is Hillary (winner of challenge #148) and she has created a beautiful card to inspire everyone!

As a Christmas gift to myself, I bought an older set of MFT Snowflake dies, which are the most gorgeous snowflakes I've ever seen...hands down! 


The elegant details in this set of dies are truly amazing...check them out Here. I layered a small snowflake and gold sequin to the center of the large one and placed it on the stitched scallop border. The gold striped patterned papers are from PTI and the sentiment is from a new stamp set by MFT.

Ok, now we would love to see how the code word ‘Snowflake’ inspires you! If you would like to see inspiration from the Design Team, and play along with us, visit the ATCAS Blog HERE ~


Thanks so much for stopping by,






Supplies:
Stamps: MFT - Snowfall of Blessings (sentiment)
Dies: MFT - Stylish Snowflakes, Stitched Scallop Basic Edges
Misc: PTI - Glod Luxe Foil Patterned Paper (retired); Ranger - Super Fine Gold EP

17 comments:

Raga Senthil said...

Great design and a delicate cas beauty!! Love this detailed snowflake die and contrast colour combo!! I'm so glad to play along with you talented designers!! Hugs!! Raga.

Anita in France said...

Elegant and chic, Barb ... that delicate snowflake is just gorgeous ... it's daintiness is such a great contrast with the bold gold stripes! Hugs, Anita :)

I Card Everyone said...

You have been rocking that gorgeous gold foil paper, Barb... LOve this little snowflake … wouldn't it be grand if snow were gold on occasion?
=]

Macimbalo said...

Wow this is so gorgeous! I love that snowflake die and your whole layout is just perfect!!! Happy New Year!!!

Cat Craig said...

Stunning card Barb, the look in gold is so elegant.

Christine Alexander said...

wonderfully classy card Barb, I love the snowflake and so pretty in gold.

Karren said...

This is absolutely stunning, Barb! Those snowflakes are indeed gorgeous and your gold one is a stand-out.

Betty said...

such a classy elegant card - one cannot have too many snowflake dies!!

Bobby said...

That is a gorgeous snowflake die, Barb, and it sets off the striped paper well.

Loll said...

I agree Barb ... that is a gorgeous snowflake die. I love how you've gone for white and gold. So elegant and beautiful. Great design. xx

lostinpaper said...

ooh, a gold snowflake, you know how to make me happy!

HilaryJane said...

This card is stunning, I love the gold shine, the detail in the snowflake and the wonderful sentiment. Using landscape orientation is very effective for this card. I think it is something I must try more often. Thank you for all your support and lovely comments, you have really given a boost to my confidence. I am looking forward to taking part in more challenges this year xx

Dawn T said...

So very beautiful Barb. It is an elegant card.

Vicki Dutcher said...

Oh my! So stunning with the gorgeous gold!

Stephanie Lanzalotto said...

Hi Barb. I so meant to reach out to you over the holidays. I hope you had a happy time. Your card is absolutely gorgeous. The gold stripes, embossing and snowflake are so elegant. Love the scalloped edge die. Happy New Year!

TK said...

Stunning use of that beautiful gold! Perfection

Jaydee said...

Barb, trust you to make a golden snowflake and rock it! I love it with the gold stripes and it's a great layout, too. Stunning! BTW... I've been meaning to ask you... who created your fabulous signature?
hugs
jaydee