Thursday, February 21, 2019

Fusion Card Challenge - Rainbow Cupcake

Inspiration Photo/Sketch

Hi there blog friends ~ It's time for a new challenge at Fusion and this time our prompt is Rainbow Cupcake. 


As you can see, I stepped WAY out of my comfort zone creating this card, but I really like the sketch, and wanted to go with that.

Pink and gray is my all-time favorite color combo, so I decided to use it as opposed to the color palette on the inspiration photo. I started by stamping the polka dot background and used felt to die cut the bloom. I also thought it would be fun to use the Mod Rectangle die for the focal point on this card...and that was it ~

Don't forget the best thing about the Fusion Card Challenge is that you can choose between the sketch and the inspiration photo, or both! My teamies have created some beautiful cards to inspire you, so feel free to stop by the challenge blog and play along with us!

Thanks so much for stopping by,






Supplies:
Stamps: Altenew - Dainty Swiss Dots (sentiment); Papertrey Ink - Turning a New Leaf
Dies: MFT - Stitched Mod Rectangle STAX; Papertrey Ink - Turning a New Leaf, Button Stacks (bloom); Penny Black - Lovey Words
Misc: Papertrey Ink - Felt (Autumn Rose); Doodlebug Designs - Sprinkles Enamel Dots; Pretty Pink Posh - Sparkling Clear Jewels

11 comments:

Cat Craig said...

Awww sweet take on the sketch.

Bonnie said...

Love the felt flower and the shape of that die! The color combo is so pretty and polka dots always make me smile.

lostinpaper said...

ooh, look at those gorgeous greys with a pop of colour, I am swooning here Barb!

I Card Everyone said...

Oh my gray gorgeousness! and a felt flower? LOVE it, Barb!!! Certainly did bring a smile to my face - and now I want a cupcake - or maybe just a bag of gummy rainbows!!! xx
=]

Bobby said...

Polka dots always make me smile, Barb.

Christine Alexander said...

love the felt flower, I never think to use it :)

TaeEun said...

This is a pretty grey-pink card, Barb! Love the felt flower and the blings!
Have a wonderful weekend <3 :) !

Linda Callahan said...

This is soooo pretty! I love the pink and gray.......elegant!

Karren said...

Oh this is so beautiful, Barb! The delicate dots work perfectly with the gorgeous flower and the colors are divine! I'm so sorry I haven't been visiting lately. I've been taking a bit of a break from crafty stuff in the hopes my mojo and enjoyment for card-making will return.

Anita in France said...

Those lovely greys are so stylish, Barb ... and what a gorgeous, soft, warm bloom ... I just want to reach in and touch! Hugs, Anita :)

Loll said...

Awesome design Barb!! LOVE your colour combination. The polka dot background is so sweet and perfect with the colourful felt flowers. Adorbs!! :) xx