Saturday, August 31, 2019

Pink & Purple


Badge

Hi there, blog friends! Today starts a new challenge at Addicted to CAS! Susan is our Hostess, and she is challenging everyone to create a card using the Code Word ‘Pink and Purple’.

Our Guest Designer is the super talented YoonYoung Kim ~


I'm a sucker for these cute little Pure Innocence characters, so I thought I would use my Copic markers to color these images. I stenciled the brick background and used DI's for the grass, then die cut the panel with the Venise Lace Border before mounting it on the card base. I left out a sentiment until I'm ready to send this card (probably to my granddaughter)...and that was it!


We would love to see how the code word ‘Pink and Purple’ inspires you! If you would like to see inspiration from the Design Team and play along with us, come on over and check out the ATCAS Blog ~

Thanks so much for stopping by,






Supplies:
Stamps: MFT - Bring Out the Sunshine
Dies: MFT - Bring Out the Sunshine, Ewe and Me Forever (grass); Spellbinders - Venise Lace
Stencil: MFT - English Brick Wall
Misc: Copic markers; Tim Holtz Distress Inks - Twisted Citron, Mowed Lawn; MFT - Cement Gray


14 comments:

Betty said...

such a sweet card, Barb! lovely coloring!

Stephanie Lanzalotto said...

Such a sweet image, Barb. I love the light stencilig of that wall, and the grass beneath. Beautiful coloring. I love everything about this.

Nora Noll said...

This is adorable!! I LOVE the fun way you colored the little girl and your background is AMAZING!!

Vicki Dutcher said...

What a sweetie! Your coloring is fabulous

lostinpaper said...

LOVE everything about your cute card Barb, that little girl is such a sweetie!
ooh I thought it was the Hemstitch die for a second...

Dawn T said...

Just adorable Barb. Purple is my favourite colour and pink always goes so well with it.

I Card Everyone said...

Just look at this darling girl dressed in purple with her pretty pink posies! and her BLOOMERS!!! It couldn't be a cuter card, Barb, and your coloring is fabulous!!
=]

Anita in France said...

Isn't she just the sweetest, Barb ... so adorable in her beautifully crafted scene ... charming! Hugs, Anita :)

Cat Craig said...

Sweet card, lovely coloring and your stenciling is perfect.

Macimbalo said...

Such sweetness and your coloring is AMAZING! I just love that brick wall behind her too - so subtle and perfect!

Linda Callahan said...

Oh my I love this! Adorable.....and totally wow coloring!

Bobby said...

She is a cutie, Barb, and beautifully colored. She reminds me of my great granddaughter.

Jaydee said...

Barb
this is gorgeous. I love the inked brick background, so soft and subtle. Your image is beautifully colored. Fabulous card, my friend. Hope you had a wonderful week
hugs
jaydee

Vicky Hayes said...

When I grow up (!) I'd like to be able to colour like you Barb! This is so, so subtle, from the stencilling and the perfect ink fading of the grass to the focal figure. So inspiring.