Monday, March 16, 2020

Twofer Challenge - Spring Animals

Hi there, blog friends! I'm sure you know by now that Darnell's Twofer Challenge is one of my all-time faves, and when I saw her prompt for this month, I couldn't wait to grab my stamps and ink so I could play along ~


As I perused my stash, I came across this adorable set of sheep by MFT...


It's always nice to have an encouragement card on hand...I kept the design very simple and did a little coloring with my Copic markers. I also stenciled some clouds in the background and added a scalloped frame.

______________________________________


For my 2nd card, I blended Tumbled Glass ink softly from the top down and used my new Funky Fossil Designs stencil for the grass. I placed the sheep slightly above the loose grass and for fun, I included a black sheep coming up from behind :)

And, here is the photo of both cards:



You have until the 24th to join in the challenge...just don't forget the rules:



Stay safe and healthy, everyone! And don't forget to wash your hands...A LOT!!!

Thanks so much for stopping by,






Supplies:

Card #1
Stamps: MFT - Ewe & Me Forever
Dies: MFT - Ewe & Me Forever, Speech Bubble; Mama Elephant - All Prettied Up
Stencils: MFT - Mini Clouds
Misc: Copic Markers

Card #2
Stamps: MFT - Ewe & Me Forever, Adorable Elephants (butterflies)
Dies: MFT - Ewe & Me Forever, Cute Cloud Outlines, Stitched Snow Drifts, Adorable Elephants
Stencils: Funky Fossil Designs - Scenic Borders
Misc: SSS - Glitter Cardstock; Copic Markers



10 comments:

Christine Alexander said...

Barb your little sheep are so cute especially the little back sheep of the family :)

lostinpaper said...

Ewe are amazing my friend, these are both so sweet Barb!

Marcia Hill said...

Awwwww...such sweet ewe's Barb!! I love the bows in their hair and the pretty Spring colors in both cards. And of course that lone black sheep cracked me up along with the punny sentiment on your thank you card! Thanks so much for sharing with us at The Twofer Challenge this month!! 😊

Cat Craig said...

Barb, I love those punny sentiments on your sweet lamb cards. Both your thank ewe and your encouragement card use the lambs nicely. Thanks for playing along with us at Twofer Card Challenge.

I Card Everyone said...

Barb, these are a totally different flock of sheep than I had envisioned when we spoke!! Darling, in every way - the look on their faces just cracks me up! Like: what do you expect, we're sheep... we flock, we leap!
LOve that encouragement card, my friend!
WWCD! xx
=]

Darnell said...

This darling ewe reminds me of a framed saying one of my friends had up in her kitchen: "Ewes not fat, ewes fluffy!" This is one roly-poly lambie and she's so cute in a yellow bow frolicking in her spring garden and offering words of encouragement! And the flock of thank ewes is a joy! Love that you added a black one. All the baby lambs are out in the fields around here and I'm always surprised how many of them are black. Great clouds and butterflies, too!! Thank you so much for playing in Twofer Card Challenge #25 and for your consistent enthusiasm! Take care and be safe!! ♥Hugs, Darnell

Anita in France said...

What cuties, Barb ... and such fun, punny sentiments! That little lamb leaping over the spring flowers is adorable in her sunny yellow ribbon ... and what a great troup frolicking in the meadow with those delicate butterflies ... love that you made one of the sheep black! Thanks so much for playing along with us at Twofer ... always a joy to see you here! Hugs, Anita :)

Bobby said...

These are so cute, Barb. I love the pun-y sentiments and I'm glad you included that black sheep.

Linda W. (ScrappinBari) said...

Darling twofer, Barb - such a sweet sheep image! Especially love the row of sheep with a black one - too cute!!

Loll said...

Your Ewe cards are so adorable Barb! Whoever gets these cards is going to have a big smile on their face! :) xx