Tuesday, November 3, 2020

November CAS Christmas Challenge


Hi there, blog friends! It’s time for the November challenge at CAS Christmas. Our Hostess is the amazing Trina and she has chosen ‘Non-traditional Colors’ for our prompt. Our Guest Designer is Vicky from Crafting Clare's Paper Moments.


My all-time favorite color combo is pink and gray, so this was a no-brainer for me...I started this 5x7 card with the PTI Linen/Canvas Cover Plate on white cardstock to provide contrast and texture. The wreath and berries are from MFT and I chose the sentiment from Reverse Confetti. To finish I added Glossy Accents to the berries...and that was it!

We hope you’ll stop by the Challenge Blog and check out all the beautiful Christmas cards by our DT and Guest Designer. The challenge ends on the 24th, so you have plenty of time to play along with us. Since the holiday season is nearly upon us, this is a great way to add some unique cards to your Christmas card stash! I hope to see you there ~ 

Thanks so much for stopping by,






Supplies:
Dies: MFT - Joyful Wreath; Reverse Confetti - Winter Words
Misc: PTI - Linen/Canvas Cover Plate; Altenew - Pale Gray cardstock; MFT - Cotton Candy cardstock; Glossy Accents


21 comments:

Colleen said...

Oh, I love your gray wreath and the pink berried with the joy word. Those are two of my favorite combinations of colors. Awesome!!

I Card Everyone said...

Barb, you know me... grey and ANY color is the best! lol So it's easy to say I'm loving your pink and grey! and that embossing folder, and the glossy berries!
Fabulous card, my friend!
=]

Nora Noll said...

This is lovely!! I like the color choices and the embossed white background.

Bonnie said...

I LOVE these soft colors and how you've used them, Barb! The wreath is so pretty with the pink berries and I love the textured background!

Linda W. (ScrappinBari) said...

Gorgeous wreath on the linen background, Barb! The pink JOY adds the perfect touch!!

Christine Alexander said...

I love that colour combo but never think Christmas. Now I need to pull out my grey and pink before the end of the year :)

Dawn T said...

What a beautiful card Barb. The colour scheme is so pretty.

Linda Callahan said...

Your non traditional card is beautiful.....so calm and soothing! Loving the pink with the neutrals!

Marcia Hill said...

BEAUTIFUL card Barb...I love pink and gray too and it looks especially beautiful with your wreath and berries!! Lovely, lovely card!! :0)

Loll said...

The soft colours of your card is so beautiful, Barb Gray and pink made an amazing combination. Your wreath with berries is awesome and love that joy sentiment. xx

Cat Craig said...

This is a lovely card. The soft colors are lovely.

Papercraft Boutique said...

What a lovely card, Barb! I love this Christmas wreath card! The gray & pink color combo is so soft and pretty! The texture (linen) of the back panel is subtle but adds so much interest.
Hideko xx

Julia Aston said...

Oh, this is SO softly pretty in the pink and grey Barb - I love that subtle embossed background - a beautiful calming Christmas card! just what we all need this year! xx

Trina P. said...

So delicate, yet so striking! I don’t normally think of soft colours, but I think you may have won me over with this beauty. The subtle background was a great touch.

lostinpaper said...

So very beautiful Barb and such a pretty colour combo, i can see why you love it so very much!

Vicky Hayes said...

I'm a big fan of pink and grey too Barb and I love your card. The soft colours make the image look misty and delicate and I like the subtle texture in the background. Vicky x

Bobby said...

I remember back in the day when pink and gray were fashion forward, Barb. They still look good together whether in fashion or on your beautiful wreath.

Linda said...

Your pink and gray is so elegant looking, Barb, Very pretty and love all your texture.

Anita in France said...

What a lovely, soft, serene colour combo, Barb ... they make for such a fabulous dimensional wreath against all that yummy texture! Hugs, Anita :)

Karren said...

This is stunning, Barb! The pink and gray work beautifully and the subtle texture in the background adds interest without overwhelming the design.

Cathy said...

Such a pretty colour combination Barb, love the subtle embossing in the background too. I have this cover plate and can never get it to show up this well, I must give it another go! Cathy x