Sunday, July 3, 2022

The Man, The Myth, The Legend

Hi there ~
This is my first DT card after several months, and I'm excited to also be hosting the July challenge at CAS Christmas 


 I'm sure you expected to see the man himself, but I decided to add a twist and I used his name and hat for my focal point.


 The alphas are from Altenew. I stacked them x3 with cardstock, then topped them with patterned paper. The puny sentiment is from SSS and I think the hat is Impression Obsession, but I'm not sure.                                                            

We hope you’ll stop by the Challenge Blog and check out all the beautiful Christmas cards by our DT... The challenge ends on the 24th, so you have plenty of time to play along with us...It’s a great way to add some beautiful cards to your Christmas card stash! I hope to see you there ~  



Thanks so much for stopping by,







18 comments:

Betty said...

love your interpretation of the challenge, Barb - not sure if I have any santa stamps to make an entry.

nancy littrell said...

So happy to have you back, Barb. LOVE your CAS Cheerful and Punny Santa card. The die cut SANTA, hat, funny sentiment and red and White colors were CAS perfection. TFS and hosting this months Challenge, my friend. Love and hugs...Nancy

Loll said...

I'm so happy to have you back Barb! I hope that your recovery continues to go well, my friend! LOVE this fun card. The stripy raised letter are adorable ... they look like candy canes! :) So sweet with the Santa hat perched on top, and a fun sentiment to finish. Love it! xx

Julia Aston said...

Welcome back Barb! What a fun stripy SANTA - love the little hat hanging on the S and the great sentiment under the word - a fun challenge - and I love your take on it! xx

Papercraft Boutique said...

So happy to have you back, Barb!
What a great idea to make a Santa card without Santa himself!
The candy-cane-like stripe die-cut sentiment is awesome, and the Santa hat sitting on the letter "S" is so cute! This is a really cool CAS Santa card. Thanks for hosting this fun challenge!
Hideko xx

Susan said...

What a great take on the Santa challenge! And what a great sentiment! Love the use of the striped red and white paper, and the addition of the Santa hat.

lostinpaper said...

Yay, so happy you are back on track my friend! What a wonderful card, it's a brilliant design and totally made me smile!

Dawn T said...

Great card Barb, glad to see you back with such a stunner

ElizStewart said...

Fabulous. Fun. And funny!

Marcia Hill said...

This card is so dang CUTE Barb, and I absolutely LOVE the sentiment...goes perfectly with your die cut striped letters!! FUN challenge for this month!! Hugs. :0)

Trina P. said...

Awesome twist on Santa, Barb! This is so cute. The stripe pattern paper was a fab addition.

Bobby said...

That sub-sentiment is perfect with the die cut 'Santa', Barb. Such a fun CAS card.

Linda W. (ScrappinBari) said...

Super adorable SANTA letters with the hat and sub sentiment, Barb! Thanks for the inspiration at CAS Christmas - great to see you back!!

Cindy H. said...

Wonderful Christmas card and so clever!!

Cindy C. said...

Barb this is such a clever design!!

Karren said...

This is so clever! To use the word "Santa" rather than the image is such a great idea!

Linda said...

Barb, this is so adorable with your red and white striped Santa word with the Santa Hat. Thanks for the fun challenge.

Vicki Dutcher said...

So fun using the striped paper for your Santa! I just might have to be casing that for this year 😊